Freedom in America

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

There aren't ANY exceptions, I don't care who you're looking for.

How do you know this was not an "unreasonable" search? How do you know that they didn't have a warrant to search the house? How the hell do we know you're not a troll?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know this was not an "unreasonable" search? How do you know that they didn't have a warrant to search the house? How the hell do we know you're not a troll?

BFBF--not reading the whole thread again and completly misunderstanding things.

Unbelievable video. Thanks for posting. I'm still trying to get over the fact that they blew up the house and bulldozed the charred remains while singing chorus after chorus of Deutchland, Deutchland über alles. And what were the books they were tossing into the flames? And the folks they led away... they put them on a train. The train cars had no windows. Where was that train going?

Unbelievable video. Thanks for posting. I'm still trying to get over the fact that they blew up the house and bulldozed the charred remains while singing chorus after chorus of Deutchland, Deutchland über alles. And what were the books they were tossing into the flames? And the folks they led away... they put them on a train. The train cars had no windows. Where was that train going?

North Dakota.

Wow, you are hilarious....you should be working for Letterman! I mean you're witty, clever.....wait a minute....NO, you're NOT. I know you're just trying to be funny, but you FAILED miserably.

Government jack-booted thugs trampling on one of our most cherished rights is no joking matter. I seriously doubt that you'd be taking it so lightly if it was your lame a$$ facing the barrels of loaded AR-15s, and being screamed at to "keep your hands on your head", as you were run out of your house.

Wow, you are hilarious....you should be working for Letterman! I mean you're witty, clever.....wait a minute....NO, you're NOT. I know you're just trying to be funny, but you FAILED miserably.

Government jack-booted thugs trampling on one of our most cherished rights is no joking matter. I seriously doubt that you'd be taking it so lightly if it was your lame a$$ facing the barrels of loaded AR-15s, and being screamed at to "keep your hands on your head", as you were run out of your house.

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me it was very funny.

I also can't speak for anyone else regarding the "thugs" you mention, but I would expect them to be on edge and I would give them no reason to misunderstand any of my intentions. In other words I would cooperate fully while they carried out the very difficult task that they were given. I know you don't see it this way, but, those "thugs" (really unnecessary choice of words on your part IMO) were protecting your most cherished rights, not trampling on them.

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me it was very funny.

I also can't speak for anyone else regarding the "thugs" you mention, but I would expect them to be on edge and I would give them no reason to misunderstand any of my intentions. In other words I would cooperate fully while they carried out the very difficult task that they were given. I know you don't see it this way, but, those "thugs" (really unnecessary choice of words on your part IMO) were protecting your most cherished rights, not trampling on them.

Well put...for a moderator :P

Edited by BringBackFergy

Question: Why was it necessary to check random innocent citizens' IDs when the cops knew exactly what the suspects they were looking for looked like?

Answer: It was an active investigation with no way of knowing whether the two were part of a larger group or had other conspirators.

Dumbass.

Good story about the 4th amendment being trashed. Click on the link below:

http://www.dailymail...s-GUNPOINT.html

FTA: "A startling home-made video now shows the terrifying moments where Watertown residents were forced out of their homes at gunpoint as SWAT teams performed door-to-door searches as they hunted the second marathon bomber. While millions of Bostonians waited in their houses on Friday during the city-wide lockdown, the people of Watertown were faced with SWAT officers yelling at them to get out of the buildings immediately. At the time, the Boston police department and federal agents were barely criticized, but now many are concerned about the dangerous precedent that could lead to more police searches using the rationale of ‘exigent circumstances’ as an excuse."

Be sure to read the comments at the bottom of the story. Here's a sample: "Why are we calling the city 'Boston Brave' in the wake of this mess? A lone, 19-year-old kid brings the entire city infrastructure to its knees, whilst the citizens cower behind locked doors with no way of protecting themselves (it's an 'anti-gun' city, you see), and police swooping into homes with neither warning nor warrants. 'Boston Brave,' indeed. The bombing victims deserve better than that. CERTAINLY we can do better than that."

Answer: It was an active investigation with no way of knowing whether the two were part of a larger group or had other conspirators. Dumbass.

Keep the name-calling coming. I promise you, it makes you look intelligent and mature. lol

OK, seriously...

The kid has a point (though an exceedingly narrow one), and it should have been made 11 1/2 years ago, long before the law was settled, but since he's failing miserably because he's addressing the wrong issues, I'll do it for him.

