Aaron Williams moved to Safety

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers was terrible last year. He had no business playing on an NFL field. That being said, maybe our new coaching staff can coach him up to where he is at least competent.

But we certainly need another corner, preferably a veteran free agent, or someone with upside in the draft. Anyone for Tyrann Matheau? The guy is a baller...

If he's there in the third, run don't walk, to the podium.

@buffalobills

GM Buddy Nix: #Bills Aaron Williams will begin the season as a safety

This is a good thing IMO. Admit that he doesn't have the requisite skill set to succeed at CB and get him in a position to maximize his talent.

This was automatic.

AW was projected as more of a safety by many going into his draft. He doesn't have great CB speed, so he struggled in man coverage down field in that role. I think he has plenty for safety, he is also very physical with good size. He certainly has a chance to succeed there.

This also fills a big need for us, whether he ends up as depth or a starter.

This was automatic.

AW was projected as more of a safety by many going into his draft. He doesn't have great CB speed, so he struggled in man coverage down field in that role. I think he has plenty for safety, he is also very physical with good size. He certainly has a chance to succeed there.

This also fills a big need for us, whether he ends up as depth or a starter.

It also helps that they are doing this now, when everyone at every position is learning a new defense and new responsibilities and terminology, etc. It's not like they have to spend extra time on Williams because he is learning a new position. Everyone is somewhat starting over and learning it together. We also have extra time and OTAs in the CBA because we have a new coach.

But we certainly need another corner, preferably a veteran free agent, or someone with upside in the draft. Anyone for Tyrann Matheau? The guy is a baller...

A smaller less talented version of Adam "Pacman" Jones? No thanks.

On second thought, he's only failed 10 drug tests, so he obviously learns from his mistakes and is willing to put his career above drugs...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

On second thought, he's only failed 10 drug tests, so he's obviously learns from his mistakes and is willing to put his career above drugs...

This is his last chance and he knows it. He's just a kid. Give him one last chance.

This is his last chance and he knows it. He's just a kid. Give him one last chance.

If he is still around in the later rounds sure, but I don't think the Bills can afford to gamble with this kid right now. They only have 6 picks, and many immediate needs. Certainly couldn't take him before the 3rd, and that's still too high IMO.

Even if he's not a complete burn out (which he is). He didn't play football last year, and he is tiny. At his best he was playing behind one of the best defenses in CFB. I'm skeptical that he could hold his own in the NFL, even without the drug problems.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

On second thought, he's only failed 10 drug tests, so he obviously learns from his mistakes and is willing to put his career above drugs...

Yeah, but he has a really cool nickname so that makes up for it.

How do you know this?

I'm good with the move, we get bigger and more talented at safety, assuming Williams can handle the move in stride.

As for Tyron Matthieu, please, please no.

I don't want anyone that fails 10+ drug tests when he knows his future is on the line, nor do I want a guy that obviously didn't spend his year plus away from the field in the weight room (only 4 bench press reps at the combine?).

This guy reeks of "doesn't get it", and I would only entertain the idea of him playing here as a rookie FA.

I really like this move and I was hoping for it. I also think this increases the likelihood of taking a corner in rounds 1-3. Pettine's defense relies on really strong corners. Unless they plan on a substantial free agent move, a corner in the high rounds wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I'm good with the move, we get bigger and more talented at safety, assuming Williams can handle the move in stride.

As for Tyron Matthieu, please, please no.

I don't want anyone that fails 10+ drug tests when he knows his future is on the line, nor do I want a guy that obviously didn't spend his year plus away from the field in the weight room (only 4 bench press reps at the combine?).

This guy reeks of "doesn't get it", and I would only entertain the idea of him playing here as a rookie FA.

It's not drugs. It's weed. If you eliminated every NFL player who smoked weed you couldn't field a team. If you eliminated every prospect who smoked weed, you couldn't draft one either.

That being said, this guy seems to be a playmaker. He may be too small and that would be my worry, but he can jump out of the gym. I'm always interested in playmakers.

And just a reminder, Mathieu did keep Ron Brooks on the bench and we drafted him fairly high.