Is It a Hoagie? Or a Sub? A Grinder? Or a Torpedo?

Gugny

this. Provolone or Swiss American for me. Sliced and then melted into the steak as its in the grill.

"Wiz" is like a dagger in my cheese loving heart. In fact it makes me ill. Makes me wonder how in the world anyone can talk about one of those "Philly Cheese Steaks" being any good with that crap in it.

It might taste awesome but ill never EVER try it.

Man, you are really against nacho cheese.

I've never been to Philly for a cheese-steak, but from my experience, any cheese mixed with steak is a recipe for deliciousness. Provolone, American, Swiss (mmm), Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, Kobe Jack, Nacho Cheese, Fromunda Cheese....they all sound good with steak.

(here's your set-up)

Fromunda cheese??? What is fromunda cheese??? :lol:

Man, you are really against nacho cheese.

I've never been to Philly for a cheese-steak, but from my experience, any cheese mixed with steak is a recipe for deliciousness. Provolone, American, Swiss (mmm), Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, Kobe Jack, Nacho Cheese, Fromunda Cheese....they all sound good with steak.

hoagie seems to have been born out of the shipping area of philly called hog island in the early 1900's and was bastardized from hoggies to hoagies...a sub/hoagies typically has 1-2 meats, a hero has all meats. as i said, grinder is a heated sub/hoagie/hero

Interesting... The term "submarine" came from, I believe, a company that would deliver "Italian sandwiches" to a shipyard (submarines) building vessels during WWII in the Northeast (I think MA-CT area)... I haven't looked it, interesting... Probably should look it up...