Would You Trade Out Of 1st Rd. This Year For a #2 And Next Years Possi

Nukethis

Just wondering here, but since the Bills are in obvious re-building mode for the umpteenth time would you trade the Bills 8th pick overall this year to a team that might be bad enough to give the bills a chance at the #1 overall pick in 2014 ? The trade would have to bring back the other teams 2nd round pick this year and their number 1 in 2014. The trade would also have to be with a team that is likely to have a poor record in 2013.Teams like Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland and maybe Arizona need more help than just a 1st round pick (as the Bills do) and since the 2014 draft has better qb's it might pay off in the long term to lose now, win later. We are all tired of the Bills chronic losing but I'm looking at the long term success of the Bills and would put up with more pain now if it pays off in future wins.

I have a couple of problems with this idea:

1) How do you pick which team you think is going to flop? Because if you're going to give them two first round talents, they may might not completely bomb. It seems like whoever bombs each year keeps changing, but who stays in the top 10 is pretty consistent.

2) There is real talent in this draft. It may not be quite where we want it, but if we are resigned to a flop year, I would much rather see a few talented rookies brought in and be built in anticipation.

Trading back in the draft for more picks? Yes, this seems like the year to do it. Gambling it all on getting two picks next year, who might, MIGHT give us a shot at a franchise QB which we very may well get in the second round doesn't seem like the answer.

I have a couple of problems with this idea:

1) How do you pick which team you think is going to flop? Because if you're going to give them two first round talents, they may might not completely bomb. It seems like whoever bombs each year keeps changing, but who stays in the top 10 is pretty consistent.

2) There is real talent in this draft. It may not be quite where we want it, but if we are resigned to a flop year, I would much rather see a few talented rookies brought in and be built in anticipation.

Trading back in the draft for more picks? Yes, this seems like the year to do it. Gambling it all on getting two picks next year, who might, MIGHT give us a shot at a franchise QB which we very may well get in the second round doesn't seem like the answer.

Its purely a gamble guessing which team is going to flop. I'm sure other teams would look at the Bills as one of those "flop" teams.

Thats why I mentioned Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland and Arizona as possible trading partners. I actually left out the team that I think

may have the worst record in football this year as they're a divisoional rival and most teams shy from trading in division................

J-E-T-S, J-E-T-S, J-E-T-S

I honestly believe they may be the worst team in the NFL with all of the vets released and their poor personnel moves.

No fan of the Bills should be saying they think another team is bad, or the worst team in the NFL, because there are twice as many people saying that about the Bills. At this point, the Bills are nosediving into an even worse team, so many holes, does it really matter?

No fan of the Bills should be saying they think another team is bad, or the worst team in the NFL, because there are twice as many people saying that about the Bills. At this point, the Bills are nosediving into an even worse team, so many holes, does it really matter?

Thats why it might not be such a gamble to trade this years pick for long range gain.

We all know its a bad team that needs a top qb, not a fringe guy who might be another Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder,etc.

We might get lucky and find another Russell wilson but thats just pure luck. All 32 teams passed on him at least twice including Seattle.

Just wondering here, but since the Bills are in obvious re-building mode for the umpteenth time would you trade the Bills 8th pick overall this year to a team that might be bad enough to give the bills a chance at the #1 overall pick in 2014 ? The trade would have to bring back the other teams 2nd round pick this year and their number 1 in 2014. The trade would also have to be with a team that is likely to have a poor record in 2013.Teams like Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland and maybe Arizona need more help than just a 1st round pick (as the Bills do) and since the 2014 draft has better qb's it might pay off in the long term to lose now, win later. We are all tired of the Bills chronic losing but I'm looking at the long term success of the Bills and would put up with more pain now if it pays off in future wins.

This is actually a pretty interesting idea. Swap our #1 this year for someone else's #1 next year plus whatever extra pick this year that makes the deal fair, probably a 2 or likely a 3 this year . Then take both of our #1's next year and trade them for the overall #1 pick next year. I like it, if you believe an awesome QB talent is coming out next year or you just want to make sure you have a shot at the wrecking crew called Jadaveon Clowney , likely to be #1 overall next year. I like this, very creative , and you still have 6 picks in a deep draft this year.

Getting anyones 1st round in 2014 is a no brainer for this team.

I don't care if its the Ravens.

Get a second 2014 1st and a second 2013 2nd and maybe someother stuff to balance if its a low 2013 2nd.

The Bills are already favorites for the 2014 #1 overall having a second 1st will make it much easier to trade up and get Bridgewater or Manziel.

The flip is in the 2013 draft you absolutely cannot trade the 2014 1st to move back into the 1st round. Cannot.

It would be history repeating itself.

The Bills basically traded Aaron Rodgers for JP LOSSman. That's a bad trade.

thinking about how we only have 6 picks and some have 11 or 14, i am jealous. not hot on dropping out of the first entirely, but i'd consider dropping a lot if it meant a #1 next year. like say Minnesota's 23rd and a 3rd and next year's first, for our 8th pick. then we'd stil have the ammo to move our 2nd rounder up to near the bottom of the first. would work for me, if it came up. not many teams would want to do something like that of course, but there's someone's target sitting there at 8, who knows.

