Reading the buffalo news articles today, and ...

LMAO you haven't watched enough of these guys to do jack.

Yeah sat right there there in the blowing snow and it is NOT tough to throw 20 yards in those conditions. Hell I have coached HS kids that can do it. Just tell the truth, you just want EJ Manual. You can't honestly validate him over anyone else other than YOU want him for the pick.

Every QB in this draft can make the throw you talk about.

Whatever. Let's hope the Bills follow your expert advice since you know best. Typical blowhard BS from you.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LMAO you haven't watched enough of these guys to do jack.

Yeah sat right there there in the blowing snow and it is NOT tough to throw 20 yards in those conditions. Hell I have coached HS kids that can do it. Just tell the truth, you just want EJ Manual. You can't honestly validate him over anyone else other than YOU want him for the pick.

Every QB in this draft can make the throw you talk about.

Here's the truth,: I do like Manuel but I am no expert, as nor are you! I have also coached high school football but that doesn't make me an expert. If they go with Barkley I will have no problem with it because I would assume they know more than I do. I responded back at you because you seem to enjoy mocking others comments like you are the guru of football knowledge. I think you have a big EGO and no one really cares to hear from people like that. We all have opinions and that's what being a fan is all about but you like to make personal attacks which made me want to put you in your place a little bit. nuff said!

Legend for what? He was an above average QB who got one shot at the Superbowl.

You listen to the media and because we aren't picking in the top 2 and because there aren't two QB's the Media is going ape over you don't want a QB.

Reality is you are like most and just take what the media says. As for as F QB? that is EXACTLY why the Bills suck, as that is what they have been doing with the position since Jan 1996. We go BPA or trade back and go BPA we wil be sitting at 5-7 wins again next year, and the next and the next until whomever is GM has to pull a Redskins and pony up 3 first rounders to get that name player you guys want. By then the BPA's will have chosen to go to winning teams in FA meaning we have to replace those guys.

And that means you will be back here saying take BPA, fill holes etc again.

Just finally address QB THEN fill in around him.

As per usual, you don't listen. I want a QB, just not at 8. FYI, Last year I wanted the Bills to pay the price to get up to the #2 pick to select RGIII.

But our Buddy did not advocate that.

The smart strategy IMO is to trade down as I stated earlier to pick up additional selections and take the QB later in the 1st round.

But you know it all and anyone else just listens to the media. You're the FN expert and the Bills should follow your prescribed course of action. Yeah Okay :lol:

Legend for what? He was an above average QB who got one shot at the Superbowl.

You listen to the media and because we aren't picking in the top 2 and because there aren't two QB's the Media is going ape over you don't want a QB.

Reality is you are like most and just take what the media says. As for as F QB? that is EXACTLY why the Bills suck, as that is what they have been doing with the position since Jan 1996. We go BPA or trade back and go BPA we wil be sitting at 5-7 wins again next year, and the next and the next until whomever is GM has to pull a Redskins and pony up 3 first rounders to get that name player you guys want. By then the BPA's will have chosen to go to winning teams in FA meaning we have to replace those guys.

And that means you will be back here saying take BPA, fill holes etc again.

Just finally address QB THEN fill in around him.

Calm the @%#* down! Your act is growing very weary.

LOL

I know, I have to apologise. I forgot on TBD that you are part of the lemmings or an outcast. Once you guys get on a roll with something, in this case buying the media BS about the QB class, there is no getting you off of it.

So I apologise I have upset the staus Quo

All I hear from you is Hee Haw!!!

post-1597-0-96888000-1366899602_thumb.jpg

I just don't see the point to using the #8 on any of these QBs. If next years draft class is shaping up to be better, why not just see what you have in Kolb, use this draft to fill other needs, and try again next year. None of these quarterbacks seem to offer anything more than Kolb does.

I can't help but conclude that they're taking a qb at 8. A lot was said, but this was the clincher:

'The importance of the position can't be understated. Get the right guy, and everyone in the organization feels better. Scouts look smarter. General managers are geniuses.

"I mean, when we're doing one, it's weighted. Because, if you don't have one, you know, that's it," [bills college scout Tom] Roth said. "In our minds, and I think in every scout's mind, it's weighted. It's got to be.

"I've been here 11 years. I've been through so many quarterbacks here. It sucks. You need one."'

http://www.buffalone...ills-drive-1082

This team is absolutely desparate for a qb. They are going to take one with their first pick.

