How about this as a draft?

I just made post about selecting Cordarelle Patterson or Tyler Eifert at 8 and which would be the better pick. After thinking about a full draft i came up with this:

Rd1#8: Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee: I would love Eifert here as i stated before but that may be a little high for a tight end. There is another tight end i have had my eye on also i'll leave that for the next round. Which is why i would pass on Eifert here

Rd2#41: Zach Ertz TE Stanford: This guy is also a monster. Not quite as much so as Eifert but would still be very good at the next level and another great weapon for our offense

Rd3#71: Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU: This guy is the steal of the draft to me. I know he didn't play last year but we all know what this guy was like in 2010 and 2011 where he made plays all over the field. Even with the drug issues he has had this is a great bargain in the 3rd round

Rd4#105: Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina: Love how instinctive this guy is. Would be a great addition to our defense at a major position of need as well

Rd5#143: Matt Scott QB Arizona: With the signing of Kevin Kolb, i think it shows just how little faith people have in the quarterback class coming out this year. Considering there is better options for a quarterback next season and that we probably won't make the playoffs anyway, I think we can roll a year with Kolb or TJ as the starter and get our franchise guy next year so we don't need to go quarterback early. That said, Matt Scott would be a great pick in the 5th round. He may go a little earlier but he may also be there for this pick also. He has already drawn comparisons to Colin Kaepernick and in the 5th round would be a very nice addition as a developmental guy

Rd6: Alec Lemon WR Syracuse: Lemon is a good receiver and is a guy we can wait this late in the draft to get. Our receiver postion right now is really depleted so we should go after two if we could. Him and Patterson would be nice in our offense and we all know that he's a marrone guy having coached him in syracuse

Well there it is fellow fans....What do you all think?

Trade down and take best lb or guard in first round in rounds 2 and 3 with extra pick go tyler wilson, wr, and lb or guard whatever they don't get in rd 1...take a te and another wr in 4 and 5....sign a corner in fa there are several good ones still out there

Edited by billstolast

I just do not get the love affair this board has with Patterson. Spending the #8 pick on a one year wonder is worse than spending the #11 pick on a one year wonder(Maybin). The guy wasn't even consistent in his one year of "greatness". And before people bring up his juco stats, remember that was JUCO!

I just do not get the love affair this board has with Patterson. Spending the #8 pick on a one year wonder is worse than spending the #11 pick on a one year wonder(Maybin). The guy wasn't even consistent in his one year of "greatness". And before people bring up his juco stats, remember that was JUCO!

Would you be okay with Ziggy Ansah? He is the definition of a 1 year wonder and will most likely be gone by 8.

I can only speak for myself. I like Patterson and would be happy with the pick. Do I like him like AJ Green coming out -no. I just think that WR is a HUGE need and the opportunity to take the top WR in the draft is appealing.

Not to mention outside of AJ Jenkins the majority of WR to go early lately have turned into good players. The college passing game has gotten so much closer to the pro game that guys are coming out more prepared and there are fewer busts.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I just made post about selecting Cordarelle Patterson or Tyler Eifert at 8 and which would be the better pick. After thinking about a full draft i came up with this:

Rd1#8: Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee: I would love Eifert here as i stated before but that may be a little high for a tight end. There is another tight end i have had my eye on also i'll leave that for the next round. Which is why i would pass on Eifert here

Rd2#41: Zach Ertz TE Stanford: This guy is also a monster. Not quite as much so as Eifert but would still be very good at the next level and another great weapon for our offense

Rd3#71: Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU: This guy is the steal of the draft to me. I know he didn't play last year but we all know what this guy was like in 2010 and 2011 where he made plays all over the field. Even with the drug issues he has had this is a great bargain in the 3rd round

Rd4#105: Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina: Love how instinctive this guy is. Would be a great addition to our defense at a major position of need as well

Rd5#143: Matt Scott QB Arizona: With the signing of Kevin Kolb, i think it shows just how little faith people have in the quarterback class coming out this year. Considering there is better options for a quarterback next season and that we probably won't make the playoffs anyway, I think we can roll a year with Kolb or TJ as the starter and get our franchise guy next year so we don't need to go quarterback early. That said, Matt Scott would be a great pick in the 5th round. He may go a little earlier but he may also be there for this pick also. He has already drawn comparisons to Colin Kaepernick and in the 5th round would be a very nice addition as a developmental guy

Rd6: Alec Lemon WR Syracuse: Lemon is a good receiver and is a guy we can wait this late in the draft to get. Our receiver postion right now is really depleted so we should go after two if we could. Him and Patterson would be nice in our offense and we all know that he's a marrone guy having coached him in syracuse

Well there it is fellow fans....What do you all think?

There's too much buzz around Matt Scott for him to last till the 5th Round...I doubt very much he gets out of the early part of the 3rd...If that...

