The rest of the draft

Well, at least they traded down and got a great extra 2nd round pick.

Now that the Bills disappointed me and reached in the first for 2nd round talent, how could they make me happier in the rest of the draft?

Round 2 ,1 Minter or Ertz # 41

Round 2 ,2 Big WR with great hands with # 46

Round 3 BPA from LB or TE, if not selected in 2nd

Round 4 Mathieu if still available in 4th, or OLine

Round 5,6 BPA at position of need

Round 7 Who cares, really not that much different than UDFAs

:cry:

Edited by simpleman

I know I'll get criticized here for this - BUT - there's a certain prospect I'm really hoping Buffalo is forward-thinking enough to take a shot on with their 7th round pick. Lawrence Okoye is his name. He's a British Olympic shot-put brute. The guy is like like 6' 5", 290 lbs, and all muscle. I know he had a try-out at the national try outs for the players who weren't in the combine, and he was told he had enough physical talent to try - more than enough. His problem is he's never played football, I think.

Sure, he'd be a project for a year or two, but this guy has the physical skill set to be a MONSTER as a 3-4 DE. Why not develop someone like that? Some team is going to give him a shot.

I guess if there's a player at our 7th pick who stands a legitimate chance of immediately making our roster, I could see the reason to pass on him. But, if we're just looking at camp fodder at that point, I would really like to get this guy on our practice squad.

I know I'll get criticized here for this - BUT - there's a certain prospect I'm really hoping Buffalo is forward-thinking enough to take a shot on with their 7th round pick. Lawrence Okoye is his name. He's a British Olympic shot-put brute. The guy is like like 6' 5", 290 lbs, and all muscle. I know he had a try-out at the national try outs for the players who weren't in the combine, and he was told he had enough physical talent to try - more than enough. His problem is he's never played football, I think.

Sure, he'd be a project for a year or two, but this guy has the physical skill set to be a MONSTER as a 3-4 DE. Why not develop someone like that? Some team is going to give him a shot.

I guess if there's a player at our 7th pick who stands a legitimate chance of immediately making our roster, I could see the reason to pass on him. But, if we're just looking at camp fodder at that point, I would really like to get this guy on our practice squad.

Shhh I LOVE this kids upside. Gawd I sound like Mayock.. Anyway, to me he might not be there in the 7th, so I could live with a 6th on him for sure! What's to teach, just tell him that the guy with the ball needs to go down. :)

I like Warford and Moore, but we need recieving help in the form of a big WR and an athletic TE.

Agree but I was thinking of safe picks. Woods I like, but depth at WR is good this year, Ertz in the 2nd I would not hate, nor a WR but we DO need a OG/C and currently a role playing 4/3 DE is a MUST have, IMO.

Kinda reminds me of Lief Larson.

I liked the development of that big fat athletic guy we had a couple of years ago. We tried him at G and DT I think. Real nice kid from some suck a$$ southern christian school

Mathieu would do nothing but smoke weed during his first winter in the B-lo. High risk. Worth it in the 4th however but I do not think he lasts. Not with the SF's of the world out there- SB roster....no risk in taking chances with huge upside. This kid could be a P.I.A. liability all season then make the SB-winning pick 6. Perfect for SF.

We would need him there every day and twice on Sunday. Don't think he's that mature yet.

Day 2-3 Picks? What do you think?

2a - Ta’o, ILB, Notre Dame (I think he canturn it around, just to much raw talent to pass on)

2b - Ertz, TE Stanford (Have not had a decent TE since Pete!)

3 - Williams, WR, Baylor (Don’t think Allen will be around at in Rd 3)

4 - CB Tyrann Mathieu (Take a Chance, Live on the Edge!, Plus it’s a need!)

5-7 BPA (Fill the Gaps & get some depth)

Find an OG, even if he will not start. I am not 100% confident Brandon Moore is the answer, but his asking price is going to plummet tonight. If I get a message saying we signed him tomorrow morning, I will jump through the ceiling.

We all know Dansby has a phone beside him and being that he was just in for a visit there is clearly mutual interest and that figures to mean he could add to our team.

Alright, so that is not solving in the draft but those two things need to happen. If they happen, or we at least think we have an edge on either player then we need to consider a CB here in round 2. I think we use one pick on a WR, depending on who is available I am not sure which. The third round we might just go for Kelce, even though it may be reaching. If we go CB/WR (getting both at some point in round 2) and then TE I think we can get good values.

That trade down is a great move.

Because of the trade down I am 95% sure that Justin Hunter, WR Ten, Keenan Allen WR UCLA, or Robert Woods WR USC will be a Buffalo Bill. Either at #41 or #46.

If they love one more than the other they'll take one at #41. Given Buddy's predilection for players from the South and Justin Hunter's superior size making him "uncovered when he is covered" I'd have my money on Hunter. Plus Hunter visited OBD. Which I believe happened with every 1st and 2nd round pick the last 3 years.

Attacking, Aggressive Defenders:

The second of the two early seconds will focus on defense imo.

If Cornellius Carradine falls to #41. Boom that is the pick . No Brainer. Dude is a beats and Probably first round talent.

Alex Okafor has great size and is pro ready. Love this kid. In Pettine's defense he can be a sack machine.

Now The weird thing leading up the draft is that the Bills focused on a Safety, a lot. A lot of interviews

But in the second it could be a reach:

If Shamrko Thomas from Syracuse is there in the 3rd, i think that is the pick. Wouldn't be completely shocked if they reach for him in the second with the luxury of a second a second.

Watch List for #46/#41

Arthur Brown, K-State

Kassem Greene Rutgers

Kevin Minter ILB LSU. Visited with One Bills Driver. Like Kelvin Shepperd? Now you have two.

Demontre Moore Texas A&M.

Now they can shock everyone and take another QB. If Geno Smith gets past the Eagles (I'd be shocked) and is there at #41 Maybe you take your second QB early.

If Ryan Nassib is there at #46 Maybe you take him there too.

Gonna be interesting.

Love the options.

I agree with the doubts about Mathieu having the needed commitment to play pro football, but with his talent how could you not take a big gamble in the 4th on him. A majority of 4th round picks never work out anyway. He has the talent, skills and tools, just not sure about his mental commitment to the game.

That trade down is a great move.

Because of the trade down I am 95% sure that Justin Hunter, WR Ten, Keenan Allen WR UCLA, or Robert Woods WR USC will be a Buffalo Bill. Either at #41 or #46.

Gonna be interesting.

Love the options.

Are you sure you want to give % predictions again, remember the last time?

Other than that, I agree it will be interesting.

I prefer Ertz at 41 and Hunter at 46

But they have so many needs, they really cannot go wrong

Could go TE, WR, S, CB, OL, LB

I think WR and ILB are too big of a need to pass up with the 2nd round picks. We have a TE