Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

https://www.youtube....h?v=FDt6saeTxHM

try this out, As Ive said, I get to see a lot of SEC games, and this kid does indeed have a nice deep ball. I counted at least 5 passes where the ball travel 45 yds or more in the air and hits the WR in stride.

Impressive clip. Accurate, strong arm, has good touch, can move and makes good reads. Because of injuries and coaching turmoil he wasn't at his best this year. Right now he is my favorite qb prospect. I would be very happy if the Bills took him with the first pick.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so we should draft no QB's. Nassib will be a good-great pro.

What else is there to do at this time of year besides making thoughtless assumptions. Really, none of us know how any player drafted will turn out. I wanted Wilson last year=win. I wanted Colt McCoy also=bad. Speculation, guessing, it's all fun.

I think Marrone himself expects to make the Playoffs in year one with this team, even if Fitz is the QB. Running CJ more, and better D play and its possible we make it last year. Next years schedule is brutal though.

I seriously doubt he thinks they will the playoffs if Fitz is QB

Now we don;t want to draft him because he lifts up his foot on his follow through? Does it matter if the pass was completed or not?

Seems like people are trying pretty hard not to like this kid.

Uh yeah... It definetly matters when u get to the big leagues, son. Not too many UConn's and Stonybrooks on an NFL schedule

I really think the notion that we will pick him because of his ties to the Orange is a little overstated. If they have Barkley or Wilson or Smith etc. rated above Nassib and they are bound and determined to pick a QB then the highest rated one is a Bill. Heck, coach may be excited to see what Barkley, Wilson, et al can do with his offense. Let's not start worrying ...... yet

he clearly states he loves playing in a dome and not in cold weather...

He basically said playing in a dome without having to worry about the elements is easier. Is that incorrect or different from what any player would think?

Several web sites rank Nassib between 5th and 8th ranked senior QB in this years draft class. I would advocate patience and wait for the senior bowl games, NFL combines and pro days play out. Nassib, like the others, could i mprove their stock or reinforce established assessments. Marrone may really like Nassib, which is not surprising. Once he gets to look at the other QBs available and along with Nix and Whaley they may target another QB that they like better. Don't forget the Seattle offense, a hybrid of the San Francisco offense, is the hot and new offensive attack that other teams will try to employ next season. Buffalo may be one of those teams so look to QBs that fall into that mold. I look forward to the next 3months and what the predraft hysteria brings.

Ol Dirty Nassib... that's what I am calling him (even though we are drafting Barkley)

ps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNAFyp4fKTg

he clearly states he loves playing in a dome and not in cold weather...

OMG Just a little too much Blake Griffin in the noodle if you know what I mean. Would prefer my QB to have more on the ball than my CB'S. No Thanks. Very disappointed Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Knowing Nassib's strengths and weaknesses puts the Bills in the best position to make the decision on him. He would be in the unique situation that he knows Hackett's Offensive inside and out. It would allow him to take a leadership role as he could be instrumental in teaching the offense to veterans. Also his learning curve jumping from college to the NFL would be easier as he knows the offense already. This would allow him to concentrate on learning to read NFL Defenses.

Brad Riter has a great take on the situation. http://www.trendingb...in-first-round/

Knowing Nassib's strengths and weaknesses puts the Bills in the best position to make the decision on him. He would be in the unique situation that he knows Hackett's Offensive inside and out. It would allow him to take a leadership role as he could be instrumental in teaching the offense to veterans. Also his learning curve jumping from college to the NFL would be easier as he knows the offense already. This would allow him to concentrate on learning to read NFL Defenses.

Brad Riter has a great take on the situation. http://www.trendingb...in-first-round/

nice Article!

The Bills are in a nice spot here, holding infinitely more information on this guy than any other team.

Imagine you’re the New York Jets, holding the ninth pick in April’s NFL Draft. Now let’s assume you’re thinking of drafting a QB. Well, there’s really no reason to even think about Nassib. If the Bills take him at 8, you wanted him. If they don’t want him, neither do you.

If the Bills select Nassib, they’re right. If they pass on him, they’re also right. <-- Exactly!

Here’s hoping they deem him worthy.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me this is unprecedented -- hiring a new HC and OC who have an opportunity to bring in the college QB they've both just coached for four years. Marrone and Hackett are the only two people in the world who have the best idea of whether or not Nassib has what it takes to perform at a high level in the NFL. If they are convinced of his ability and potential, then RUN, don't walk, to the podium at #8 and select his name.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me this is unprecedented -- hiring a new HC and OC who have an opportunity to bring in the college QB they've both just coached for four years. Marrone and Hackett are the only two people in the world who have the best idea of whether or not Nassib has what it takes to perform at a high level in the NFL. If they are convinced of his ability and potential, then RUN, don't walk, to the podium at #8 and select his name.

....and if they assess a different QB as having a better chance to be "the guy", there is nothing apart from an irrational fear of them having a blinding man-love for him to stop them from going with the player that they perceive as having the best chance to succeed.

And, it could work exactly the opposite. The coaches know his strengths and weaknesses and decide to move in a different direction.

....and if they assess a different QB as having a better chance to be "the guy", there is nothing apart from an irrational fear of them having a blinding man-love for him to stop them from going with the player that they perceive as having the best chance to succeed.

Of course. This could be the biggest misdirection play ever -- talk Nassib up with the intention of going elsewhere.

I think it's a huge benefit that Marrone coached Nassib and also scouted Geno Smith, Matt Barkley amongst others coming out. If someone is going to make the QB decision I'm glad Marrone is involved because he's going to have a real good idea who's legit and not.

agreed

Have they actually talked up anyone ... I am pretty sure we(fans) are the only ones talking Nassib up.

Both Marrone and Hackett have expressed mad love for Nassib, and both have made comments to the effect he "will play" in the NFL. Nothing out of the ordinary from two guys who coached the kid for four years, though. Marrone specifically addressed the Nassib question in the context of bringing in Hackett -- said it has nothing to do with who the Bills will draft.

Edited by eball

When Jimmy Johnson took over the Cowboys, they drafted Troy Aikman with the 1st overall pick. But they also took Steve Walsh with its first pick in the supplemental draft, who was his quarterback at Miami. Cost them the first overall pick in the 90 draft if I'm remembering correctly