Hypothetical Draft Question

Who would they select?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Suppose Barkly and Nassib were available at #8, and the Bills liked Barkley slightly more (perhaps 1 win per season. But, they also thought that Nassib would generate more ticket sales. Who would Brandon and Nix select?

• Barkley
    • Nassib

Suppose Barley and Nassib are available at #8, and Brandon/Nix think that Barkley is slightly better (perhaps 1 win per season). They also think that Nassib would generate considerably higher ticket sales for obvious reasons.

My question is, which one do you think they would select?

They'd draft the better player, because everyone knows that WINNING sells tickets, not drafting a guy that played his college football 2-1/2 hours away.

That said, this is very, very hypothetical, because they're going to draft the guy that they think helps the team the most, just like they've done the past 2 years.

I don't think 1 win/season is a "slight" advantage, and I don't think the Bills braintrust would see that as slight advantage either. But I think if they were truly close enough to be slightly different, then the more marketable guy gets drafted.

I think fans would get more excited about Barkley in general than they would about Nassib.. Barkley has more proven success and seems to have a higher ceiling.

they might eventually be more excited, but i could see a 50/50 split if these guys are drafted. half the fans would be mad because we drafted a surfer dude from california and the next in a long line of sanchezes. and of course the other half would be enraged because the bills are more worried about having a reunion of syracuse university than putting a winner on the field.

I think you're giving too much credit to Nassib for being able to sell tickets. one.The fans will eventually rally around any QB if they take That's just how we are.

yes, that is exactly how i are!

Wins/playoff appearances guarantee sales. This comparison is foolish.

Perhaps. I was simply looking to see how Bills Fans feel about those making the decisions for this team.

But on another note, who is really the fool? Me, for posting this? Or a rude, boring, pompous ass like you for responding to it when you think it's so far beneath you?

Edited by Bill from NYC

Perhaps. I was simply looking to see how Bills Fans feel about those making the decisions for this team.

But on another note, who is really the fool? Me, for posting this? Or a rude, boring, pompous ass like you for responding to it when you think it's so far beneath you?

I apologize if you took that personally. I posted that meaning that it's an unrealistic scenario. I apologize if you were offended.

To be more concise: I think that scenario is outlandish.

Edited by ny33

IF Nassib meant selling more seats, which I don't believe one bit, it would only last one year, and it may not even be one year unless he starts right away, which is unlikely with Kolb here now.

After one year, good or poor QB play, will be the seat seller. I don't see any possible way that Nassib playing poorly would get more people from Syracuse to come watch him suck, nor do I think there will be any less enthusiasm for Barkley should he play well versus Nassib playing well. If Barkley plays well in this scenario, he will be as big a savior and drawing card as Nassib playing well in this scenario.