Somebody wrote we have the worst QB situation in the league.

There are several teams that have quarterback issues. Including Arizona, the Jets, Philadelphia, the Dolphins, Jacksonville, and some others. We are far from in a place of panic. Kolb was, in my opinion, a great signing. I think Kolb, when healthy, is a really good quarterback. A couple years ago people were drooling over the guy. He was traded for a 2nd round pick AND Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, and the Cards signed him to a 63 million dollar deal. People praised that deal. Then the put a box of marshmallow fluff in front of him, called it an Offensive Line, and he kept getting hurt. When he was healthy, Arizona was 4-0 and the talk of the league.

Don't know much about Travaris, but I think Kolb will be good. I don't even know if a rookie can beat him out.

Therefore, I believe that the Bills should not panic and use a top 10 pick on a quarterback. I hope they trade down a bit and stock up on some talent.

I think that the only reason it isn't "panic" mode because it is just the same song and dance we have been going through for years reguarding the QB situation. We have a couple serviceable backups, and that makes it ok to not take a leap of faith or take a risk. I am not saying that this is the year to take that risk, but there are some decent prospects, and taking one of them at 8 wouldn't be the worst decision they have made with a first round pick in recent years.

When they got Kolb everyone just assumed they did so because they didn't feel there was a QB in the draft worthy of a top 10 pick. Now the consensus is they are back to drafting a QB at 8? That makes no sense. If they are dead set on getting Nassib then just trade down and get 2 picks for the price of 1. Worst case someone trades their whole draft to jump ahead of you to grab Nassib at the end of the 1st and you can still get Barkley or Manuel. Either way you look at it, if they don't trade down then they are stupid. The Kolb signing gives them the flexibility to do so imo

Edited by kdiggz

When they got Kolb everyone just assumed they did so because they didn't feel there was a QB in the draft worthy of a top 10 pick. Now the consensus is they are back to drafting a QB at 8? That makes no sense. If they are dead set on getting Nassib then just trade down and get 2 picks for the price of 1.

They signed Kolb as an insurance policy, just like they traded tavaris for insurance policy. They didn't sign kolb to be a long term answer, at least I hope they didn't. and it has become obvious they want to trade down, and are going to make a play to trade down, but that is easier said than done. The draft has to play out the right way, the right players need to fall to us, and the right teams have to want those players bad enough to be willing to give up the right stuff that would be worth it. It isn't like they can decide now they they are going to trade down no matter what. For all they know, when their pick comes up, there isn't a single team even considering trading up at that point or they already traded with someone ahead of us.

saying "just trade down" makes it sound like a piece of cake, and it isn't

They signed Kolb as an insurance policy, just like they traded tavaris for insurance policy. They didn't sign kolb to be a long term answer, at least I hope they didn't. and it has become obvious they want to trade down, and are going to make a play to trade down, but that is easier said than done. The draft has to play out the right way, the right players need to fall to us, and the right teams have to want those players bad enough to be willing to give up the right stuff that would be worth it. It isn't like they can decide now they they are going to trade down no matter what. For all they know, when their pick comes up, there isn't a single team even considering trading up at that point or they already traded with someone ahead of us.

saying "just trade down" makes it sound like a piece of cake, and it isn't

Granted, things need to fall in place and you have to have suitors. But I say TRADE DOWN (assuming we have the opportunity) because I know Nix's history of "let's just take the best player available" and you can see where that has gotten us

There are several teams that have quarterback issues. Including Arizona, the Jets, Philadelphia, the Dolphins, Jacksonville, and some others. We are far from in a place of panic. Kolb was, in my opinion, a great signing. I think Kolb, when healthy, is a really good quarterback. A couple years ago people were drooling over the guy. He was traded for a 2nd round pick AND Dominique Rogers-Cromartie, and the Cards signed him to a 63 million dollar deal. People praised that deal. Then the put a box of marshmallow fluff in front of him, called it an Offensive Line, and he kept getting hurt. When he was healthy, Arizona was 4-0 and the talk of the league.

Don't know much about Travaris, but I think Kolb will be good. I don't even know if a rookie can beat him out.

Therefore, I believe that the Bills should not panic and use a top 10 pick on a quarterback. I hope they trade down a bit and stock up on some talent.

Someone on this board wrote it or someone in the media wrote it?

Or was it something you saw written on a wall somewhere?

What exactly are we responding to here?

Someone on this board wrote it or someone in the media wrote it?

Or was it something you saw written on a wall somewhere?

What exactly are we responding to here?

One of the talking heads on the NFL Network said it last night....they were speculating as to whether the Bills biggest need was a WR, to which talking head interjected, "the Bills may have the worst QB and WR situation in the league...they need both...but they should go QB." Or something along those lines.

Edited by Buftex

I think I heard it on the NFL Network, or maybe Trey Wingo or somebody. I was a little aggravated to hear that we have the worst qb situation in the league. I don't have the time to dig out the source, but if you are skeptical, that's okay. I'm not making it up.

It seems that the pundits all believe we MUST take Nassib at 8 or our team will fold like a deck chair.

My theory is that Kolb was a great signing, and Nix will take the best available player that fits our needs. I don't think that Nassib is that guy at #8.

I think I heard it on the NFL Network, or maybe Trey Wingo or somebody. I was a little aggravated to hear that we have the worst qb situation in the league. I don't have the time to dig out the source, but if you are skeptical, that's okay. I'm not making it up.

I'm not skeptical. I just didn't understand what you were reacting to because you never characterized who wrote what.

Worst QB situation?

That's a good discussion.

Who gives a crap who said it? It was on national tv or on espn or something. I don't have time nor interest in writing down the source. Whether or not I can quote the source does not change the consensus that we are desperate to draft a QB. I don't think we are.

However, because of Marrone being the former coach of Nassib, this will be his only chance to draft his former quarterback. That gives the impression that they will draft him #8. If they are truly looking for a quarterback to take over, they don't necessarily have to have Nassib. Lots of people think that Smith, Wilson, Manuel, the USC guy, and a couple others may pan out. Somebody with talent will be there in the 2nd. Take somebody who can make an immediate difference in the first.

I vote for that.

When they got Kolb everyone just assumed they did so because they didn't feel there was a QB in the draft worthy of a top 10 pick. Now the consensus is they are back to drafting a QB at 8? That makes no sense. If they are dead set on getting Nassib then just trade down and get 2 picks for the price of 1. Worst case someone trades their whole draft to jump ahead of you to grab Nassib at the end of the 1st and you can still get Barkley or Manuel. Either way you look at it, if they don't trade down then they are stupid. The Kolb signing gives them the flexibility to do so imo

I don't know how one can get Barkley or Manuel in the 2nd round...There is Kansas City, Jacksonville, Oakland, Philadelphia, Arizona, Jets and Cleveland in front of us in the 2nd round (We only pick 41st)...If one of those teams jump and get Geno or Nassib, I don't know how Barkley will get past any of those teams (especially KC which will run a WC offense)