Dave, this is not a bad thing. The example that I like to use is Matt Schuab. If the Bills could draft a qb who is, or can develop into someone as good as him, they would be MILES ahead of where they are now. He would have won them an extra game or 2, despite our other gaping holes such as linebacker. And btw, I am not trying to say that Schaub is an elite QB because he isn't. But he, unlike Fitz, Holcombe, Rob Johnson, and most of all Losman, is a legit starter in this league, and a player who can beat you. If the Bills could find a QB equal to Schaub at #8, it would be a steal.

And btw, I know that Schaub wasn't a #8. In fact, he was a 3rd round pick (#90). This means nothing to me. Bryce Paup was a 6th rounder. So was Brady. They obviously should have been taken in round 1 (yes, total hindsight). But do you see my point? The Bills can not, and will not be competitive without a real quarterback. Given the rule changes, it isn't possible. You and I go way back as posters. You know that I was dragged kicking and screaming into the above mentality. But it's tough to argue with.

P.S.: Schaub was arond before the rule changes, so he has taken more of a pounding than these kids are likely to receive. QBs such as him, and Chris Chandler would have been injured less under these conditions.

http://www.pro-footb.../C/ChanCh00.htm

Edited by Bill from NYC

Dave, this is not a bad thing. The example that I like to use is Matt Schuab. If the Bills could draft a qb who is, or can develop into someone as good as him, they would be MILES ahead of where they are now. He would have won them an extra game or 2, despite our other gaping holes such as linebacker. And btw, I am not trying to say that Schaub is an elite QB because he isn't. But he, unlike Fitz, Holcombe, Rob Johnson, and most of all Losman, is a legit starter in this league, and a player who can beat you. If the Bills could find a QB equal to Schaub at #8, it would be a steal.

And btw, I know that Schaub wasn't a #8. In fact, he was a 3rd round pick (#90). This means nothing to me. Bryce Paup was a 6th rounder. So was Brady. They obviously should have been taken in round 1 (yes, total hindsight). But do you see my point? The Bills can not, and will not be competitive without a real quarterback. Given the rule changes, it isn't possible. You and I go way back as posters. You know that I was dragged kicking and screaming into the above mentality. But it's tough to argue with.

P.S.: Schaub was arond before the rule changes, so he has taken more of a pounding than these kids are likely to receive. QBs such as him, and Chris Chandler would have been injured less under these conditions.

Bill: I am in complete agreement with you.

Great Post Bill. If we dont' go QB at #8 I really want to trade down. I am with Elway in the type of player you get at #28 you would have gotten at #10 and he is right. I pray Barkley is there at wherever we pick 2nd though.

Jaws is just as wrong about Geno Smith as he was about Losman.

shhhh, I found out its not good to bash the 'legend' on this board.

if they draft a QB at #8 and he turns into a Matt Ryan type guy, nobody is going to care that they (might) have been able to get him later.

Some of you act like the Bills totally control their destiny if they move down. They are not the only team in the NFL who wants a QB, and another team might love the same QB and take him high in the draft.

Who thought Locker and Ponder would go as high as they did? QBs often get drafted higher

Here's the truth,: I do like Manuel but I am no expert, as nor are you! I have also coached high school football but that doesn't make me an expert. If they go with Barkley I will have no problem with it because I would assume they know more than I do. I responded back at you because you seem to enjoy mocking others comments like you are the guru of football knowledge. I think you have a big EGO and no one really cares to hear from people like that. We all have opinions and that's what being a fan is all about but you like to make personal attacks which made me want to put you in your place a little bit. nuff said!

At this point, it would behoove the Bills to select EJ late in the first that is if they can trade down. He makes the most sense and would definitely have a longer career when compared to Nassib and Barkley. My thinking is that we need to get a QB that needs to sit and learn this season while learning from Kolb and Jackson. IMO, Kolb will start and thrive with the bills this season. He was throwing darts in camp weeks ago.

The bottom line is this: if there is a guy who they feel can be a franchise QB, they take him at 8. It doesn't matter that the pundits, experts, metrics, say that the guy is a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If he proves to be a franchise guy, it was the right move. If he doesn't, it wasn't. But lacking a crystal ball, you go with what you think. At this point I don't care what the name is, just that if they do take a QB at 8, he succeeds.

As per usual, you don't listen. I want a QB, just not at 8.

The smart strategy IMO is to trade down as I stated earlier to pick up additional selections and take the QB later in the 1st round.

Agree with this take 100%...