And if the Bills were to wait until the 5th Round to Draft a QB I would seriously consider them to at least be in the argument for the dumbest Franchise in the history of the NFL... B-)

There's too much buzz around Matt Scott for him to last till the 5th Round...I doubt very much he gets out of the early part of the 3rd...If that...

And if the Bills were to wait until the 5th Round to Draft a QB I would seriously consider them to at least be in the argument for the dumbest Franchise in the history of the NFL... B-)

Well since every quarterback coming out this year all have questions I dont think waiting till the 5th is a bad idea. There are much better prospects coming out next year. We dont really need a quarterback this year and shouldnt just take one to take one. What would be the difference of taking a quarterback in the 3rd or 5th its not like either one is gonna be a huge difference maker. Those quarterbacks arent in this draft

Well since every quarterback coming out this year all have questions I dont think waiting till the 5th is a bad idea. There are much better prospects coming out next year. We dont really need a quarterback this year and shouldnt just take one to take one. What would be the difference of taking a quarterback in the 3rd or 5th its not like either one is gonna be a huge difference maker. Those quarterbacks arent in this draft

So...You think no QB in this Draft has better 1-3 year potential than Kolb or TJax? :huh:

We'll see...I respectfully disagree...

Plus...To say the Bills don't need a QB based on the current depth chart? After what this team has been through since...well...at least recent memory at the QB position? That is, IMHO, quite a bold statement...And you can't plan on next year...Way, way, way too many variables... B-)

So...You think no QB in this Draft has better 1-3 year potential than Kolb or TJax? :huh:

We'll see...I respectfully disagree...

Plus...To say the Bills don't need a QB based on the current depth chart? After what this team has been through since...well...at least recent memory at the QB position? That is, IMHO, quite a bold statement...And you can't plan on next year...Way, way, way too many variables... B-)

I'm no disagreeing with u I'm simply saying rolling with Kolb for one season not three is worth it. I dont want to go with Kolb or Jackson for more than a year either. We arent going to make the playoffs this year anyway so drafting a quarterback with a lot of questions wouldnt make as much sense to pick this year even if they sat for a year behind one of these guys. This franchise is stupid when it comes to drafting. Instead of doing something like waiting till next year to get a much better prospect they will draft one or two of the crappy qbs coming out this year and completely avoid taking one next year. Now whats worse drafting one or two qbs that are not that good this year which would be equivalent to Kolb or TJ starting for the next 5 years and wouldnt help us at all or go with one year of Kolb or TJ and get a better franchise guy next year that can lead our team for the next 10-15 years. Im going with the second option

I'm no disagreeing with u I'm simply saying rolling with Kolb for one season not three is worth it. I dont want to go with Kolb or Jackson for more than a year either. We arent going to make the playoffs this year anyway so drafting a quarterback with a lot of questions wouldnt make as much sense to pick this year even if they sat for a year behind one of these guys. This franchise is stupid when it comes to drafting. Instead of doing something like waiting till next year to get a much better prospect they will draft one or two of the crappy qbs coming out this year and completely avoid taking one next year. Now whats worse drafting one or two qbs that are not that good this year which would be equivalent to Kolb or TJ starting for the next 5 years and wouldnt help us at all or go with one year of Kolb or TJ and get a better franchise guy next year that can lead our team for the next 10-15 years. Im going with the second option

You can't plan on Drafting a better QB in 2014...You just can't...You can hope, but you can't plan...

And by no means is this Draft class a bunch of crappy QB's...Yes there is no Luck, RGII, or Cam...Yes these prospects are all developmental in some way...But they all have talent to go along with their weaknesses...They are Coachable...And in the case of a few...Like Manuel and Geno...There are aspects of their game that are elite for a QB prospect...There is talent in this QB Draft class...It's just going to take good Coaching and the right situation to bring that talent out...Some will succeed, and some will fail...But one thing is certain...If you don't take one...You don't give yourself the chance of finding that diamond in the rough...There is all but zero chance of solving the long-range QB dilemma in Buffalo by taking one late, or not at all this Draft...All but none...

Here's a scenario...The Bills don't draft a QB in 2013...The Bills suck next year with Kolb and TJax only at QB...But they manage to squeak out 4 wins...Problem is Jacksonville finishes with only 2 wins...The Jets only win 3 games...And another team only wins 4 games, but they Draft ahead of the Bills...So the Bills Draft 4th...Johnny Football, who will only be a Redshirt Sophomore in 2013, decides to return for one more chance at a National Championship at A&M...Bridgewater and McCarron come out...And the first three picks are Bridgewater, McCarron, and Clowney...The Bills pick 4th...4th!!! And they are left with what? Aaron Murray? David Fales? Logan Thomas? That's why you can't plan for these things...If the Bills Draft a QB in the first three Rounds this year, and they get a shot at Bridgewater, McCarron, or Manziel in 2014, they'll still likely take one of them...But taking a young developmental prospect this Draft, a prospect they believe in, will certainly give the Bills insurance in case the evil Gods don't line up against them and assure a terrible 2013 season...

