Who will be the best qb out of this class?

Rank your QBS   

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the best career?

With all of the indecisiveness with these prospects I thought it would be a fun exercise to see who knows what they are talking about. Vote above (yes it is a public poll - we will know who you are - don't be scared!) and go on record. Put it in stone. Who do you think will be the best qb out of the bunch? No false remembering this years class (I KNEW Wilson was going to be amazing - you know who you are). Put yourself out there! Stake your claim! Be a Man! (or woman cgf)

For all the people who speak with certainty on this topic, just be aware that you have no clue what you're talking about. People will be able to go back to this thread years from now and laugh at you. Just like all the people who posted stuff like, "Ha!!! Thank you Carolina! Cam Newton is obviously going to be a bust!!! LOL!!!" The bottom line is that NOBODY KNOWS. It is a complete and utter crap shoot. All that being said, I believe that Manuel and Bray have the biggest upside. I think that Barkley is the most pro-ready. I think Wilson is the toughest and best leader- perhaps the most Jim Kelly-esque. I do not want Ryan Nassib. But again, I have no idea. Any one of them will get me excited at this point. My gut: they take Geno Smith at 8.

For all the people who speak with certainty on this topic, just be aware that you have no clue what you're talking about. People will be able to go back to this thread years from now and laugh at you. Just like all the people who posted stuff like, "Ha!!! Thank you Carolina! Cam Newton is obviously going to be a bust!!! LOL!!!" The bottom line is that NOBODY KNOWS. It is a complete and utter crap shoot. All that being said, I believe that Manuel and Bray have the biggest upside. I think that Barkley is the most pro-ready. I think Wilson is the toughest and best leader- perhaps the most Jim Kelly-esque. I do not want Ryan Nassib. But again, I have no idea. Any one of them will get me excited at this point. My gut: they take Geno Smith at 8.

I agree but this thread is for exactly that. I'm sick of hearing nassib is for sure a bust or Barkley is a backup. Time to hold people accountable - it seems absolutely everyone knew Russell Wilson would be amazing. Time to find out who can sack up. Time to see who is actually right.

Ill cheer for whoever they pick I just think Barkley will end up being the best.

Are we going to look at this in 3 years? 5? 10?

I voted Manuel as he seems to be a leader and has the most natural talent.

But really, a HUGE key to a player's success is which team drafts him. Some coaches and systems will work better for different QBs, and the on-field supporting cast plays a big part, too.

So yeah I agree there's no way to say with any certainty how a guy's career will pan out before you even know what they're walking into.

Edited by uncle flap

For all the people who speak with certainty on this topic, just be aware that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Everyone hits and misses on players, no matter how much research you do. I can honestly say I've been right more than the Bills have been in the past decade, though.

Barkley is my reluctant choice in this poll. I doubt any of these QBs end up being a top 15 starter in the league.

Are we going to look at this in 3 years? 5? 10?

I voted Manuel as he seems to be a leader and has the most natural talent.

But really, a HUGE key to a player's success is which team drafts him. Some coaches and systems will work better for different QBs, and the on-field supporting cast plays a big part, too.

So yeah I agree there's no way to say with any certainty how a guy's career will pan out before you even know what they're walking into.

theres a lot of luck in the process.

every now and again you get a guy that would likely succeed in any situation (luck, P manning, etc...) but most guys need help and some good luck.

i see 4-5 guys that on the right roster, with the right coach, getting a few bounces early in their career and staying healthy could be VERY good. odds are out of 5 maybe 2 actually amount to anything. hopefully we have a GM that can pick 1 of the 5, and a coach that can help him reach his potential.

you put identical players on two teams and in one spot he has long term coaching stability, avoids injury, and the team is able to grow with him and he turns out great - you put the same guy on the jets and they have controversy all year, fire their coach at seasons end, etc... and he may never look that good.

Edited by NoSaint

Impossible question to answer. Who has the best supporting cast? Talent-wise, if any of them were better, there would be no debate and he would be picked #1 overall. I think with this class, more than ever, the team that drafts the QB will have more to do with his success than what he brings to the table.

