Jake Stoneburner - WR/TE - Ohio State

As I mentioned in previous threads that when you look at current rosters from around the NFL there is a shortage of quality TEs, especially pass catching ones. After a handful there isn't much out there. Coupled with that is also Chandler's status and it has me anticipating that Buffalo will finally make this position a priority this year in the draft. Always the optimist with this team it's probably better for my psyche to temper my expectations and give up my hope of them drafting Zach Ertz this year and lower my expectations to the mid-late rounds for this position. I've mentioned WR Mike Shanahan, who is projected as a TE in the NFL, in another post but here is another prospect with a big upside that I would like the Bills to take a look at. Not only did he play for Urban Meyer but Meyer himself compared Stoneburner to New England's Aaron Hernandez and that sure peaked my interest. Either way hopefully Buffalo gets it right this year when they draft this position.

As I mentioned in previous threads that when you look at current rosters from around the NFL there is a shortage of quality TEs, especially pass catching ones. After a handful there isn't much out there. Coupled with that is also Chandler's status and it has me anticipating that Buffalo will finally make this position a priority this year in the draft. Always the optimist with this team it's probably better for my psyche to temper my expectations and give up my hope of them drafting Zach Ertz this year and lower my expectations to the mid-late rounds for this position. I've mentioned WR Mike Shanahan, who is projected as a TE in the NFL, in another post but here is another prospect with a big upside that I would like the Bills to take a look at. Not only did he play for Urban Meyer but Meyer himself compared Stoneburner to New England's Aaron Hernandez and that sure peaked my interest. Either way hopefully Buffalo gets it right this year when they draft this position.

FWIW he struggled to find a home in Urban Meyer's offense last season and that offense is pretty friendly to talented players. Maybe it's the fact that he wasn't the focus, more of an option for Miller.

Anyhoo, more was expected from him going into his senior season and he was underwhelming. Maybe that's a positive for us or another team who takes a gamble on him late.