Bills Offseason Workouts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like EW more and more as the seasons progress...you can tell he really wants to win and isn't simply going through the motions for the paycheck.

I remember Eric yelling at Maybin during training camp about how Maybin had not done anything to earn his money yet.

I like EW more and more as the seasons progress...you can tell he really wants to win and isn't simply going through the motions for the paycheck.

He never did and never will. He questioned Aaron Maybin, when there was no production out of him. Truly a team player. I just wish he did not have those season-ending injuries. It has really derailed a promising career. When he was at Center, Fitz had much more time to step into the pocket and throw the football. When he was out, Fitz struggled.

• 1 month later...

I have liked just about everything Marrone has said this offseason. I really hope (and expect) him to be successful, because I like his style.

Then I'll bet you (like me) were over the moon when he said yesterday that games are won and lost based on half-time and in-game adjustments.

Competition, camaraderie the results of Bills conditioning program:http://www.buffalobi...cf-75d5c89249b3

Great stuff. How about this:

" [Fred]Jackson, who set a personal goal to be the top individual finisher in the ‘Iron Bills’ competition, currently sits atop the leaderboard through four weeks. However,

Torell Troupicon-article-link.gif, Eric Woodicon-article-link.gif, Marcus Easleyicon-article-link.gif and Zac Brown are all within 10 points of him."

Wouldn't that be something if Troup and Easley come out and surprise...

Competition, camaraderie the results of Bills conditioning program:http://www.buffalobi...cf-75d5c89249b3

I've been doing a weight training workout for a few months now where I ride the bike hard for 3 minutes between sets. This is in contrast to how most people workout where they just kinda stand around until they feel their body is ready to do another set.

I don't know if there's a term for this kind of training but it works real well and your workouts end up being much shorter and more effective.

On another point it's clear to me that Doug Marrone and Chip Kelly are the two guys who are really gonna revolutionize the way time is spent around an NFL facility.

They're both highly-regimented in terms of time and tempo, more so than any NFL coaches that have come before.

I've been doing a weight training workout for a few months now where I ride the bike hard for 3 minutes between sets. This is in contrast to how most people workout where they just kinda stand around until they feel their body is ready to do another set.

I don't know if there's a term for this kind of training but it works real well and your workouts end up being much shorter and more effective.

On another point it's clear to me that Doug Marrone and Chip Kelly are the two guys who are really gonna revolutionize the way time is spent around an NFL facility.

They're both highly-regimented in terms of time and tempo, more so than any NFL coaches that have come before.

Shorter, higher intensity workouts seem to be the way things are headed...

I'm very interested to see how the up-tempo program translates to training camp at Fisher. Last year (my first spending any real time there, over the course of a couple days) it seemed like an awful lot of standing around punctuated by the occasional air horn and drill.

I'm very interested to see how the up-tempo program translates to training camp at Fisher. Last year (my first spending any real time there, over the course of a couple days) it seemed like an awful lot of standing around punctuated by the occasional air horn and drill.

From what I'm reading and hearing, everything about this new staff screams high intensity and fast paced. I bet camp will be fun.

Then I'll bet you (like me) were over the moon when he said yesterday that games are won and lost based on half-time and in-game adjustments.

!!!!!! love this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff. How about this:

" [Fred]Jackson, who set a personal goal to be the top individual finisher in the ‘Iron Bills’ competition, currently sits atop the leaderboard through four weeks. However,

Torell Troupicon-article-link.gif, Eric Woodicon-article-link.gif, Marcus Easleyicon-article-link.gif and Zac Brown are all within 10 points of him."

Wouldn't that be something if Troup and Easley come out and surprise...

Great article. I watched the CJ Spiller off season workout video too...CJ is lookin' beast mode.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Wood's stock keeps growing...

Fantastic! I'm thrilled they're focusing on speed and conditioning. No amount of coaching by our opponents can fully overcome that.

I also like the competition. They're doing several things at once: strengthening, bonding, instilling competitive culture, recognizing and rewarding winning. Also, the cross-team bonding will really help if we hit a string of losses, where the team communcates and pushes each other, but is less likely to demonize the others groups when they struggle.