Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

There is no way Nassib doesn't get picked in the top ten. Who is better and which teams need a quarterback? Looking at the upcoming draft. There are at least 4 teams needing a QB that draft before the Bills. Despite this being a thin QB class, the QB talent in the NFL is lean as well. Funny enough that out of the top ten draft teams I would say nine of them have low quality QB depth.

Nassib is our guy, I just hope he doesn't start the first year.

this is what has me a bit nervous about this draft. with the percieved "weak" qb class this year and so many teams looking for the next youngster, i really hope that the coaches, scouts, and gm(s) have the opportunity to get "their" guy at 8, whoever he may be.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised nobody posted this. His interview raves about Hackett and Hacketts father too. Says Marrone is a tough guy and represents the Bronx well. But he really glows about Hackett.

Simon: have you given any thought about them drafting you?

Nassib: Said qb's need to go to a coach who can teach and who better than the guy who's brought me along for three years. I love Buffalo. From Philly etc etc

Jeremy White: so we heard you like the cold.

Nassib: well nobody really likes the cold ha ha.

Good interview. Sounds like he would love to be here starts about half way in. You may not like his overall talent but you listen to this interview and tell me he doesn't belong here.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/69886048/1-18-syracuse-qb-ryan-nassib-on-doug-marrone-and-buffalo.htm

Great stuff at the end about him being a Broad Street Bully fan but will be all in for Buffalo including the Sabres and the culture of the city.

Sounds like a pretty laid back dude actually.

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere. I don't see it. If it has been I will delete or mod delete this.

This must have been posted somewhere. Why do I not see it? Merge??

Marrone and Hackett if nothing else. Buddy has scouted him several times that I've read about previously also.

How's that for a light bulb? There's been many thoughts on that matter since we named our coach. Now you hear the kid talk about the connection and it seems like it fits like a glove. Fits like a glove. No Fitz.

Edit: wait a minute. It's a twelve minute interview and you replied six minutes after I posted it.

Obviously you never listened to it and the slip up he made stating when he is in Buffalo.

Nevermind.

Edited by beerme1

My only fear with this is that it's so freaking obvious. Rarely do you see a team so clearly telegraph their pick if they aren't selecting #1.

Something similar happened with Tannehill, Sherman and the Dolphins, there were rumors Tannehill was a lock for them because Sherman's familiarity with him. If that were to be case many people thought Tannehill was going to be a reach at (coincidentally) #8, the rest is history.

If Marrone and Hackett know Nassib is serious about football and think he can still get better as a QB they better take him sooner rather than later.

Edited by Fixxxer

Lol about the time lapse man. Absolutely comical.

LOL I'll put my thoughts in the other

Edit I will let the mods do it I dont see the link and only one reference to the Love Buffalo comment.

Even more comical now yes? :w00t:

Mods feel free to that thing

Edited by beerme1

No offense to anyone that loves their pet goat but isn't his I.Q. pretty similar to one ? EGADS... no thanks :thumbdown:

have you heard Kim Kelly speak for an extended period of time?

How bout Ben Rothlisberger? Michael Vick? Tony Romo?

Who the BLANK is Kim Kelly?

fat finger on iPhone. If you need it explained then I give up. If your just being a dick to be a dick. Then congrats for you. Way to accept your original thoughts were completely idiotic about Nassib. Considering the Bills best QB ever was a gun toting drunken coke head idiot. It doesn't make any difference when it comes to throwing a football.

No offense to anyone that loves their pet goat but isn't his I.Q. pretty similar to one ? EGADS... no thanks :thumbdown:

have you heard Kim Kelly speak for an extended period of time?

How bout Ben Rothlisberger? Michael Vick? Tony Romo?

Who the BLANK is Kim Kelly?

MO I said he sounded pretty laid back. You could have said he sounds high or stoned for example. But that would be wrong. Listen to Marcus Foligno and you may think the same thing and he is going to absolutely smash you in your face.

Anyway I don't know that a pet goat named Kim or maybe Jim Kelly speak or romo or dog killer or rapeist or any one of them comes across as high iq.

I do believe however that Joe Namath speaks from the heart when he says I love you Suzy. Hahhhh :w00t:

All this QB draft talk is funny - so many opinions about who is good enough to merit taking in what round - and the truth is the variables are too many to make any really solid predictions about a lot of these guys. Just look at last year. I was sold on Russell Wilson being a good enough QB to select in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Why? Because he proved he was a winner everywhere he went, he beat the best competition, and his size, which was his major knock, didn't stop him from being able to throw over a very NFL sized offensive line in college. Yet, many people - in fact, I'd say 80-90 percent of fans had no faith in Russell Wilson as a legitimate NFL starter even right up to the draft. Kaepernick was also similarly regarded.

