Kiper's three round mock

ny33

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really are so few though. People should forget about using Russell Wilson as an example, it was a total fluke of a player that is likely to never happen again. Kaepernick is the only example in the last few years of a 2-3 rounder who is really a serious potential franchise guy.

And the one QB in this draft that has the skill set these two guys have is? EJ Manuel.

Ideally, the BIlls trade back and get him, and another pick in the late first or any in the second round, but I would not be upset if they took him with the 8th pick.

so far Kiper has the most reasonable draft spot for Nassib I have seen in a while

AGREED!

And the one QB in this draft that has the skill set these two guys have is? EJ Manuel.

If you count "skill set" as strong arm and can run. Manuel is not remotely close to Wilson in the 12 other essential factors for an NFL QB except for good size. And not remotely close as a prospect.

If you count "skill set" as strong arm and can run. Manuel is not remotely close to Wilson in the 12 other essential factors for an NFL QB except for good size. And not remotely close as a prospect.

Well I'm not gonna audit all the measurables and intangibles but two major things EJ has going for him are that he played at a higher level of competition and that he played in a pro-style offense and actually took many snaps from center.

There are also the four bowl game victories.

That's all on top of EJ having a better arm, being a better athlete, and being bigger and stronger.

EJ's also a two-time academic All-America and is working on his second degree.

Personally I take EJ over Geno.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

i dont get this ziggy ansah love. what has he done in actual games?

dominated senior bowl. some people here don't value it much it seems, but i think NFL people do. it's much less of a projection because you get NFL coaching for first time, go against top players, coaches can see it first hand, etc.

do well that week and in that game, and you improve your stock immensely. apparently though he didn't do all that much in the practices, so still some doubt, but that game is still weighed heavily.

Well I'm not gonna audit all the measurables and intangibles but two major things EJ has going for him are that he played at a higher level of competition and that he played in a pro-style offense and actually took many snaps from center.

There are also the four bowl game victories.

That's all on top of EJ having a better arm, being a better athlete, and being bigger and stronger.

EJ's also a two-time academic All-America and is working on his second degree.

Personally I take EJ over Geno.

He doesn't have a better arm than Russell Wilson. Wilson has an absolute cannon. Manuel has a very good arm. Wilson also played against good competition in two different conferences, and learned two difference offenses. He's got way better mechanics, feet, reading defenses, leadership, football smarts, ball protection, pocket presence, decision making, seeing throwing lanes, touch on the ball, ball handling, experience, etc.

I like Manuel a lot, probably the most of any QB in the draft (although I'm not sure I would take him at 8). But Russell Wilson EXCELLED in everything except height, and it 10x the QB prospect as Manuel. One of the best QB prospects ever.

He doesn't have a better arm than Russell Wilson. Wilson has an absolute cannon. Manuel has a very good arm. Wilson also played against good competition in two different conferences, and learned two difference offenses. He's got way better mechanics, feet, reading defenses, leadership, football smarts, ball protection, pocket presence, decision making, seeing throwing lanes, touch on the ball, ball handling, experience, etc.

I like Manuel a lot, probably the most of any QB in the draft (although I'm not sure I would take him at 8). But Russell Wilson EXCELLED in everything except height, and it 10x the QB prospect as Manuel. One of the best QB prospects ever.

I was comparing EJ to Geno.

Disregard.

It will do something for the team, but not in a positive way. Trade down man, trade down. Here will still be there in the middle to late first round.

If the QB we take turns out to be a perennial all-pro it won't positively affect our team? That's what you're saying?

It will do something for the team, but not in a positive way. Trade down man, trade down. Here will still be there in the middle to late first round.

Right...so, just so I understand this, trading back in the draft is going to help the team better than getting a franchise QB?

Gotcha...

[facepalm]

For all those saying that only one QB will be drafted in the first round or that the Bills won't go QB.....

Our GM just said he thinks there are 2-3 franchise QBs in the draft. And he's stated for awhile that this is the year for the Bills to find their QB.

I think the chances are pretty good the Bills go QB.