if the draft does this, what do we do

frogger

1-KC-Luke Joeckel-LT-no stunning move, it's Joeckel or Fisher.

2-Jax-Geno Smith-QB-this will suck, I was hoping he would fall to us. New coach has only seen current QBs lose.

3-Oakland-Ezekiel Ansah-DE-Oakland needs about every position, if they can't move back they get the best athlete in a need position

4-Philadelphia-Dion Jordan-DE/OLB-obvious Oregon connection.

5-Detroit-Eric Fisher-LT-Detroit get Fisher or Joeckel and they are happy. The only thing that could ruin this, if Miami gives up a boatload to move up.

6-Cleveland trades 6th to San Diego for picks...SD picks Lane Johnson-LT-they needed to move in front of Arizona, I believe they just signed McKinnie, but Lane Johnson will start and McKinnie gets released. Cleveland loves Milliner but also love Rhodes and Trufant.

7-Arizona-Sherrif Floyd-DE/DT-Floyd actually played DE for Florida, I think he is a natural for a 3-4 DE.

8-Buffalo....

Pick Dee Milliner.

Minnesota calls they love Milliner and want to deal both 1s but we have to give up a forth or third in 2014.

Tampa calls, Revis deal flops and they are offering 1&2.

Or pick another player.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd jump at the Bucs deal - what's that? Like five picks down, and we get a high 2nd - that would be nice. We could still likely get Barkley, who I hope is our guy, and if he were to be gone we'd likely get the top WR or top ILB, and then we could finish of the trio with the QB and whichever position we didn't get with our 1st - WR / ILB.

tavon austin..........................................

:)

A 5' 7" 179lb WR will just get killed in the NFL. We had one of those for 7-8 years in Parrish before finally realizing that just speed is not enough.

I'd jump at the Bucs deal - what's that? Like five picks down, and we get a high 2nd - that would be nice. We could still likely get Barkley, who I hope is our guy, and if he were to be gone we'd likely get the top WR or top ILB, and then we could finish of the trio with the QB and whichever position we didn't get with our 1st - WR / ILB.

+1. And even if Barkley is not there, we have the ammo to package the 2nd and 3rd (and still have another 2nd) to move back into the 1st to get Nassib or Wilson

Edited by ganesh

A 5' 7" 179lb WR will just get killed in the NFL. We had one of those for 7-8 years in Parrish before finally realizing that just speed is not enough.

I was having this discussion with a friend. Has there ever been a comparable prospect to Austin before? A top 15 pick that is considered the biggest offensive playmaker in the draft that also happens to be that small of size? Don't give me parrish as he was not even close to being as highly regarded as austin. And I would argue austin does have much more than speed (his quickness and awareness is ridiculous), hence the top top 15 pick status

That Tampa deal would be nice. It feels like the majority of the board favors a trade down. We have a lot of needs and not tons of value for our needs at 8.

I said in another thread that the best thing that could happen to the Bills is for Milner and/or Lane Johnson to be on the board (assuming Joekel and Fisher are gone). Those are the 2 guys that I could see someone trading up for. I think there is a pretty big drop between them and the next prospect at their positions.

1. I don't think Jax will take Smith. Maybe in round two if he doesn't get taken in the first round.

2. No QB at #8.

3. Trade down at all costs. The Bills only have six picks and have starting holes at LG, WR, maybe two MLB's, possibly OLB, and TE. And that is being generous by saying Kolb and QB is not a hole.

4. If no trade available then I would take Warmack.

5. I don't like any LB except Jordan at 8 and I'm not sold on him either playing against then run.

6. If they can trade down I woul dstill take Warmack or the guard out of UNC in the middle of the first round.

Tavon Austin's film and production are a class above Parrish... Even ginn or sproles. Looks more like Reggie bush than roscoe

Unfortunately, none of these guys have excelled as a top 5 WR in the league. At #8, I want to have a difference maker that is a Top-5 in the league. CBs in the NFL are much more physical than in college and a 5' 7" body cannot take that kind of hits.

Edited by ganesh

I haven't said squat for months about the draft and who the Bills should choose, but I've heard about enough of the QB talk. There's not one worth taking with such a high pick. And besides, the general consensus is that next year's QB class is a whole lot better. If that's true, even more reason to avoid a QB early in round 1. They'd end up with the best of a lousy class, not a potential game-changing prospect. The offense struggled last year, but the biggest problem is still defense, especially against the run. Nearly every contending team has at least 1 dominant linebacker. The Bills aren't even close to having someone that opposing teams have to plan around. They desperately need a linebacker who can sufficiently support the D-line and DBs. Unfortunately, the Bills just missed out on both Patrick Willis and Von Miller in recent drafts. If the opportunity is there to take a stud LB hope they don't pass up the chance.

8-Buffalo....

Pick Dee Milliner.

Minnesota calls they love Milliner and want to deal both 1s but we have to give up a forth or third in 2014.

Tampa calls, Revis deal flops and they are offering 1&2.

Or pick another player.

I think this totally depends on how my scouting department has graded the QBs....

If there is no legit QB left.....trade with Tampa.

If there is one legit QB left.....pick the QB.

If there is two legit QBs left....trade with Tampa.

If there is three or more legit QBs left....trade with Minnesota.