As guys on ESPN or NFLN discuss the pick and highlights are shown:

"At least they're not calling it a reach."

"The guy looks pretty good."

After hearing the GM talk about the pick:

"This guy is really going to be a player."

"Makes sense they'd take him in the first."

It's a goddamn sickness. :lol:

This.

I'll be at the Ralph for the pick. I'm pathetic. My wife thinks this is the behavior of a teenager. I fail to see her point. Can't wait to Thursday!!!

When you are a Bills fan, the draft is the pinnacle of the season.

Sad but true. Eternal optimism reigns, then the fun of finding the hidden Gem UDFA's, hoping we struck gold somewhere, the hype lasts into the summer, then I lie to myself and say "preseason doesn't count." They look bad but they're playing vanilla, not letting anyone see the scheme that will blow away our opponents in week 1. Then we lose week one and think, maybe we can pull it together. By week three anger sets in, week six sickness, week ten apathy, weeks 11-16 melancholy followed with finding what other teams may be worth rooting for so I can enjoy some football and then the cycle repeats 13x.

By chance, my wife has a business trip scheduled for this week. She leaves Wednesday and returns Saturday night. Now that's what I call good planning.

you should marry her.

Recall getting Glenn in the second. And i still can see Gilmores face.

All i could think was him thinking, WTF The Bills ?? seriously ? good thing i got my degree.

lol but thats what i thought at the moment.

Add me to that list too.

I am definitely looking forward to Thursday night but it isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. Basically an entire Saturday spent with your football buddies watching it all unfold while grilling, drinking, and over analyzing everything. The one round prime time on Thursday just doesn't work as well.

+1 more. Me and a bunch of old friends would get together draft weekend, stock up on booze and food on Friday, and not leave the house til Monday-and we did this 1989-2005 or so. We would stock up on Boston Globe draft issue, Kipers guide, and any other draft guides we could find. Football is not what is used to be

people who say "and then let's draft Johny Football next year" are the same people who said "and then let's draft Matt Barkley" a year ago...

Not this people. I know that this year the QB options are considered to be rather...meh... Last years was amazing, and the Colts were prepared to suck to get what they wanted. Now they are set for a decade. We've had crap QBs since Jim Kelly, and have to keep drafting more. It's time to stop settling for mediocre at this sports most important position. Next years QB class is supposed to be much better than this years'.

The draft is my Christmas. I get the same feeling in my gut like I did when I was a kid the week before Christmas. I have my draft guide, magazines and news papers. I settle in with my notebook and all the mock drafts. My wife and kids know not to bother me. It is the one time of the year that I am selfish. I totally enjoy the process. Unfortunately, the recent Bills drafts remind me of the feeling you got when you opened a gift hoping for a cool toy only to get a ugly sweater. I hope this year they will break form and make it a great draft for the fans.

+1 more. Me and a bunch of old friends would get together draft weekend, stock up on booze and food on Friday, and not leave the house til Monday-and we did this 1989-2005 or so. We would stock up on Boston Globe draft issue, Kipers guide, and any other draft guides we could find. Football is not what is used to be

This ^^^

The weekend Draft was great!!! This Prime Time Schedule ruined it for me and my buddies a bit...Don't get me wrong...Still love watching the Draft...But before, especially Draft Saturday...It was always an event for my die-hard friends and I...Now...Get together for the first night when everyone has to work in the morning? Whatever...They killed it... ;)

They should go back to the Saturday and Sunday draft format. I loved sitting around all day Saturday and drinking beer, eating chili, and making a day of it.

I still like the draft, but I typically only watch the 1st round now- and Thursday ngiht is annoying.