Criticism of Nix

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never have taken TJ Graham myself in the third round, with other players there. But he was expected to go in the third or fourth round by a lot of people. NFL.com said he would go in the third. He was a sleeper pick on a lot of boards. So I would bet any amount of money there were all kinds of execs, scouts, GMs, coaches, and owners who didn't think it was a totally incompetent pick. He also, as evidenced above, outperformed most of the #2 and #3 picks in the draft.

With all due respect, Dog, Graham was hands down one of the worst receivers in the league last year. He would have sat on the bench if they hadn't lost their other receivers. How many drops did he have again? Wasn't his ratio of catches to drops the worst in the league? And didn't he almost single-handedly cost the Bills a victory against NE?

With all due respect, Dog, Graham was hands down one of the worst receivers in the league last year. He would have sat on the bench if they hadn't lost their other receivers. How many drops did he have again? Wasn't his ratio of catches to drops the worst in the league? And didn't he almost single-handedly cost the Bills a victory against NE?

And with all due respect, I said he "outperformed" most other guys in the second and third round. Playing more, getting more passes, more catches and more yards, even with the drops, is outperforming. Especially with the terrible QBing we got. He did drop a bunch of passes. I don't like him myself. And I also said, he was "infuriatingly bad" last year. He had like a 58% target to catch ratio which is not good at all but not the worst at all, especially because according to everyone here, Fitz couldn't throw one good pass a game.

And with all due respect, I said he "outperformed" most other guys in the second and third round. Playing more, getting more passes, more catches and more yards, even with the drops, is outperforming. Especially with the terrible QBing we got. He did drop a bunch of passes. I don't like him myself. And I also said, he was "infuriatingly bad" last year. He had like a 58% target to catch ratio which is not good at all but not the worst at all, especially because according to everyone here, Fitz couldn't throw one good pass a game.

I know what happened...Nix was thinking all along that TJ Graham was actually TY Hilton...it's those darn two initial names. So when we stepped to the podium with the 69th pick, we chose TJ Graham and meant to say TY Hilton (dangnabit). Turns out, Indy took TY Hilton at 92nd and he produced 870 yds and 7 TD's and we got 300 yds and 1 TD out of Graham. I mean, can you blame Nix for this? No sir...I'd be confused as well.

Fitz was doing great till he was clocked by Fletcher. Same thing with Edwards getting busted up by Adrian Wilson.....Ray Fosse getting jacked by Charlie Hustle.

I'm not a Nix fan. I hope he leaves soon. But I think we have been a bit unlucky these past few years. We had tons of injuries and some iffy drafting. (Troup being the best example of that) It is possible that TJ Graham can develop into a good receiver. He does get deep and open. Fitz underthrew him just about every time.

I also believe that Aaron Williams may develop into a special player with better coaching. When he was drafted, most pundits thought it was a good pick. Many had him going in the first.

We need a little luck and better coaching.

I've said before that we were a couple bad plays from being 9-6 last year, and we'd still have Gailey and Fitz. Thank God for that. The defense cannot possibly be worse than last year. Granted, we have no quarterback, but I think we'll get one.

Sometimes players need to get to a new team to flourish. Look at Brett Favre. Lamonica. Plunkett. Whoever said that Wilson might not have played here has a point. He became a player because his crazy coach decided to let him play. I was a big fan of his, being a fan of Wisconsin....and wanted the Bills to take him in the 3rd. Prayed he'd be there in the 4th.

Didn't work out. There are some quarterbacks available. Hopefully we get lucky.