Lost 8 Starters, Replaced 1

Why do you have to put such sarcasm into your post? Do you hate life that much? It's stuff like this that makes this message board almost unreadable. Between the inmaturity of a lot of the posters combined with the nonsensical sarcasm of most of the rest, this place has become an absolute joke. Can't you just talk football in solid terms to show that you have somewhat of a brain, and that it actually can register to thinking about the great game of football? I sware that most of the crap on here is just that, crap!! The original poster is pissed like most of us that we have done NEXT TO NOTHING in free agency when we have tons of holes to fill on the roster. And this is the best you can come up with?

And what the hell is a Nanker anyways?

I can't believe the lack of respect for Nanker from this Board?? It is equivalent to Levitre, Rinehart and Long.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are sure that they guys we lost are so ****ty that it amounts to "addition by subtraction", how bad does that make the back-ups who are now going to be handed starting roles?

Sure FA isn't over yet, and sure we can get some help in the draft. But counting on anyone other than maybe a first and 2nd rounder to step in right away and start is a stretch. That means we need maybe 3 -4 more quality FAs? Plenty of time, but at some point that won't continue to be the case.

Edited by Endless Ike

Why do you have to put such sarcasm into your post? Do you hate life that much? It's stuff like this that makes this message board almost unreadable. Between the inmaturity of a lot of the posters combined with the nonsensical sarcasm of most of the rest, this place has become an absolute joke. Can't you just talk football in solid terms to show that you have somewhat of a brain, and that it actually can register to thinking about the great game of football? I sware that most of the crap on here is just that, crap!! The original poster is pissed like most of us that we have done NEXT TO NOTHING in free agency when we have tons of holes to fill on the roster. And this is the best you can come up with?

And what the hell is a Nanker anyways?

Calm down Sally. Free agency started a week ago. Lets all back away from the ledge. Lots of people post with sarcasm here, not all that uncommon.

Every single day someone starts a thread like this it seems. So people get annoyed and post sarcastic comments like that. How about people use a damn search function instead of rehashing the same **** every day?

For those of you who are sure that they guys we lost are so ****ty that it amounts to "addition by subtraction", how bad does that make the back-ups who are now going to be handed starting roles?

You skipped a wee little step in your logic. You are assuming the "back-ups" will earn a starting role over rookie draft picks, UDFA's and FA's who may be signed anytime between now and the end of free agency. Hold tight brother...the ride isn't over yet.

You skipped a wee little step in your logic. You are assuming the "back-ups" will earn a starting role over rookie draft picks, UDFA's and FA's who may be signed anytime between now and the end of free agency. Hold tight brother...the ride isn't over yet.

This is no place for logic! We have too many emooooootions bubbling over! OBD isnt signing every guy Ive heard of, they must have no plan!

Not really, otherwise it wouldn't be addition by subtraction. it woudl be addition by addition (of new players)

This is no place for logic! We have too many emooooootions bubbling over! OBD isnt signing every guy Ive heard of, they must have no plan!

Calm'n you are, dude.

He is actually a very good WR. The Bills just never used him as one.

I think the reason Brad Smith is still here is because of coach Pettine. Pettine knows what they did with him with the Jets and he also knows he was terribly or improperly used by the Bills. Pettine may have went to Marrone and told this that Smith can play and that Gailey is an idiot.

Not really, otherwise it wouldn't be addition by subtraction. it woudl be addition by addition (of new players)

Ike - We made a gigantic splash with Mario last year. We signed a solid, young LB this year. We have some players to sign next year. We will add more players in the week or month to come. You cannot go out and buy every player on the market whose name starts with Mike or ends with Landry. In my opinion (which isn't worth #@!$), the front office is taking the conservative approach to maintain a well balanced team for years to come. Sign quality players at a reasonable price while understanding we have cornerstone players to re-sign in the offseason of 2014. If we signed a total of three free agents in the first week you might be happy unless you had to cut that same player next year to make room for Spiller or Dareus. Why not take your time, find the right players at the right price and still have Spiller, Dareus, Wood, etc. Analytics is a tough pill to swallow but I'm buying what they are selling.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Assuming this isn't sarcasm... name all the teams that went from the cellar to a winning record by starting a couple rookies, a few low tier FAs and an UDFA or two. These new, unproven players are starting at fairly important positions, as well, like QB, WR, OL, & LB. Add to the second rate talent, that a college program is being installed and I'm afraid we have a recipe for failure.

Ike - We made a gigantic splash with Mario last year. We signed a solid, young LB this year. We have some players to sign next year. We will add more players in the week or month to come. You cannot go out and buy every player on the market whose name starts with Mike or ends with Landry. In my opinion (which isn't worth #@!$), the front office is taking the conservative approach to maintain a well balanced team for years to come. Sign quality players at a reasonable price while understanding we have cornerstone players to re-sign in the offseason of 2014. If we signed a total of three free agents in the first week you might be happy unless you had to cut that same player next year to make room for Spiller or Dareus. Why not take your time, find the right players at the right price and still have Spiller, Dareus, Wood, etc. Analytics is a tough pill to swallow but I'm buying what they are selling.

False dichotomy. There's an entire universe between "no free agents visiting" and "Buying every player on the market"

Assuming this isn't sarcasm... name all the teams that went from the cellar to a winning record by starting a couple rookies, a few low tier FAs and an UDFA or two. These new, unproven players are starting at fairly important positions, as well, like QB, WR, OL, & LB. Add to the second rate talent, that a college program is being installed and I'm afraid we have a recipe for failure.

The colts about a year ago. The dolphins did pretty well a few years ago

False dichotomy. There's an entire universe between "no free agents visiting" and "Buying every player on the market"

I didn't see when Manny Lawson arrived at the airport and neither did Chris Brown. Don't believe Chris Brown's Twitter posts...it's all money to these guys and who can make the most insightful argument why the Bills are quiet. Wait a few weeks and we'll see where we are. In the meantime...Draft 2013 approaches. We'll fill holes there as well.

I think the reason Brad Smith is still here is because of coach Pettine. Pettine knows what they did with him with the Jets and he also knows he was terribly or improperly used by the Bills. Pettine may have went to Marrone and told this that Smith can play and that Gailey is an idiot.

The Jets "used" him as a kick returner. That's pretty much it. 7 passes in 4 years. 23 catches in his last 3 years there.

What did you mean?