Anyone ever use Priceline?

I need to get a hotel room in Manhattan Saturday night but don't want to spend $200+. Priceline seems like such a pin-in-a-poke. Curious if anyone uses this site to book hotels?

PTR

I use it quite often , like once a wekk.

PM me and I an help walk you through..greatest money saving place on the interwebs

do a little google work on the offerings in that area and you can learn a ton of good info to make it effective - usually pretty quickly. there are third party forums dedicated just to that site and ones like it that have the mystery element.... posters will break down every hotel in each neighborhood that participates, prices to expect, what star ratings match up to each etc....

I used to use them all the time, but I find they aren't quite as great as they once were. The main reason I don't use them much anymore is the inability to select which kind of bed options your room will have. When there was just two of us that was no problem, but with three of us it can become an issue. I find kayak.com is a pretty good place to search. I've had good luck with lastminutetravel.com as well. If you use lastminutetravel get the room you want and then call their 800 number, they'll give you a better rate than the online price. I saved 20 bucks that way two weeks ago. If you have AAA I find you can just go to the hotel's website and get the same rate as the online rate.

do a little google work on the offerings in that area and you can learn a ton of good info to make it effective - usually pretty quickly. there are third party forums dedicated just to that site and ones like it that have the mystery element.... posters will break down every hotel in each neighborhood that participates, prices to expect, what star ratings match up to each etc....

Site that no saint refeneces here is this

www.betterbidding.com

Message board just like this, just pull up the state you want to book, then the city and location...and you will see the hotels by star category. They only ask that you then click the link to priceline from their site so they get the juju on the redirect.

There is quite a strategy involved in getting best deal though

I actually used to work there several years ago.

Some of my current co-workers use it only for hotels. You put in a neighborhood and a minimum # of stars and bingo, good to go.

It's a solid way to get a room if price is your overriding consideration.

I actually used to work there several years ago.

Some of my current co-workers use it only for hotels. You put in a neighborhood and a minimum # of stars and bingo, good to go.

It's a solid way to get a room if price is your overriding consideration.

if you do a little homework, you can be pretty certain on some of the amenities and location issues as well.

if you are able to do any leg work, and your generally a laid back easy going type of person.... its a great travel site.

www.betterbidding.com

Message board just like this, just pull up the state you want to book, then the city and location...and you will see the hotels by star category. They only ask that you then click the link to priceline from their site so they get the juju on the redirect.

I've used that forum before also, like you say it's a good reference to see how to bid, to get the hotel and area you want. Re-bidding is where it got tricky if I remember correctly, choosing an area with no 3-4 star hotels, to get that 3-4 star in an area you do want.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=16&

www.betterbidding.com

I have used both priceline and the betterbidding site often. It sometimes helps to look up successful past bids for exactly one year ago, because large annual events that recur at the same time each year can soak up available hotel rooms and impact rates.

Alternatively, if you feel the need to know in advance what hotel you will wind up with, in some cases you can also use the hotwire section of www.betterbidding.com to fairly confidently identify the exact hotel that is being offered to you on hotwire.com. Basically, hotwire lists hotels by amenities, but if enough people post the actual names of the hotels after accepting Hotwire's offer, you can often match the amenity list that Hotwire offers you with a specific hotel. It's a trade-off - - Priceline often gets you cheaper rooms but with some risk that you will get a hotel you don't like, while hotwire deals aren't quite as good but offer a little more transparency if you are willing to do some research at betterbidding.com. Both are usually better than the hotel's best online rates at their own websites.

Hope this helped.

www.betterbidding.com

biddingfortravel.com may be even better for info - but it is run by an insane Nazi.

Is she hot?

Lisette Orepesa

http://www.google.com/search?q=lisette+oropesa&hl=en-US&source=android-browser&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=6vNrUar_ArTl0AGj6YCwCw&ved=0CI8BELAE&biw=240&bih=381&sei=ivRrUebiEOjh0QGIqYDACw

http://www.metoperafamily.org/opera/rigoletto-verdi-tickets.aspx

We made it a day trip instead. While we could have gotten a deal on hotel it would have cost over $100 to park to 2 cars overnight in Manhattan.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot