QB's in the draft

NastyMan

With a lot of mock drafts on NFL.com now day's have the Bills taking G. Smith QB, my question is would you be O.K. with the Bills taking him first and R. Nassib in the third round if he is there? Kind of like the Redskins did last year to have a real QB competition this summer even though we have so many other needs to address. Or would you rather us take C. Warmack in the first and a QB in the second and third since none of the QB's this year really deserve a first round pick and if we did pick one in the first round we would be reaching IMO. Thoughts.....

- Barkley has enough arm to flourish in a West Coast OFF.

- Smith will be drafted before the 8th pick by the Eagles.

- Nassib ran the New Orleans style OFF. @ Syracuse.

Above all, The QB talent in the first round is superior to Fitzpatrick's arm strength. In Bills country there is no comparing 2012 to 2013 passers;infact, I have no doubt Nix will take Nassib or Barkley he don't trade down for extra picks.

Im tipping Barkley at 8, Nix likes him and said that he thinks theres 3 franchise QB in the draft. I like idea of trading down but if it doesnt happen you need to take him at 8 . Nassib, Smith and Barkley arent making it to 41.

Geno Smith is not a consideration for the Bills in any round. It would be a wasted pick.

Barkely has no track record at any level, either living in or playing in, cold, windy, snowy, sloppy weather. Also, the last two qbs that Lane Kiffen produced were Matt Leinart and John David Booty. His latest product "regressed" from his junior season to his senior season. Something to consider.

The last three California QBs the Bills started... Johnson, Losman, and Edwards went badly. Caveat emptor.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

With a lot of mock drafts on NFL.com now day's have the Bills taking G. Smith QB, my question is would you be O.K. with the Bills taking him first and R. Nassib in the third round if he is there? Kind of like the Redskins did last year to have a real QB competition this summer even though we have so many other needs to address. Or would you rather us take C. Warmack in the first and a QB in the second and third since none of the QB's this year really deserve a first round pick and if we did pick one in the first round we would be reaching IMO. Thoughts.....

If we snag Geno there is no need for a Nassib for sure. Trooth's "wasted pick" comment in regards to Geno is ridiculous IMO.

Take the 3rd round talent Nassib blinders off..........There are real qb's in this draft.

Geno Smith is not a consideration for the Bills in any round. It would be a wasted pick.

Barkely has no track record at any level, either living in or playing in, cold, windy, snowy, sloppy weather. Also, the last two qbs that Lane Kiffen produced were Matt Leinart and John David Booty. His latest product "regressed" from his junior season to his senior season. Something to consider.

The last three California QBs the Bills started... Johnson, Losman, and Edwards went badly. Caveat emptor.

Glad it was you that made this post. It's no surprise.

I wouldn't do that in back to back rounds. Especially when you look at it things from the angle that, we basically drafted our backup QB this year in trading away the pick for TJax.

I fore one would love to draft Barkley in the first and then in the 5th someone like Sorensen.

Moreover, I would like Buffalo to take Indy's approach to this year draft.

They took Luck followed by Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Ballard, a DT, then Brazill... They basically focused their entire drat around getting weapons for Luck.

If Buffalo does take a QB at #8, they need to follow suit and get as many weapons for the kid as possible. Do not Sam Bradford the kid and leave him on an island with subpar talent to try and work with.

Interesting idea. Most would agree that QB is still a position of dire need. Two shots on net may be the way to go. Lets face it, anybody selected after round 2 is not likely to see major playing time and could even be in danger of not making the team. What if someone like Bray is there in the 4th and the Bills had a decent grade on him?

Not a big gamble for the potential payoff.

What happened to the talk of EJ Manuel. I just watched Barkley,Nasib and Manuel and Manuel looks exciting and has a huge arm. Nasib and Barkley look like Fitz with maybe a little better arms. I hope we draft Manuel at some point.

The Bills have too many needs to go QB 2 times early. HOWEVER - if a guy like Landry Jones is sitting there in the 4th or 5th round, and the Bills have already addressed QB, WR, LB, and TE/G - don't be surprised if they trade up or just use their 5th rounder on Jones. He really has a ton of potential, and a lot of good tape - that type of move would be well worth the risk; and the loss of talent in that round should be able to be addressed in UDFA or FA - I mean, if they were to pass on a G or another WR in the 5th round, in favor of Landry Jones, they should still be able to get a comparable prospect in RD 6 or UDFA, or FA. So, it only happens if a good prospect falls far.

If we snag Geno there is no need for a Nassib for sure. Trooth's "wasted pick" comment in regards to Geno is ridiculous IMO.

Take the 3rd round talent Nassib blinders off..........There are real qb's in this draft.

Whatever. Marrone's defense went 3-0 vs. Geno. If Marrone has his number, so do a lot of coaches.

to ozmandius and dr nassib..........heres a link to waltermockdraft............Geno off the board at #4 Nassib off the board at #33.....

this seems to be the trend in "expert mocks" FWIW. We can all be friends after the draft as i will embrace Nassib if need be....... but personally i think he's a donk after watching senior bowl and other limited clips..........i see why some like him as he seems very decent in short to midrange game..........but IMO Barkley is sharper at that same aspect.

http://walterfootbal...draft2013_2.php

This has EJ Manuel to Buff at #8 (he is going to NY for draft FWIW, lil smoke and fire there).........#41 Robert Woods USC (deandre hopkins off board to packers at #26)

like another poster said.........EJ has much bigger arm than Barkley and Nassib FWIW. I am fine with this outcome as well.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'd be good with anyone of these guys, in order.

Nassib

Manuel

Barkley

I use to have Manuel first, but I was so impressed with Nassib on Gruden's QB Camp, I moved him to fist. Nassib is the biggest risk for Marrone. If Nassib fails Marrone should have known better.

I'm intrigued by Manuel. Isn't the guy with the greatest upside what you want?

If Barkley had come out a year ago most people would have been screaming for him.

I'd be good with anyone of these guys, in order.

Nassib

Manuel

Barkley

I use to have Manuel first, but I was so impressed with Nassib on Gruden's QB Camp, I moved him to fist. Nassib is the biggest risk for Marrone. If Nassib fails Marrone should have known better.

I'm intrigued by Manuel. Isn't the guy with the greatest upside what you want?

If Barkley had come out a year ago most people would have been screaming for him.

Totally agree with you about Nassib and the reverse is true, too. If the Bills don't take him and he becomes a superstar - Marrone should have known better.

Kiffin had absolutely nothing to do with Leinart, booty, or Sanchez. All three of them played under PETE CARROLL.