Kiper's three round mock

ny33

When was the last time a guard was taken in the top ten?

Chris Naeole went to the Saints at No. 10 overall in 1997...but that is only the last time if you don't count 2001, when Arizona picked Leonard Davis #2 overall. Davis was a tackle at Texas, but started at guard as a rookie and stayed there throughout most of his NFL career.

Edited by thebandit27

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1983 - Bruce Matthews was drafted # 9. The time before that was the year before that, Mike Munchak at #8. Same team, same result, HOF career. I'd be happy if Warmack ended up here and had a similar career. Better than taking a flier on Ziggy.

That's right.

They played on those Houston teams which couldn't beat the Bills.

Dear Mel Kiper, you are an idiot and if you were worth a damn you would be making multi millions for an NFL Team.

That said, there is no way in hell Nassib is there at #71. He will be gone in the first

Kelly, if you were actually smarter than Kiper, you'd be making multi millions working for the media.

Kiper is correct on about half of his predictions of the first half of the first round. His success rate falls precipitously after that.

This doesn't sound great but predicting what 32 GMs will do is difficult and most media draft gurus are right even more infrequently than Kipe.

Could set us back a decade.

How long did Whitner set us back for? He cost 30 million in real dollars and cap room, and never won us a game. How about Mike Williams? Because of taking him over McKinnie, the Bills had to wait for Jason Peters for a good LT. Maybin? You see my point....any bad early draft choice cripples a team.

Personally, if they have to miss I would rather miss on a quarterback.

How long did Whitner set us back for? He cost 30 million in real dollars and cap room, and never won us a game. How about Mike Williams? Because of taking him over McKinnie, the Bills had to wait for Jason Peters for a good LT. Maybin? You see my point....any bad early draft choice cripples a team.

Personally, if they have to miss I would rather miss on a quarterback.

I know you hate Whitner, but he did in fact make a terrific possession-ending (and therefore game-ending) pass defense play on 4th and 1 at midfield with two minutes to go in this game: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200710210buf.htm . The Ravens were down by five. The pass was to Musa Smith in the right flat, and Whitner was all over it.

I know you hate Whitner, but he did in fact make a terrific possession-ending (and therefore game-ending) pass defense play on 4th and 1 at midfield with two minutes to go in this game: http://www.pro-footb...00710210buf.htm . The Ravens were down by five. The pass was to Musa Smith in the right flat, and Whitner was all over it.

Sure, I'll happily concede this.But again, he cost 30 million dollars. I'll leave it to you to tell us if drafting him was a smart move. Also, I cannot stress enough that when rating a draft, it's not just about getting a "good" player. It's about how he helps your team win, and the players that you passed on.

Sure, I'll happily concede this.But again, he cost 30 million dollars. I'll leave it to you to tell us if drafting him was a smart move. Also, I cannot stress enough that when rating a draft, it's not just about getting a "good" player. It's about how he helps your team win, and the players that you passed on.

I don't disagree.

That's right.

They played on those Houston teams which couldn't beat the Bills.

Bills were 9-6 vs Houston/Tenn. during the Matthews years which includes 2-1 in playoffs. I'm really arguing that Matthews/Munchak were great players?

What have you done with Mike from Syracuse and how dare you steal his avatar?!?!?!?

Hahaha, don't worry. I'm sure Mike from Syracuse is perfectly safe.

I don't post often so you haven't seen me much in here, but I've had this avatar for a while. I went to SU, so I've got to show my school some love. Plus it seems pretty appropriate as the Bills become more and more like Syracuse West :thumbsup:

Bills were 9-6 vs Houston/Tenn. during the Matthews years which includes 2-1 in playoffs. I'm really arguing that Matthews/Munchak were great players?

No, but they didn't win any championships with 2 great guards! Thanks for reinforcing that great guards aren't the key to championships! This guard talk, for a team that has gone 20 years without a good qb, has to be trolling, because it would be the dumbest pick ever.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro