Is It a Hoagie? Or a Sub? A Grinder? Or a Torpedo?

Gugny

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before, Cheese Steaks are for the tourists...Dinics and Tony Lukes run circles around the cheese steaks

Speaking of Philly Cheese Steaks. I know they are talked about being amazing and everything but movie theatre nacho cheese in a sub just looks nasty. No thank you.

I've said it before, Cheese Steaks are for the tourists...Dinics and Tony Lukes run circles around the cheese steaks

Cheese steaks, still delicious. Not arguing they are number one in the world, or deserve the hype, but they are real good.

Philly seems to be more of a hoagie town...

Hoagie = sub

Grinder = baked hoagie

Cheese steak < Roast pork with sharp provolone & broccoli rabe

I went to my favorite deli/butcher to get some steaks on Saturday. They have weekly sub specials. They had "Sub of the Week," which was roast beef. And clearly differentiated that, also on special, was the "Hot Meatball Grinder."

hoagie seems to have been born out of the shipping area of philly called hog island in the early 1900's and was bastardized from hoggies to hoagies...a sub/hoagies typically has 1-2 meats, a hero has all meats. as i said, grinder is a heated sub/hoagie/hero

I went to my favorite deli/butcher to get some steaks on Saturday. They have weekly sub specials. They had "Sub of the Week," which was roast beef. And clearly differentiated that, also on special, was the "Hot Meatball Grinder."

Speaking of Philly Cheese Steaks. I know they are talked about being amazing and everything but movie theatre nacho cheese in a sub just looks nasty. No thank you.

What the what!?!?? How dare you. Are you saying you have never eaten a cheesesteak?

Blasphemy....the cheesesteak is amazing IMO...

What the what!?!?? How dare you. Are you saying you have never eaten a cheesesteak?

ill take regular Swiss American melted right on the steak like any normal place I've ever been to. No thank you to liquid cheese on my sub/sandwich/Hoagy/grinder.

I like cheeses steaks...but wiz is never part of my order...I stick with provolone...and of course always wit...

I like cheeses steaks...but wiz is never part of my order...I stick with provolone...and of course always wit...

this. Provolone or Swiss American for me. Sliced and then melted into the steak as its in the grill.

"Wiz" is like a dagger in my cheese loving heart. In fact it makes me ill. Makes me wonder how in the world anyone can talk about one of those "Philly Cheese Steaks" being any good with that crap in it.

It might taste awesome but ill never EVER try it.

this. Provolone or Swiss American for me. Sliced and then melted into the steak as its in the grill.

"Wiz" is like a dagger in my cheese loving heart. In fact it makes me ill. Makes me wonder how in the world anyone can talk about one of those "Philly Cheese Steaks" being any good with that crap in it.

It might taste awesome but ill never EVER try it.

Do you mean, like, Taylor Swift "Never," or just regular "never?"