The point I'm trying to make is this: right now - months before the draft, senior bowl, combine, etc., Nassib is already considered a 2nd, or low 1st round talent. That is to say, right now most of the "experts" and fans alike think more of him coming out of college than they did of Wilson or Kaepernick. That is to say, none of us knows just how good this kid is going to be at the NFL level. There is no reason he couldn't be as good as Phillip Rivers, say.

I'd put other guys into that same category - Barkley, Smith, Wilson, Landry Jones, Manuel, Glennon. Right there are 7 QB' - 8 including Nassib. All of those guys are regarded as highly as Kaepernick and Wilson were these past few drafts, or even Dalton.

So, we can discuss and predict all we want whether it is worth taking a flyer on any of these guys, but my opinion is this - if they're good enough to make all the throws, and smart enough to learn a system, and they land in the right place, then any one of them might be "the guy". I'm going to trust Marrone and co. to make the right choice - after all, he's been in college, AND he's coached, first hand, one of the best QB's of the past decade in Brees. If Marrone says any of them is good enough to take, I'll trust it.

There is no way Nassib doesn't get picked in the top ten. Who is better and which teams need a quarterback? Looking at the upcoming draft. There are at least 4 teams needing a QB that draft before the Bills. Despite this being a thin QB class, the QB talent in the NFL is lean as well. Funny enough that out of the top ten draft teams I would say nine of them have low quality QB depth.

Nassib is our guy, I just hope he doesn't start the first year.

I like Nassib's talent - but saying he's a lock to go in the top 10 is undervaluing a lot of the talent in the draft, IMO. There are some really high caliber players that teams needing QB's would be crazy to pass on - like Joeckel, Luteteli, Jarvis Jones, Werner, Warmack, etc. - I just think in the top 8 picks there could be at the very most 2 QB's taken, because otherwise you're leaving guys like I just mentioned on the board for what we mostly all agree are not sure fire QB's. That is why I think if the Bills want a QB, there will be some nice options at 8.

fat finger on iPhone. If you need it explained then I give up. If your just being a dick to be a dick. Then congrats for you. Way to accept your original thoughts were completely idiotic about Nassib. Considering the Bills best QB ever was a gun toting drunken coke head idiot. It doesn't make any difference when it comes to throwing a football.

MO I said he sounded pretty laid back. You could have said he sounds high or stoned for example. But that would be wrong. Listen to Marcus Foligno and you may think the same thing and he is going to absolutely smash you in your face.

Anyway I don't know that a pet goat named Kim or maybe Jim Kelly speak or romo or dog killer or rapeist or any one of them comes across as high iq.

I do believe however that Joe Namath speaks from the heart when he says I love you Suzy. Hahhhh :w00t:

Really wasn't talking about that particular interview. My nephew edited the interview with him before the USC game (for the SC paper here in L.A). and the announcer (and my son) told us at halftime that he just didn't have a lot upstairs. I just would prefer not having a QB that reminds us of those glory years when J.P. Losman led our troops QBing the team. And my son, who is coaching at Gardner-Webb never says anything bad about anybody. Not impuning his integrity or desire just his intelligence. Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Really wasn't talking about that particular interview. My nephew edited the interview with him before the USC game (for the SC paper here in L.A). and the announcer (and my son) told us at halftime that he just didn't have a lot upstairs. I just would prefer not having a QB that reminds us of those glory years when J.P. Losman led our troops QBing the team. And my son, who is coaching at Gardner-Webb never says anything bad about anybody. Not impuning his integrity or desire just his intelligence.

well. Now that you have stated why you feel this way I will give you more credit. I still disagree. Any kid playing QB for a division 1 college team and pretty successfully is about as much of an answer I need. But I do respect your opinion. I agree somewhat, just don't think it matters much. Just like how Fitz is borderline genius (at least by NFL standards) but can't throw a damn ball.

Gotchya MO. I dont care if we have a brainless guy like JP quoting yoda and laughing if he can throw the rock and win games for us.

Remember Terry Bradshaw. Couldn't spell cat if you spotted him two letters. How'd he make out?

We are talking Football. Not Engineering or Physics of some sort.

Warm up to this guy. I'm willing to bet he is our # 8 pick and hope and pray it is the right pick and pulls us up out of this shithole we've been in so many years. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Really wasn't talking about that particular interview. My nephew edited the interview with him before the USC game (for the SC paper here in L.A). and the announcer (and my son) told us at halftime that he just didn't have a lot upstairs. I just would prefer not having a QB that reminds us of those glory years when J.P. Losman led our troops QBing the team. And my son, who is coaching at Gardner-Webb never says anything bad about anybody. Not impuning his integrity or desire just his intelligence.

No offense, but I have little confidence in your newphew's ability to judge if anyone has things going 'upstairs'.