Trade down, maybe even twice...Get in the 20-25 area...Draft a QB there (I would like Manual...But any QB the Bills truly believe in)...Use the extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd you got to trade down to fill the holes at WR, TE, and CB...

That is the way you utilize a Draft that is deep in talent but short on elite prospects...You can't be scared of trading down, and you can't be afraid to take a little less in return even...You gain picks in the 2nd and 3rd round and trust your boards and scouts...It's the type of strategy that if you hit on a couple guys you can turn an entire Franchise around...And that is exactly what the Bills need... B-)

EJ has got the biggest upside out of all the QBs. His balls will rip through the strong winds in buffalo.

When I think of Barkley I think about his arm and how well it has healed. Keep in mind he did not have surgery on it. Makes you think if he may have a slight tear in his rotator cuff.

I think Florida States offense was poor mediocre at most and when your behind and offense like that as a qb your talents are hidden. Now. When you think about what he did at the pro bowl you put one and one together. He thrived big time.

Edited by JTO

Great Post Bill. If we dont' go QB at #8 I really want to trade down. I am with Elway in the type of player you get at #28 you would have gotten at #10 and he is right. I pray Barkley is there at wherever we pick 2nd though.

shhhh, I found out its not good to bash the 'legend' on this board.

Sarcasm is generally a weak weapon, as is snark. As it so happens, Jaworski was in fact a legendarily good high school athlete in Buffalo, and is in the Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame. When I was a kid in the 1970s, his high school record was pretty well known. This is not a statement about his later career nor a judgment of his prognostication abilities; it is a statement to the effect that he was quite well known in Buffalo.

I think we pick a QB at #8, and I hope we do. I don't think that the 8th best player in this draft is a QB, but at a certain point the void needs to be filled, and the dice need to be rolled just like they are on every Whitner and Maybin non-QB.

1) Is you absolute favorite QB who doesn't get picked in the top 7 going to be available at #41? With a trade down? With a trade back into the first?

While Geno could be gone and the lines pretty fine between Barkley/Nassib/Manuel, I think you don't risk it and get the guy you want most of that group.

2) Is the best QB available at #8 going to outperform Kolb in 2013?

If you don't think this is more than 50/50, you can consider waiting for the 2014 draft and going with Kolb for a year, but I think there is a guy available at #8 who can outperform Kolb by week 9 of this season.

3) Is the best QB available at #8 going to outperform the best QB available in the 8-15 range of the 2014 draft in 2014?

If you really think that this year's draft class is weak compared to next, and that a QB will be available when our pretty good team picks next year that as a rookie will outperform Barkley/Nassib/Manuel as a second year player, you could make a case for waiting and letting Kolb bridge to a stronger draft class. I think this is highly unlikely.

4) Do you need a week 1 starter?

No, with Kolb and TJax, you clearly can let the best performing veteran break camp and start the season, waiting for the right moment to insert your draft pick after a little more practice experience. This in many ways lessens the Nassib advantage of knowing the coaches and playbook. There is no way that through training camp plus six or eight regular season games on the bench Barkley doesn't close that gap completely given his football IQ. I think that makes Nassib's familiarity an advantage from a scouting perspective, but not from a jumping right in perspective, and pushes things towards Barkley. It also gives a little more room to consider Manuel who is considered a project, because if you have your QB of 2014+ but he isn't ready to beat Kolb until later in the year or even his second year, that is fine if the long term progress is correct and the talent is there.

All that said, I definitely hope to see a QB picked at #8, because that means that our scouting department thinks one of these guys is good enough. I read what others say and watch some highlights, but I don't really know in detail what our football guys do about any of these players, so I heavily trust their actual scouting and evaluations, while they can leave the big picture strategy to me :-).

The #1 think I want out of our QB is medium range accuracy, hitting receivers in stride 10-20 yards downfield. The #2 thing I want out of our QB is vision and decision making, which are crucial to make #1 valuable. Arm strength, running ability, size and toughness, downfield touch, are all secondary to these #1 and #2 in my eyes.

For me right now that puts Barkley as the top guy. I would still be very happy if Nassib/Smith/Manuel goes at #8 because that means that the coaching staff looked at all this stuff compared to Barkley, and decided that the other guy was better. But for now I am on the Barkley bandwagon, and hoping to hear a QB at #8. It wouldn't surprise me to see them try to get one with their second pick whether at #41 or trading up, and I could see Buddy going the Spiller route with Travon, but I think our QB void is too significant and that strategy risks missing the best signal caller for our team.