Lets not forget the Bills are not even considered the worst team in their Division right now...They have a decent O-Line, and two of the better RB's in the league...They have at least some talent on Defense, and a new DC who has a proven-recent track record...The assumption that they will be in position to get a truly elite QB in 2014 is premature at best...And I really don't care what anyone says about the 2014 QB Draft class...At this point right now there is a HUGE drop off after those top 3...And not a single one of those top 3 is a Sr next year...It's a complete and total crap-shoot right now to count on 2014 as the time to take a QB...The amount of things that would have to fall in place are staggering...Way, way, way too many variables...

I'll give you this much...Waiting until 2014 to Draft a QB certainly sounds like an idea that Buddy would approve...But I would not take that as a compliment...Just saying... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

NFL GM's never plan for two drafts away as too much can happen. Too many what if's. That said, not a bad board. The opposite philosophy of taking a QB in the second or first has less risk with the new salary cap for rookies. Now you can take a chance on a QB adn not over spend as you can do it again next year. Between the two you hope to get one frnachise guy and a qulaity back up. Kolb and TJ are stop gaps.

The Bills are definitely going to draft a QB. The only question is what round.

I have a question however: besides Tom Brady what QB taken in the 5th round or later (in recent years) ever amounted to anything?

More and more I'm thinking Patterson won't be there at 8. With his Julio Jones physicality and the instant success of aj green, someone before 8 can't resist and pulls the trigger on this guy. Could happen straight up or via trade down

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

You can't plan on Drafting a better QB in 2014...You just can't...You can hope, but you can't plan...

And by no means is this Draft class a bunch of crappy QB's...Yes there is no Luck, RGII, or Cam...Yes these prospects are all developmental in some way...But they all have talent to go along with their weaknesses...They are Coachable...And in the case of a few...Like Manuel and Geno...There are aspects of their game that are elite for a QB prospect...There is talent in this QB Draft class...It's just going to take good Coaching and the right situation to bring that talent out...Some will succeed, and some will fail...But one thing is certain...If you don't take one...You don't give yourself the chance of finding that diamond in the rough...There is all but zero chance of solving the long-range QB dilemma in Buffalo by taking one late, or not at all this Draft...All but none...

Here's a scenario...The Bills don't draft a QB in 2013...The Bills suck next year with Kolb and TJax only at QB...But they manage to squeak out 4 wins...Problem is Jacksonville finishes with only 2 wins...The Jets only win 3 games...And another team only wins 4 games, but they Draft ahead of the Bills...So the Bills Draft 4th...Johnny Football, who will only be a Redshirt Sophomore in 2013, decides to return for one more chance at a National Championship at A&M...Bridgewater and McCarron come out...And the first three picks are Bridgewater, McCarron, and Clowney...The Bills pick 4th...4th!!! And they are left with what? Aaron Murray? David Fales? Logan Thomas? That's why you can't plan for these things...If the Bills Draft a QB in the first three Rounds this year, and they get a shot at Bridgewater, McCarron, or Manziel in 2014, they'll still likely take one of them...But taking a young developmental prospect this Draft, a prospect they believe in, will certainly give the Bills insurance in case the evil Gods don't line up against them and assure a terrible 2013 season...

Lets not forget the Bills are not even considered the worst team in their Division right now...They have a decent O-Line, and two of the better RB's in the league...They have at least some talent on Defense, and a new DC who has a proven-recent track record...The assumption that they will be in position to get a truly elite QB in 2014 is premature at best...And I really don't care what anyone says about the 2014 QB Draft class...At this point right now there is a HUGE drop off after those top 3...And not a single one of those top 3 is a Sr next year...It's a complete and total crap-shoot right now to count on 2014 as the time to take a QB...The amount of things that would have to fall in place are staggering...Way, way, way too many variables...

I'll give you this much...Waiting until 2014 to Draft a QB certainly sounds like an idea that Buddy would approve...But I would not take that as a compliment...Just saying... B-)

You can look ahead one draft for a better qb prospect. You always have to think ahead in this league. For instance back in 04 we gave up our 05 first round pick to move back in the first round to take Losman. If we would have just been patient and looked ahead one draft we could have held onto that pick and got Aaron Rodgers in 05 instead of setting ourselves back another 4-5 years with Losman. We definitely could have gotten Rodgers to since he didnt go till nearly the bottom of the first round or we could have waited till the 3rd round the same year we got Losman to get Schaub. I get what your saying though. Im just saying we can wait till a later round this year to get a quarterback that isnt going to have a much worse off skill set than someone u can can get earlier. All the qbs coming out tjis year except for maybe Geno Smith are all "developmental" guys. There isnt much sense in getting a developmental guy in the 2nd when u can get another developmental guy in the 5th

Edited by bufffan031