ESPN Insider : McShay latest 2 rd mock draft

Dat Dude

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree, the Bills set precedent by showing they do not value Guard play that high. they may not be the same exact player but close enough.

if they won't pay their own guy 7.8M, i don't see how they use a top 10 pick on one and pay him 5M dollars. that seems... well, stupid.

Do you even know who Chance Warmack is?

nobody picks a guard that high. we need LB help more than an interior offensive lineman. does he just pull these picks out of his butt or what?

While you're 100% correct, remember you're dealing with the Bills. As a general rule, I don't think taking a running back in the first round is ever the smart thing to do (with the possible exception of a "once in a lifetime guy," and even then I'm no so sure about it). Yet the Bills have taken THREE of them in the last decade. Two of them are no longer with the team and the third one has had difficulty getting playing time over a free agent. So just because it doesn't make sense to take a guard at #8 doesn't mean the Brain Trust won't do it.

God help us, I can see those bozos doing this.

They are bozos...No question... ;)

But I don't see them taking an OG at #8 because, bozos or not, it does not fit their organizational philosophy whatsoever...And if anyone here, or a guy like McShay, wanted to actually do just a little investigating...or even some deductive reasoning...they would realize that Warmack to The Bills is a long, long shot...

The Bills did not want to pay Levitre premium cash...So now they're going to Draft an OG at #8? If they don't value the position enough to spend big money in Free Agency they are not going to value the position enough to use a Top 10 pick either...Buddy has said on numerous occasions that The Bills do not Draft OG's...At least not high...They Draft OT's because you can always move them inside...

If someone wants to make an argument for Lane Johnson at #8 overall then I'm listening...At least he's an OT...And that fits the philosophy...But I would be flat out shocked if they took Warmack at #8...It makes no sense...You can get good OG's off the scrap heap... B-)

If they are going to take an OL in the first round, I would rather that they draft a legitimate LT (Like Fisher if he is there) and then move Glenn inside. Could have an OL loaded with Pro Bowlers. Nassib would be a no-brainer in the 2nd round.

Hell no he's not a guard.

You guys don't see it....

CJ in his 4th season is just about ready to be as good as O.J...yes I think he is that good.

Why not draft a player who might best help him get there??

This is a two year plan guys, who thinks the Bills make the playoffs this year anyway?

Draft Warmack, improve the run game and pass game protection wise.

Draft Matt Scott in the second round, I think this kid is under than radar. Bucky Brooks on NFL.com compares him to Russell Wilson.

Seriously we ought to consider him at 8. I think with him C.J. will break 2000. Well at least with him and Freddie combined.

I'm saying I would not be mad if the draft him.

I truly hate the idea of using a first round pick to fill a hole created during FA.

See: McKelvin, Leodis.

exactly, thats not how you build a team and why they have continued to go in circles with their cornerbacks

Edited by Max997

Levitre is not an elite guard. His is a good pass blocker (not great) and a good pulling guard. He is not a bad run blocker, but he's not a great one either. He gets overpowered a lot of times. He may be above average overall, but he's not in the Logan Mankins stratosphere.

Levitre does, or should get points for not missing a game in four seasons and versatility

Agree with all of this.

Buddy has said many times. We draft tackles. Some of those tackles will move to guard.

Makes me wonder about their plans with Hairston/Sanders...

I would go ballistic if they drafted a guard at #8. Not because I'm opposed to drafting a guard that high up, but that they obviously decided not to pay a guard the going rate of an upper echelon player of his position, which means it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to draft one that high up if they have no intention of paying a guard at top caliber level.

I would go ballistic if they drafted a guard at #8. Not because I'm opposed to drafting a guard that high up, but that they obviously decided not to pay a guard the going rate of an upper echelon player of his position, which means it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to draft one that high up if they have no intention of paying a guard at top caliber level.

I get what you're saying...I'm wondering: would it make any difference to you if you knew the team felt that Warmack was an elite level OG, whereas Levitre wasn't?

Not saying that's how they feel, or that they'd be correct to feel that way...just wondering if it would change your opinion at all?

David DeCastro went #24. Chance ain't going Top 10.

Plus why the hell would the Bills use a first round pick on a position they wouldn't pay to extend in Free Agency. It makes 0 sense even for the Bills.

If Warmack pans out the Bills have already set a precedent that they are not willing to pay top tier money for Guards. Therefore why would you take a Guard that high.

Edited by Why So Serious?

David DeCastro went #24. Chance ain't going Top 10.

Plus why the hell would the Bills use a first round pick on a position they wouldn't pay to extend in Free Agency. It makes 0 sense even for the Bills.

If Warmack pans out the Bills have already set a precedent that they are not willing to pay top tier money for Guards. Therefore why would you take a Guard that high.

I'll make the same point to you that I made to Magox above: it could be that they weren't willing to pay top tier money to Levitre, not just to a guard. If they felt that Levitre was very good, but not elite, then they're right not to pay him what he got. If they feel that Warmack is elite, they may feel differently about paying him.

I'm not saying that I agree with that approach, but rather that there may be more to it than simple devaluing of the OG position.

I'll make the same point to you that I made to Magox above: it could be that they weren't willing to pay top tier money to Levitre, not just to a guard. If they felt that Levitre was very good, but not elite, then they're right not to pay him what he got. If they feel that Warmack is elite, they may feel differently about paying him.

I'm not saying that I agree with that approach, but rather that there may be more to it than simple devaluing of the OG position.

very difficult to believe. even if they like Warmack or his style better, there are too many holes in this theory. one, he's unproven and two, yer using up a #8 pick just to make that *potential* upgrade. it's basically like trading a proven good player in Levitre AND the 8th overall pick for a slight upgrade in Warmack. with the other holes the Bills have, I cannot see how they could justify that, even for 2 million savings... not like they're up against it or anything.