ObamaCare: More Part-time workers; New Normal?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting to single payer is likely the least of their concerns right now (and by "their" I mean the incompetent dolts who wrote and passed this thing). This law has taken out more Democrats than I would have ever imagined. One by one the idiots who voted for this law who are up for reelection in 2014 are dropping out of the mid-terms at a remarkable pace.

When one of the authors AND the Senate Majority Leader both consider it a "train wreck," and we're at a point where THIS is as good as Obamacare is going to get, I suspect this law is going to do more long-term harm to the Democrats than anyone ever imagined. It will likely be Obama's "signature" deal, and his legacy will forever be marked first and foremost as an incompetent product of an overly PC society.

No. Nothing can change the psycho-historians eventual revisionism.

Barack Obama will forever be the first black President, whose election marked both the assention of a post racial America, but whose failures where not really his own and only served to reinforce the absolute need for the preferential treatment of minorities because of the appauling racism inherent in the system.

End of story.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Obama's people themselves admit that there is going to be a major Physician shortage. The number I read was 125,000 short. Their answer to this is a lot of the work qualified doctors were doing is going to be shifted to the nurses. Diluted health care for everyone!!

And thus the left wing dream of a 'level playing field' is realized when we're all dying in the gutter together. :thumbsup:

We are in the process of doing a comprehensive review of the plans we offer our employees. Among the most annoying questions that our broker (a large broker too) could not answer was "Which of these plans would be subject to the Cadillac penalty?" When he couldn't answer, we asked him to ask the insurance companies. He said that they had, and they didn't know either.

So here we are, a company that offers a really good health insurance plan to our 110 employees, but what we don't know is whether the plan is subject to a giant penalty. Mind you that if we have to pay the penalty, we won't:; we will just give our employees a crappier plan (and we owners will get a bunch more money, but that is not our goal).

Unlike Tom, I haven't read the ACA but I assume some smart guys at Blue Cross have, and they can't even decide what plans will be subject to the penalty. How opaque is this morass of legislation?

By the way, in the last 9 years, our health insurance costs have increased less than 10% one year (last year was 7% somehow...this coming year it will be 12%). So I'm not someone saying the private insurance system is working all that well. But I am saying that the ACA is a cluster%^&k.

Probably not that blue cross attorneys do not know but rather the regs have not come out...waiting on rules and guidance

ObamaCare though imperfect is huge step in the right direction for America. I would of liked to see more cost controls but it helps solve the market failures that occur in Insurance markets do to information assymetery. Importantly it helps some of the poorest Americans get health care they need. Unfortunately America still has a health spending problem, but at least it expands care to the previously uninsured.

ObamaCare though imperfect is huge step in the right direction for America. I would of have liked to see more cost controls but it helps solve the market failures that occur in Insurance markets do due to information assymetery. Importantly it helps some of the poorest Americans get health care they need. Unfortunately America still has a health spending problem, but at least it expands care to the previously uninsured.

Explain what more cost controls actually are. Do you understand the basics of insurance? What exactly do you mean by information assymetry as it pertains to failures in insurance markets? Do you know what Medicaid is?

No. Nothing can change the psycho-historians eventual revisionism.

I genuinely agree with this. I'm just saying that the long-term problems with Obamacare will still be addressed long after he is president, and it will forever mar his name. One day, he will, in fact, be studied as what happens when you put a college lecturer with zero executive experience in charge of the leader of the free world.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in 20 years, the discussion is "Yeah, we elected a black man president back then. Unfortunately, that was the only real reason we elected him."

Edited by LABillzFan

ObamaCare though imperfect is huge step in the right direction for America. I would of liked to see more cost controls but it helps solve the market failures that occur in Insurance markets do to information assymetery. Importantly it helps some of the poorest Americans get health care they need. Unfortunately America still has a health spending problem, but at least it expands care to the previously uninsured.

It's a piece of **** that won't help anything and just make things worse. Costs will continue to rise and add to our already enormous national debt. Access will become even more limited as doctors leave the field and fewer people enter medical school. And people will still continue to practice poor health habits and be just as sick as before.

It's a piece of **** that won't help anything and just make things worse. Costs will continue to rise and add to our already enormous national debt. Access will become even more limited as doctors leave the field and fewer people enter medical school. And people will still continue to practice poor health habits and be just as sick as before.

Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

But if everyone has health insurance then we will catch problems, like old age for instance, before they become bigger more expensive issues. Also, EMRs. Those are just two ways that Obamacare will recoup the few trillion dollars that its already over budget by and after that the savings will continue into the future.

I am completely mystified when people like Guzman talk about this steaming pile of **** being "a step in the right direction".

This bill:

- Increases costs of delivery

- Decreases access to doctors

- Decreases the total number of doctors

- Decreases the quality of care

- Discourages hiring and economic growth

- Increases the cost of health insurace

- Decreases the quality of the health insurance being offered

- Increases administrative costs

- Creates a massive middle management bureaucracy at the state level, which is staffed by people who don't understand healthcare delivery

- Increases taxes on the working poor, working class, and middle class

Where the !@#$ are the right steps?

I am completely mystified when people like Guzman talk about this steaming pile of **** being "a step in the right direction".

This bill:

- Increases costs of delivery

- Decreases access to doctors

- Decreases the total number of doctors

- Decreases the quality of care

- Discourages hiring and economic growth

- Increases the cost of health insurace

- Decreases the quality of the health insurance being offered

- Increases administrative costs

- Creates a massive middle management beuracracy at the stae level, wich is staffed by people who don't understand healthcare delivery

- Increases taxes on the working poor, working class, and middle class

Where the !@#$ are the right steps?

- increased dependence on the government ? :flirt:

Remember........................ health insurance should provide financial protection from catastrophic events, not wrap-around first-dollar coverage.

- increased dependence on the government ? :flirt:

Remember........................ health insurance should provide financial protection from catastrophic events, not wrap-around first-dollar coverage.

Wrap around first-dollar corverage isn't health insurance at all. It defies the very definition of insurance. Wrap around coverage is simply pre-payment for all services rendered.

I genuinely agree with this. I'm just saying that the long-term problems with Obamacare will still be addressed long after he is president, and it will forever mar his name. One day, he will, in fact, be studied as what happens when you put a college lecturer with zero executive experience in charge of the leader of the free world.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in 20 years, the discussion is "Yeah, we elected a black man president back then. Unfortunately, that was the only real reason we elected him."

In the psyho-historians' revisionist version version of events, President Obama's incredible efforts were undermined because of his race; and his failures will not have been his failures at all, but the failures of a racist, conservative wing of America who wasn't ready or able to accept what should have obviously been the unquestioned genious of a the president, and for no other reason than because he was black.

But if everyone has health insurance then we will catch problems, like old age for instance, before they become bigger more expensive issues. Also, EMRs. Those are just two ways that Obamacare will recoup the few trillion dollars that its already over budget by and after that the savings will continue into the future.

A recent study by Harvard found that EMRs don't save money. And as for catching problems, that's dependent on a) seeing the doctor, b) doing exactly what he/she says, c) modifying one's lifestyle, and d) continuing to follow-up with the doctor. Those are what people should already have been doing, but haven't. Why will it change now?

A recent study by Harvard found that EMRs don't save money. And as for catching problems, that's dependent on a) seeing the doctor, b) doing exactly what he/she says, c) modifying one's lifestyle, and d) continuing to follow-up with the doctor. Those are what people should already have been doing, but haven't. Why will it change now?

You don't think that EMRs and universal coverage can prevent old age?