Everyone on this board knows that I think highly of Mike Glennon and hope the Bills draft him as their future franchise QB. If anyone saw Gruden's QB Camp with Glennon and wasn't impressed with what you saw then I don't know what to tell you. Gruden said he threw the ball better than anyone he had in and was impressed by the fact that he had many questions. It shows that he want to be great. This is who I want.

I'm on board with the people here who've voiced the problems with such a question - you can't compare a rookie QB who happens to be starting for, say, the 49ers and one who is starting for, say, Jacksonville. It's simply not fair. On the other hand, I think a good QB is going to be decent (imagine Peyton Manning with the Jaguars - he certainly wouldn't put up the same numbers as in Denver, but he'd still be obviously a good QB) pretty much anywhere, its more a matter of to what extent they are successful. And, of course, the one situation that certainly can turn even a very good QB into a bad one is a terrible offensive line. If he's getting nailed a lot, little injuries will begin to add up, and he will get jumpy.

I was going to go on to list which QB's I think will pan out - but when I looked at the group, I see a chance for almost each of them to be successful, depending on the situation. So, I'll throw out which one I'd pick, which happens also to be the QB who I think is the best: Matt Barkley. I also really like Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones, and I think Nassib and Manuel will depend, along with Jones, on where they end up. Of the group I'd go Barkley as the best, though.

Everyone on this board knows that I think highly of Mike Glennon and hope the Bills draft him as their future franchise QB. If anyone saw Gruden's QB Camp with Glennon and wasn't impressed with what you saw then I don't know what to tell you. Gruden said he threw the ball better than anyone he had in and was impressed by the fact that he had many questions. It shows that he want to be great. This is who I want.

Glennon says all the right things. I think he knows all the right things. And then on the field he stares down receivers and tries to make stupid throw after stupid throw. He drives me nuts.

Hopefully the one we draft...

Oh yea :thumbsup:

the things is, everything depends on how these young players are developed,and if the offense they are placed in suits them.

My favorite in this draft is Tyler Bray. But again it all depends what team drafts him and if he has time to sit, learn, mature, and develop properly

From weighing the opinions of commentators I respect like Pat Kirwan, Gil Brandt and Phil Simms, I am seeing a trend toward Nassib, Glennon and Wilson. It seems Nassib is a natural leader and a decent thrower if not great. Glennon is the best arm with suspect decision making and Wilson is the best overall prospect but far from mature and ready. I have no earthly idea at this point, but that Manuel is probably not well suited for Buffalo and we don't have luxury of time to develop Wilson. If you buy into the opinion that a Buffalo QB needs a strong arm, then Glennon is probably the choice. Otherwise, either Geno or Barkley are ready and Nassib is the pick if Marrone believes in him.

God bless whoever gets the nod. I wish them only the best.

Oh yea :thumbsup:

the things is, everything depends on how these young players are developed,and if the offense they are placed in suits them.

My favorite in this draft is Tyler Bray. But again it all depends what team drafts him and if he has time to sit, learn, mature, and develop properly

The funny thing is that although I like Barkley the best, there is no argument as to which QB has the most physical talent - Bray. Of course, the question is - as it was with Mallett - will he be mature enough, and dedicated enough, to maximize his physcial skillset? The irony of this draft is that the best QB, in 5 years, might come out of the 3rd or 4th round, and be the 6th or 7th QB taken! He and Landry Jones have the best throwing arms in the draft, IMO.

This is why, although I like Barkley, I'm going to be okay with whatever direction the Bills go in come draft day. I'd seriously be able to get excited with any of these guys as a prospect to compete for the starting role - especially if most of them are taken after the first round, because we could always take another guy next year or after if he doesn't pan out - Barkley, Geno Smith, Nassib, Wilson, Manuel, Landry Jones, Matt Scott, Mike Glennon, or Tyler Bray. I may be missing something, but each of these guys has a few qualities that would enable them, under the right situation, to be successful NFL QB's.