Now tell me again about how all religion is bad.

Oh. My bad. I mistook your sarcasm for sarcasm. I didn't realize you genuinely care about what happens to Christians while the world continues to increasingly turn away from God.

I think we're speaking different languages here. Would you kindly translate that last part for me?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you weren't mocking, then you must have been serious. SInce you were serious, I was happy to hear of your concern for Christians.

Oh, I see. 'You and yours' was referencing people who share your politics, which just happens to be made up largely of Christians, a declining population.

I have nothing against Christians. To borrow a train of thought from Carlin, I see them as victims of one of the greatest scams the world has ever seen. I actually feel bad for them. I'm all compassion and concern.

Your problem, no surprise to anyone paying attention, is that you look at a poll asking people if they believe in a deity and use that as evidence that most people believe in God. People have long believed in a deity, but not in God. People have long had faith in a higher power, but not in God. People have long tried to convince the world they are Christians, but fail to lead a Christian life.

Likewise you guys keep trying to convince yourselves that you're smarter than the average Christian for not falling for some crazy zombie in the sky, and yet have no idea whatsoever what true Christians are inclined to believe.

Believe me when I tell you I am in no way even remotely an authority on being a Christian, and yet the more I learn about what it means to be a Christian, the more people like yourself sound completely clueless.

But hey...keep moving forward your anti-religious left propaganda machine.

Once again you presume to lump everyone together. I am by no means an atheist and do in fact consider myself a Christian. But thanks for smearing everyone with the same hateful brush. Way to bring the discourse level up. :thumbsup:

So, you are part of the 1% and are giving the rest of us your directions? 1%er, eh? You might want to visit the rest of the universe. I heard that 3" staffs are revered in Uranus.

I am not an atheist and have never claimed to be one.

I must've missed the part where I was hateful. But nice try.

Allow me to show you...

Your problem, no surprise to anyone paying attention, is that you look at a poll asking people if they believe in a deity and use that as evidence that most people believe in God.

Right off the bat you assume I have a problem... Not the best way to start a conversation. You also seem to believe that there is a difference between God and a Deity. They are synonymous -- unless you're claiming ownership over the "one true God". Which, would be quite spiteful.

People have long believed in a deity, but not in God.

Again, you are qualifying the two words and presuming that your "God" is superior to everyone else's.

People have long had faith in a higher power, but not in God.

Third time in three sentences, you're once again elevating your beliefs above the rest of the 7 billion people on the planet without so much of a hint of humility.

People have long tried to convince the world they are Christians, but fail to lead a Christian life.

Now you're judging a broad base of people without knowing them. I believe in your Holy Book this called Pride. And it's a sin.

Likewise you guys keep trying to convince yourselves that you're smarter than the average Christian for not falling for some crazy zombie in the sky, and yet have no idea whatsoever what true Christians are inclined to believe.

"You guys" ... lumping a multitude of posters in this thread into one group to make it easier for you to judge -- again, pride.

Believe me when I tell you I am in no way even remotely an authority on being a Christian, and yet the more I learn about what it means to be a Christian, the more people like yourself sound completely clueless.

And yet you continue to demonstrate thoroughly here your contempt for everyone of a different ilk. That's not compassion, that's not even intelligent. That's just a silly way to live your life.

But hey...keep moving forward your anti-religious left propaganda machine.

Again, you're assuming I'm on the left. I'm not. You're also assuming I'm anti-religion. I'm not.

I must've missed the part where I was hateful. But nice try.

Care to rethink your statement? That's a lot of hate and spite thrown out in one Christian post.

Again, I missed the part where I was hateful. But heckuva a second try.

Okay, then humor me. Take a look here: ...

I didn't realize you genuinely care about what happens to Christians while the world continues to increasingly turn away from God.

...which lead to this:

People have long believed in a deity, but not in God.

What do you mean by that statement?

Okay, then humor me. Take a look here: ...

...which lead to this:

What do you mean by that statement?

You are being unreasonable here. Your position is one that can't be reasonably defensed, so give it up, or go back to Uranus.