Definitely. This draft is weak sauce at the top of the board. If we can't get geno, Barkley or Jarvis jones trade down. Even if we can get one, trading down for a couple picks and a 1st next year is a no brainer.

Unless I was in love with one of the QBs in this year's draft, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

While the concept is sound, I emotionally have a problem with sitting out yet another year already. While it no doubt would be best for the team in the long run, I don't think I could endure the sacrifice this year after all the other consecutive miserable years we have endured.

How funny. I was actually discussing this very same idea with my brothers. I'd love to see the Bills make this move. Next year will be the year to grab a QB. Bridgewater, Manziel, McCarron, Murray, and Boyd are all better than this years' QB crop. If we can suck real bad this year and end up with the 1st overall we can easily end up Clowney and McCarron. Now that's a great way to improve your club!

I like the idea of trading down, and I'm comfortable with the idea of trading current picks for future picks (especially since the Bills seem to have little to no interest in improving the 2013 roster). However, giving up #8 for a 2nd-rounder and a future #1 seems like a bit of a stretch. I think even the Chiefs or Jaguars would need to add more in to make it fair. And I also doubt that any team in the top ten would be optimistic enough that adding a second top-10 player in a relatively stud-free draft would justify the risk of giving up next year's first-rounder.

I think a more likely scenario would be trading down once or multiple times, then trading your new pick (somewhere in the 20s) to a good team (or at least a team that THINKS it's good) for their 2nd rounder this year and 1st next year. Then you hope that team crashes and burns, but even if it doesn't, you've picked up an extra pick over the 2 year span, and that's not counting whatever you got for trading down from #8.

This is actually a pretty interesting idea. Swap our #1 this year for someone else's #1 next year plus whatever extra pick this year that makes the deal fair, probably a 2 or likely a 3 this year . Then take both of our #1's next year and trade them for the overall #1 pick next year. I like it, if you believe an awesome QB talent is coming out next year or you just want to make sure you have a shot at the wrecking crew called Jadaveon Clowney , likely to be #1 overall next year. I like this, very creative , and you still have 6 picks in a deep draft this year.

Simulated Drafts by using this idea, swapping our #1 this year for someone else's #1 next year plus a mid-RD2:

Green Bay wants Damonte Moore:

1 26 Green Bay Damontre Moore OLB34 Texas A&M

2 41 Buffalo Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas

2 55 Buffalo Robert Woods WRF USC

3 71 Buffalo Vance McDonald TE Rice

4 105 Buffalo Terron Armstead OT Arkansas - Pine Bluff

5 143 Buffalo Malliciah Goodman DE34 Clemson

6 177 Buffalo Travis Long OLB34 Washington State

Dallas wants a falling Sharrif Floyd:

1 8 Dallas Sharrif Floyd DT43 Florida

2 41 Buffalo Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

2 47 Buffalo DeAndre Hopkins WRF Clemson

3 71 Buffalo Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse

4 105 Buffalo Joseph Fauria TE UCLA

5 143 Buffalo Malliciah Goodman DE34 Clemson

6 177 Buffalo J.C. Tretter OG Cornell

Getting anyones 1st round in 2014 is a no brainer for this team.

I don't care if its the Ravens.

Get a second 2014 1st and a second 2013 2nd and maybe someother stuff to balance if its a low 2013 2nd.

The Bills are already favorites for the 2014 #1 overall having a second 1st will make it much easier to trade up and get Bridgewater or Manziel.

The flip is in the 2013 draft you absolutely cannot trade the 2014 1st to move back into the 1st round. Cannot.

It would be history repeating itself.

The Bills basically traded Aaron Rodgers for JP LOSSman. That's a bad trade.

dear lord. we have lost a guard and fitz (who might not have been the best qb on the roster last year anyway), and a couple of low level guys that will struggle to find work. the roster isnt that radically changed and the talk has gone from playoff run to likely #1 pick.... despite being yet to finish adding draft picks, and potential FAs.

odds are, we end up very similar to last year without some dramatic change. middle of the pack in the non-playoff teams.

dear lord. we have lost a guard and fitz (who might not have been the best qb on the roster last year anyway), and a couple of low level guys that will struggle to find work. the roster isnt that radically changed and the talk has gone from playoff run to likely #1 pick.... despite being yet to finish adding draft picks, and potential FAs.

odds are, we end up very similar to last year without some dramatic change. middle of the pack in the non-playoff teams.

The Needle is pointing down. So #8 overall pick in 2014 will be a stretch.

Honestly what team has better shot at the #1 overall pick in 2014? The Jags? Raiders? Not too many teams have an inside position on the #1 overall pick over the Bills at this point in time.

the coming season is lost. we all need to accept that now. with that schedule and who the heck knows at QB and NFL rookie coaches on offense, please.... so, we need draft picks, high ones, as many as we can get, as no decent Free agent is coming here in the next couple years.. the draft is the only way