Could we play Balitmore Thursday night season opener?

mead107

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the nfl is still trying to work out the home game for them from what i hear

the only way they play us is if they think a real opponent would be a blowout given their losses. they want a competitive game to kick the season off - not a blowout either way.

they want a competitive game to kick the season off - not a blowout either way.

Ideally, yes, but I'm sure the NFL knows its opener is going to draw massive ratings regardless of whom the Ravens play.

Edited by Barry Zuckerkorn

Ideally, yes, but I'm sure the NFL knows its opener is going to draw massive ratings regardless of whom the Ravens play.

and will be turned off in the 3rd quarter if its 30-7

they will pick a team that they think will keep it close.

they will pick a team that they think will keep it close.

Most likely, but the sacrificial lamb theory might hold a bit of water. It's already enough of a joke that the champs have to start on the road. Sending them to a place like Denver would be a double whammy of unfairness.

id bet miami, with the high priced free agents if they arent doing denver/pitt

they are trying for stadium renovations there, and this could be a nice little gift

wallace would be a steeler storyline for rivalry, as could ellerbe

they would likely win but in a good game

Edited by NoSaint

Good call. You'll probably be right.

never know, but miami makes sense to me. the nfl has pulled things out of left field before, and perhaps this is what gilmore is talking about.... but.... it just doesnt feel right if i had to put money on whether buffalo is the pick.

Possible destinations based on Baltimores schedule include Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, and Denver.

The most intriguing matchup comes in Denver, where the Ravens stunned the Broncos in the playoffs. But why should the Ravens have to roll into the lions den for their first game of the season? An argument could be made that the Ravens should be given the ability to choose their opponent for the Week One road opener (MAYBE THEY PICK THE BILLS ?)or at a minimum to veto the possibility of games at Denver or Pittsburgh.

The only certainty at this point is that the game wont be played in Cincinnati, since the Bengals have the same problem that forced the Ravens out of town.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/22/ravens-will-still-play-on-september-5-but-where/

Edited by papazoid

Can the Steelers not host them?

This would be the very obvious choice.

The Bills played them close in Baltimore a few years ago, but honestly what about Buffalo is compelling from a Netional stand point?

It would be like having the 49ers play Tampa Bay to start the year...if the 49ers had won.

chicago being a large market nfc team is a nice candidate too (as it wouldnt kill their tie breakers like an AFC loss). Lions have that perk too, along with some budding stars. Buffalo and cleveland are right at the bottom of the list (outside of cincy) if im putting odds on the destinations.