The Government does not care about your rights, nor has it for quite some time; government agencies, particularly under the last two administrations, view citizen rights as an impediment to their work and mission. The Constitution is an inconvenience to be ignored (actively interpreted?).

I was a bit frustrated throughout the endlessly repeating coverage on Friday, that not one of the major networks chose to at least fill some time with any meaningful discussion of the Fourth Amendment problems raised by the house-to-house searches. Agree with the searches or not, these are the kind of Constitutional issues that deserve some debate. And maybe we'll get some later, but not in a way that might meaningfully address what happened.

Even more frustrating were the widely media accepted "special powers" granted to law enforcement, granting powers over an American citizen. It's worth remembering that Jose Padilla was a US citizen arrested on US soil, labeled an enemy combatant, held for 3.5 years without charges, and abused to the point of mental illness before he was eventually charged in civilian court (largely to avoid an impending USSC hearing on the matter, which is well documented and uncontested) and sentenced to 17 years in prison for crimes other than those he was originally arrested for. These aren't powers that I'm sure I want the government to hold.

These things are worth discussing, as much as JiJ is worth discarding.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Keep the name-calling coming. I promise you, it makes you look intelligent and mature. lol

Do you deny that's a valid answer to your (stutarded) question, "Why was it necessary to check random innocent citizens' IDs when the cops knew exactly what the suspects they were looking for looked like?"

Gotta hand it to you, John in Jax. You've done the one thing few are able to do here; get everyone from all political stripes to adamantly agree on something.

Great concept.

His idiocy unites us all. One of those rare moments on PPP when we unite until the next article where we are at each others throats again :lol:

Good story about the 4th amendment being trashed. Click on the link below:

http://www.dailymail...s-GUNPOINT.html

FTA: "A startling home-made video now shows the terrifying moments where Watertown residents were forced out of their homes at gunpoint as SWAT teams performed door-to-door searches as they hunted the second marathon bomber. While millions of Bostonians waited in their houses on Friday during the city-wide lockdown, the people of Watertown were faced with SWAT officers yelling at them to get out of the buildings immediately. At the time, the Boston police department and federal agents were barely criticized, but now many are concerned about the dangerous precedent that could lead to more police searches using the rationale of ‘exigent circumstances’ as an excuse."

Be sure to read the comments at the bottom of the story. Here's a sample: "Why are we calling the city 'Boston Brave' in the wake of this mess? A lone, 19-year-old kid brings the entire city infrastructure to its knees, whilst the citizens cower behind locked doors with no way of protecting themselves (it's an 'anti-gun' city, you see), and police swooping into homes with neither warning nor warrants. 'Boston Brave,' indeed. The bombing victims deserve better than that. CERTAINLY we can do better than that."

[/size]

Boldcap - WCIP has a greater handle on reality (and that's not saying much) :nana:

OK, seriously...

The kid has a point (though an exceedingly narrow one), and it should have been made 11 1/2 years ago, long before the law was settled, but since he's failing miserably because he's addressing the wrong issues, I'll do it for him.

The Government does not care about your rights, nor has it for quite some time; government agencies, particularly under the last two administrations, view citizen rights as an impediment to their work and mission. The Constitution is an inconvenience to be ignored (actively interpreted?).

I was a bit frustrated throughout the endlessly repeating coverage on Friday, that not one of the major networks chose to at least fill some time with any meaningful discussion of the Fourth Amendment problems raised by the house-to-house searches. Agree with the searches or not, these are the kind of Constitutional issues that deserve some debate. And maybe we'll get some later, but not in a way that might meaningfully address what happened.

Even more frustrating were the widely media accepted "special powers" granted to law enforcement, granting powers over an American citizen. It's worth remembering that Jose Padilla was a US citizen arrested on US soil, labeled an enemy combatant, held for 3.5 years without charges, and abused to the point of mental illness before he was eventually charged in civilian court (largely to avoid an impending USSC hearing on the matter, which is well documented and uncontested) and sentenced to 17 years in prison for crimes other than those he was originally arrested for. These aren't powers that I'm sure I want the government to hold.

These things are worth discussing, as much as JiJ is worth discarding.

Glad that there's at least one person on this forum who realizes that what happened last Friday in Boston was clearly a gross abuse of gov't power. The notion that no one else in here really cares is quite scary.

OTOH, the cheap shot at he end was totally uncalled for, so I must say in reply, please go sodomize yourself with a broom handle. ;-)