How about this as a draft?

There is no way they wait until the fifth or sixth round to take a QB. Kolb is just Fitz with a restructured contract. His signing changes nothing. There are too many variables to wait until next year. Not pulling the trigger on a QB in early rounds is what got them in this mess.

One reason I'd like to see them trade back with their 1st round pick is to acquire an additional pick they can use on a QB and still restock other positions of need. Matt Scott in, say, the later half of the 2nd round would be ideal--- but there's no way he'll last past the 3rd let alone into the 5th.

Would you be okay with Ziggy Ansah? He is the definition of a 1 year wonder and will most likely be gone by 8.

I can only speak for myself. I like Patterson and would be happy with the pick. Do I like him like AJ Green coming out -no. I just think that WR is a HUGE need and the opportunity to take the top WR in the draft is appealing.

Not to mention outside of AJ Jenkins the majority of WR to go early lately have turned into good players. The college passing game has gotten so much closer to the pro game that guys are coming out more prepared and there are fewer busts.

I'm not a fan of Ansah either. I personally think the WR position is over-rated and that you should never take a risk on one that high. If you can get a sure fire guy like Megatron, AJ or Julio than yeah go for it but to risk the #8 on an inconsistent one year wonder scares me. Screams of the Maybin pick. Buddy and Whaley can't miss on this years first rounder and putting their eggs in a Patterson basket should scare them too. This draft will determine Nix's legacy and will be the beginning of Whaleys.

There is no way they wait until the fifth or sixth round to take a QB. Kolb is just Fitz with a restructured contract. His signing changes nothing. There are too many variables to wait until next year. Not pulling the trigger on a QB in early rounds is what got them in this mess.

I agree with this. HAVE to get a QB in rounds 1 or 2... maybe 3 max.