Configuration of Team Right Now - drafted starters - NIX

San-O

I seem to keep wanting to go back and review the starters (projected) that are on the team that Nix and Co. have drafted.

It would seem to make sense that the better teams would have fewer starters drafted over a three year period or maybe more?

I perennial playoff team may have fewer as it is harder to break the starting lineup?

Actually I would appreciate some feedback on this, hopefully not just from Bills/Nix apologists.

QB / O backfield / Receivers / TE

QB: KOLB - Philly draft?

TE; Chandler - San Diego.

RB: Spiller : B-Lo. :)

FB: ?

WR: Johnson - Drafted Bills - Not Nix - RD 7?

WR: Graham - Drafted Nix - Please NO!

QB: Grade D/F - O drafted players - All FA acquisitions

TE: Grade C - 1 drafted player on roster - 4 of 5 FA acquisitions.

RB: Grade A - 2 drafted player on roster - 1 FA acquisition.

FB: Grade C - 0 drafted player on roster - 1 FA acquisition.

WR: Grade D/F - 2 drafted player on roster - 4 of 6 drafted Bills - 2 Nix - 1 starter, 1 ?

1.5 starters via Nix draft: Spiller, Graham.

O-Line / Center Guard Tackle

C: Wood - Drafted Bills - Not Nix.

G: Urbik / Brown - No drafted player.

T: Glenn / Pears - 1 drafted player on roster.

C: Grade INC - 0 drafted players on roster - 1 drafted by Bills - 0 Nix.

G: Grade INC - 1 drafted players on roster - 2 FA acquisitions. Urbik B +.

T: Grade B - 2 drafted players on roster - 2 FA acquisitions. Glenn B/Pears F.

1 drafted starter via Nix draft: Glenn.

Edited by SoCal-Surf

You did like 3 positions...... If you are going to do something do it right. Go through each position and see what players he drafted and which free agents he signed

I'm interested :)

Edited by Numark

I seem to keep wanting to go back and review the starters (projected) that are on the team that Nix and Co. have drafted.

It would seem to make sense that the better teams would have fewer starters drafted over a three year period or maybe more?

I perennial playoff team may have fewer as it is harder to break the starting lineup?

Actually I would appreciate some feedback on this, hopefully not just from Bills/Nix apologists.

O backfield

QB: KOLB - Philly draft?

TE; Chandler - San Diego.

RB: Spiller : B-Lo. :)

FB: ?

WR: Johnson - Drafted Bills - Not Nix - RD 7?

WR: Graham - Drafted Nix - Please NO!

I don't get what you're asking everyone else to do?

NUMARK: OK, I will. Thx.

Triple threat: Looking for feedback or concensus re: Nix drafting, either positional or unit?

Ex: Nix drafting

LB unit: Current Grade : D/F - Incomplete - 2 drafted starters - 1 FA ???

Every successful team is made up of a combination of draft picks, free agents, re-signed/extended homegrown free agents, street free agents, undrafted free agents, and trades. Clearly the draft picks are the most important and fill most of your team, but part of that is because you usually draft at least seven a year and most are cheap for 4-5 years.

Every successful team is made up of a combination of draft picks, free agents, re-signed/extended homegrown free agents, street free agents, undrafted free agents, and trades. Clearly the draft picks are the most important and fill most of your team, but part of that is because you usually draft at least seven a year and most are cheap for 4-5 years.

Understood. Nix and Co. stated they were going to build through the draft, so I'm looking at that. So far the O backfield not looking too good, except Spiller.

Understood. Nix and Co. stated they were going to build through the draft, so I'm looking at that. So far the O backfield not looking too good, except Spiller.

So between qb and RB they are 50-50 at drafting a successful starter to fill those 2 spots is how far you've gotten?

We don't have a deep team whatsoever right now, and that blame has to be put on Nix, who has not done a good job in three years under almost any standard. The backfield, however, seems to be one of the only places he has done well. Spiller is one of the best in the league right now regardless of your feeling of whether he was needed at the time. Fred was re-signed and is a very solid #2 who unfortunately got hurt. I actually think he is going to be a solid player and surprise this year. Choice as a FA/re-signed FA is decent as a #3. FB will likely not be a big part of this offense although I expect that Nix will re-sign Corey Mac.

NOTE: for this first segment, I am including ALL non O-line positions. QB/RB/FB/WR/TE.

FWIW: I love Spiller, but he's only 1 player drafted via Nix who is starting here. O Backfield/WR/TE

NOTE: for this first segment, I am including ALL non O-line positions. QB/RB/FB/WR/TE.

FWIW: I love Spiller, but he's only 1 player drafted via Nix who is starting here. O Backfield/WR/TE

Wouldn't you want to look at periennally successful teams before you analyze the Bills' roster? What if you found out that they have a lot of free agents and recent draft picks?

Not sure what I am missing here, but if you look at Buddy's drafting for the offense over the three years he has been the GM, the only starters from his picks are Spiller and Glenn (at least so far), right? Not very good.

You also have to take into account the number of picks spent on offense vs defense. In the top 3 rounds of Buddy's 3 drafts, He's only selected 3 offensive players, and all 3 of them start (Spiller, Glenn, Graham). So what does that say?

You can critique Nix on his drafts - who he's drafted, how many have stuck and started, how many have left

You can critique him on UDFA - same thing, how many were brought in, how many are still here and starting

On FA - who he's lost, who he's brought in, and who are starting.

You can also critique him on coaching, if you're being thorough.

It looks like, without getting into details, Nix has done an awful job thus far. Still, I have the impression that with this draft he has the ability to turn things around and finally field a good team. I've said this before, Nix's whole legacy as a GM rides on this off-season.

Sorry to pile on here but you can't grad Nix's drafting performance without taking into account at very least:

1) the defensive players

2) the offensive line

You're essentially trying to grade his drafting prowess based on less than half of the roster.

less than half? Less than a quarter :nana:

less than half? Less than a quarter :nana:

When a player is drafted by one GM but then re-signed by a different GM, it is the second GM that really should get as much credit for it, especially in the case of Stevie Johnson, who would have commanded even more money on the open market.