Now tell me again about how all religion is bad.

I figured that was just you trying to be like my buddy Crayonz. You'll never live up to that so don't try. I was trying to give you an out and let you save some face.

The answer is 'yes'.

Dude my mind is already made up but that's mostly because I have GvG. So I don't claim to be a freethinker.

Anyway, someone who calls himself a freethinker and is adamant about anything is basically calling everyone else a slavethinker. That's not very nice. It's like saying you are only free if you act exactly like me. Either that or they're stoned again. Because it sounds like they're stoned again.

It's like some Canadian dude calling himself a genius. Everyone knows by definition that it just is not possible.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude my mind is already made up but that's mostly because I have GvG. So I don't claim to be a freethinker.

Anyway, someone who calls himself a freethinker and is adamant about anything is basically calling everyone else a slavethinker. That's not very nice. It's like saying you are only free if you act exactly like me. Either that or they're stoned again. Because it sounds like they're stoned again.

It's like some Canadian dude calling himself a genius. Everyone knows by definition that it just is not possible.

:lol: :lol:

You make some good points about Canadians there. But you have to admit that hockey is awesome.

I guess that means you and yours will become more and more f-ed as the country becomes less and less religious. My condolences.

You know, for a guy who finds it so necessary to mock Christians, your understanding of Christianity is surprisingly lacking.

You know, for a guy who finds it so necessary to mock Christians, your understanding of Christianity is surprisingly lacking.

Really? How am I mocking Christians and what exactly am I failing to understand?

You won't find one word from me in this thread that is disrespectful of Christians or anyone else. I do, however, see several posts disparaging non-believers. I'm not the type to cry about it though...

Really? How am I mocking Christians and what exactly am I failing to understand?

You won't find one word from me in this thread that is disrespectful of Christians or anyone else. I do, however, see several posts disparaging non-believers. I'm not the type to cry about it though...

I want some of the hate sprouting religious people on here to mock this.
Edited by meazza

Parsing your words, eh? Have you ever heard of "Zombie Jesus"?

I want some of the hate sprouting atheists on here to mock this. http://www.adn.com/2...pens-doors.html

The American Humanist Society currently holds a 4-star (65.22 out of 70) rating on Charity Watch:

http://www.charityna...ary&orgid=11651

I want some of the hate sprouting religious people on here to mock this.

I'll refrain from linking to some less-than-stellar faith-based charities listed there because there are good ones too.

Your religious beliefs (or lack thereof) do not make you any more good, evil, caring, apathetic, generous or stingy.

It's called mimicry to make a point to the thick headed as to how ridiculous they are- unfortunately even this spoon feeding isn't enough

Oh. My bad. I mistook your sarcasm for sarcasm. I didn't realize you genuinely care about what happens to Christians while the world continues to increasingly turn away from God.

It's called mimicry to make a point to the thick headed as to how ridiculous they are- unfortunately even this spoon feeding isn't enough

Sorry............mimicry has absolutely nothing to do with "making a point"

Noun

• The action or art of imitating someone or something, typically in order to entertain or ridicule:
  • The close external resemblance of an animal or plant (or part of one) to another.

Making fun of "hate filled religious people" is simply examples of your own self biases.

Sorry............mimicry has absolutely nothing to do with "making a point"

Noun

• The action or art of imitating someone or something, typically in order to entertain or ridicule:

• The close external resemblance of an animal or plant (or part of one) to another.

Making fun of "hate filled religious people" is simply examples of your own self biases.

Forgive them Lord for they are as thick as a brick

“God Is Great — Hang the Atheist Bloggers”

Al Jazeera reports:

Hundreds of thousands of people have held protests in Bangladesh to demand that the government introduce an anti-blasphemy law that would include the death penalty for bloggers who insult Islam....

Supporters of Hefazat-e-Islam, an Islamist group which draws support from tens of thousands of religious seminaries [and that has the backing of country's largest party, Jamaat-e-Islami], converged on Dhaka’s main commercial hub to protest against what they said were blasphemous writings by atheist bloggers, shouting “God is great — hang the atheist bloggers”.

“I’ve come here to fight for Islam. We won’t allow any bloggers to blaspheme our religion and our beloved Prophet Mohammed,” said Shahidul Islam, an imam at a mosque outside Dhaka ....

The bloggers, who deny they are atheists, have sought capital punishment for those found guilty of war crimes during the nation’s liberation war [including the leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami] ....

A well-known protester and blogger, Ahmed Rajib Haider, was killed reportedly by Jamaat supporters....

Zafar Sobhan, editor of the
Dhaka Tribune
, ... said that ... it was unlikely that a blasphemy law would be introduced ... [and] that the march was less about a blasphemy law but was more of a reaction to calls for the death penalty for political party leaders being tried for war crimes....

The government has blocked about a dozen websites and blogs to stem the unrest. It has also set up a panel, which includes intelligence chiefs, to monitor blasphemy on social media.

Under the country’s cyber laws, a blogger or Internet writer can face up to ten years in jail for defaming a religion.

Oh. My bad. I mistook your sarcasm for sarcasm. I didn't realize you genuinely care about what happens to Christians while the world continues to increasingly turn away from God.

I think the numbers on this one don't back you up... despite the rise in secularism throughout the past 1,000 years, the majority of people on the planet continue to believe in a deity. But keep on believing the religious right's propaganda machine.

I think the numbers on this one don't back you up... despite the rise in secularism throughout the past 1,000 years, the majority of people on the planet continue to believe in a deity. But keep on believing the religious right's propaganda machine.

So, we "locals" should take you seriously? You need to strip yourself of the facade (goofball person) and seriously debate, or just "fly away".

So, we "locals" should take you seriously? You need to strip yourself of the facade (goofball person) and seriously debate, or just "fly away".

You don't need to be a local to understand that the world is NOT turning away from God as LA contends. The country with the largest percentage of atheists is France clocking in at only 30%. As of 2008, less than 15% of Americans stated they don't practice an organized religion with only 1% of the population claiming to be atheists.

The numbers don't back it up.

Your problem, no surprise to anyone paying attention, is that you look at a poll asking people if they believe in a deity and use that as evidence that most people believe in God. People have long believed in a deity, but not in God. People have long had faith in a higher power, but not in God. People have long tried to convince the world they are Christians, but fail to lead a Christian life.

Likewise you guys keep trying to convince yourselves that you're smarter than the average Christian for not falling for some crazy zombie in the sky, and yet have no idea whatsoever what true Christians are inclined to believe.

Believe me when I tell you I am in no way even remotely an authority on being a Christian, and yet the more I learn about what it means to be a Christian, the more people like yourself sound completely clueless.

But hey...keep moving forward your anti-religious left propaganda machine.

You don't need to be a local to understand that the world is NOT turning away from God as LA contends. The country with the largest percentage of atheists is France clocking in at only 30%. As of 2008, less than 15% of Americans stated they don't practice an organized religion with only 1% of the population claiming to be atheists.

The numbers don't back it up.

So, you are part of the 1% and are giving the rest of us your directions? 1%er, eh? You might want to visit the rest of the universe. I heard that 3" staffs are revered in Uranus.