We did not address the TE position

freester

If it is true that Nix passed on a 2nd trade down in the 1st , most likely it was SF. SF gave this deal to Dallas. We probably would have gotten an additional 6 or 7th as well for an earlier pick

We could have gotten our pick of QBs at best, or at worst we would have gotten our pick of QBs minus only one. Unless you believe Manuel was the only Franchise QB in the bunch, and Nix said he believed there were 2 or 3, we would have gotten one that he believed was a Franchise QB

By the end of the 3rd round we would have filled all our needs like this. With the 4-7 round picks left to fill OL, DL, S and CB with developmental and depth players if we wanted.

1st round QB #31

2nd round WR Woods # 41

2nd round LB Alonso # 46

3rd round WR Williams or Allen # 74

3rd round TE Jordan Reed #78

Honestly, I was hoping for the second tradedown as well, BUT I am not the GM of a football team whho desparately needs a franchise QB.

Obviously, the Bills did not ACTUALLY view the QB class as Buddy described it publicly. Or if they did, they still felt EJ was the best of them by far. I felt the same way as you, based on the Bills' public assessment of their feeling about the QB class.

So, had they traded to the end of the draft, they were inviting an easy trade-up from a number of teams and they just weren't willing to risk it.

I think that says a lot about how they felt about EJ vs the others. And judging from the way the other teams held their noses til the 3rd and 4th rounds, I am glad they played it safe and got THEIR guy.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a lot of holes on this roster and realistically outside of picks in the first 3 or 4 rounds we aren't going to be able fill holes with draft picks realistically. I thought TE and Guard were the needs largely ignored by Nix and company. Chandler and Urbik were pulled off the waiver wire. Maybe Nix feels like the can get guys off waivers or that are still on the market for cheap.

Have to think that TE just isn't high up on the list for Nix for whatever reason.

I'm thinking that the need for TEs changed somewhat after this draft. With the "potential" talent that we have at WR after this draft we no longer need a dynamic TE. We need TEs that can block and I think we already have them on the roster.

Edited by Mr. T

I'm thinking that the need for TEs changed somewhat after this draft. With the "potential" talent that we have at WR after this draft we no longer need a dynamic TE. We need TEs that can block and I think we already have them on the roster.

Marrone spoke about it in the post draft press conference. They like Gragg. They're going to experiment with lining him up all over, split wide, H Back, Fullback, etc. I suspect they will do the same with Dickerson. They don't know yet whether Chandler will be ready for the season or not.

I'm not sure if anyone realizes this or not but we have a couple tight ends on the roster and at least two H backs, who can line up on the line of scrimmage if necessary. The idea that tight end is an issue on our roster is ridiculous to me.