Jets Release Tim Tebow

I "think" the wildcat will end up being a short lived little used fad going forward. Personally I was never much of a fan of that play. Its 3rd and 1...Brad Smith lines up at QB. The whole world knows what the play is gonna be. Result: 1 yard and a cloud of dust. It has been used with some success admittedly. It doesn't make for very interesting watching...from a fans' perspective. In my opinion, of course.

I was just thinking Tebow because B. Smith never had skill at that position for the bills, he didn't have enough muscle. Tebow would be better for the position. But on the other hand EJ can run it too.

Edited by Braedenstearns

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would rather have a college QB with 2 wins in a weak conference, than a pro QB that brought a team to the playoffs and won a playoff game. Seriously, read the scouting report on Tuel -- slow, weak arm, doesn't make progressions. I guess chronic losing makes some fans habitual.

I've watched Tuel, so I'm not relying on a scouting report. The PAC12 is not weak. Have you seriously considered the downsides of bringing Tim Tebow onto the Bills? I guess that same chronic losing makes some fans snide.

Tebow will not be content being a number 3 QB. I'm not saying he'll be militant, but the headache caused by having to defend your decision not to play him every week just isn't worth the effort for backup/gimmick player.

^^^^ yeah, this. ^^^^

Unless the are definately designing a package of plays he will run, forget it!'

Then again, just forget it!

I was just thinking Tebow because B. Smith never had skill at that position for the bills, he didn't have enough muscle. Tebow would be better for the position. But on the other hand EJ can run it too.

Brad Smith will likely be our 4th WR. And he's still a good special teams contributor. No reason to get rid of him unless we are really hurting for cap space. He fills in a few holes.

For all the disdain of Tebow around here, he's got one thing that we haven't had in 13 years....a playoff win.

The entire NFL is wrong and you're (along with the other Tebow supporters) right. :rolleyes: Heck, even the CFL Alouettes say he'd have to be a backup QB.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Brad Smith will likely be our 4th WR. And he's still a good special teams contributor. No reason to get rid of him unless we are really hurting for cap space. He fills in a few holes.

But now we have Marquise Goodwin on Special teams. But I like him as a WR.

Oh, BTW-Did y'all know that Goodwin was USA leading long jumper in the 2012 London Olympics?

It just keeps getting better and better for the Jests. I had read this before, but it's just nice to see it again when it is official. The Jets have to pay the Broncos back 1.5mil for money the Broncos advanced him. That's just awesome.

The Jets paid $1 million to trade Darrelle Revis. They’ve now paid $1.53 million to cut Tim Tebow.

As expected (and as MDS pointed out) no one made a waivers claim for the remnants of quarterback Tim Tebow’s rookie contract.

This lack of a waivers claim means that the Jets remain on the hook to pay back to the Broncos $1.53 million in salary that was advanced to Tebow in 2011.

And so one of the worst personnel moves in recent history gets even worse for the Jets. Woody Johnson will be contributing $1.53 million to Pat Bowlen’s bank account.

The entire NFL is wrong and you're (along with the other Tebow supporters) right. :rolleyes: Heck, even the CFL Alouettes say he'd have to be a backup QB.

I couldn't give a crap about Tebow, nor am I a supporter. I just don't understand the hate around here.

I couldn't give a crap about Tebow, nor am I a supporter. I just don't understand the hate around here.

Not that big of a mystery as he's a marginally talented NFL player who has garnered far too much attention given his little accomplishments. Much of the vitriol isn't Tebow's fault. Rather, it's the unreasonable legion of fans who fail to see his many limitations as an NFL QB. Couple that with the unwarranted hype from the media in general and ESPN in particular. It gets on the nerves of many people.

Not that difficult to understand why many resent Tebow. His time in the NFL spotlight is drawing to a close.

Ultimately, I think he has a greater calling outside of football and he'll be tremendously successful.

Really interesting piece on Tebow by Jason Cole.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jets--release-of-tim-tebow-could-be-blessing-in-disguise-of-qb-is-willing-to-take-stock-145252244.html

I didn't realize Tebow was dyslexic.

In the 2011 NFL playoffs, Tebow played one of the most memorable games in league history, beating the defending AFC champion Pittsburgh Steelers in seemingly miraculous fashion, passing for 316 yards and putting an exclamation mark on the moment. The blitzing, hyper-aggressive Steelers (who were playing with an inexperienced backup safety) played right into Tebow's greatest strength – the ability to look good in chaotic situations.

A week later, the Broncos played against the New England Patriots, a team that was almost comically bad on defense at the time. Instead, the Patriots made Tebow look like he needed to go back to Nease High in Jacksonville for remedial work. The Patriots played the simplest two-deep zone that you could imagine, refusing to blitz him until he broke the pocket. The result was a 9-of-26, 136-yard passing performance along with only 13 yards rushing on five carries.

This was the kind of game where even an average NFL quarterback would have thrown for 300 yards, as one AFC coach said a month later.

Granted, that quarterback still would have lost to the Patriots and Tom Brady, but that's not the point. This was yet another illustration that Tebow isn't ready to play conventional NFL football and he's not quick enough to play read-option all the time.

Tebow can't read defenses. He can't explain the differences between two-deep, three-deep and zero coverage, much less see them. He was never trained to do that at Florida by Urban Meyer (not that it was Meyer's responsibility to teach him; it was Meyer's responsibility to win).

Blame that reality on whatever you want. It could be the fact that Tebow is dyslexic. Coaches and players who were with him in Denver say that Tebow would get to the line and immediately lose track of the play call from the huddle in the jumble of what he was told and what he saw across the line.

It could be that he played in funky offenses in high school and college that didn't teach him. He was almost never under center at either level and his high school offense featured him lining up almost in punt formation on each play, giving him an unreal amount of time to read the defense.