Would it be worth it to trade #8 for Revis and have 2 shutdown corners

If our front four are pretty legit, i think having 2 shut down corners with Mckelvin as our nickle would be nice. If we could afford him. Id trade for him.

From what I have read he wants a Mario level deal which isn't a reasonable option on a team with this many needs.

DB's don't win games. With as average as the QB play is in the NFL, if you can stop the run consistently you have a good chance to win. The Bills have glaring needs at the LB position.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

If the reports about Tampa offer are correct they wouldn't take just our 8th for him anyway. Tampa's 1st (13 overall), 3rd & 6th are worth more than 8 overall.

good call, i thought they were only offering #13

But Gilmore just changed his number to 24. How would I tell them apart?

Never thought of that B-)

DB's don't win games. With as average as the QB play is in the NFL, if you can stop the run consistently you have a good chance to win. The Bills have glaring needs at the LB position.

My thought was if the WR are covered the qb has to hold the ball1-2 more seconds for MARIO!!!!!

If our front four are pretty legit, i think having 2 shut down corners with Mckelvin as our nickle would be nice. If we could afford him. Id trade for him.

Nope. He'll want a huge contract and it's not a given he'll even be the same player after the knee injury. And if he's still as good as he was, he'll hold out for more money in a couple of years, IMO.

I'm always amazed at how people worry about cap room with our team. We could sign Revis twice with the extra money we're going to have sitting around this season.

Is there some other free agent we're saving the money for that I don't know about, or are we just worried about Ralph having enough money to buy his meds ?

The injury is obviously a legitimate concern, and I don't know much about it, but if he is going to be healthy and back to form, he's one of the best players to ever play the position and he's in the prime of his career.

Maybe the Jets wouldn't trade him to us, but to say you'd rather gamble on a new player in a year when the top 10 draft picks are almost all question marks vs. signing the best corner in the league makes me think you have confidence in the way this team evaluates and drafts college players.

Revis just might like to play for Pettine again in a different scene against Woody and the Jets twice a year. I'd do that deal in a second.

I'm always amazed at how people worry about cap room with our team. We could sign Revis twice with the extra money we're going to have sitting around this season.

not really true.. we supposedly have around 15 million in room this year, and need at least 5 of it for the draft.. leaving about 10 million. Revis wants 16 million a year supposedly, maybe he'd take a bit less due to his injury, but for us?

32 million a year on two defensive players is waaaayyyyy too many eggs in two baskets for my taste.

Is there some other free agent we're saving the money for that I don't know about, or are we just worried about Ralph having enough money to buy his meds ?

The injury is obviously a legitimate concern, and I don't know much about it, but if he is going to be healthy and back to form, he's one of the best players to ever play the position and he's in the prime of his career.

Maybe the Jets wouldn't trade him to us, but to say you'd rather gamble on a new player in a year when the top 10 draft picks are almost all question marks vs. signing the best corner in the league makes me think you have confidence in the way this team evaluates and drafts college players.

Revis just might like to play for Pettine again in a different scene against Woody and the Jets twice a year. I'd do that deal in a second.

How much money do you really think is going to be sitting around this season. We still have to get Byrd signed long term, we have rookie contracts yet and we only have about $13 million left to spend, and I bett he farm we wil bring in another FA or 2 at other postions

http://www.spotrac.c...-bills/cap-hit/

And the Revis cap hit would not be 1 year it will be the next few years, and it will force us to make tough decision on other players and positions in th ever near future.

Not to mention the price in draft picks.

Why would anyone in their right mind pay Revis $15 mil a season and give up a boat load of draft picks to do so. Force the Jets to cut him

Edited by shibuya