New Stadium Already Being Discussed?

BRAWNDO

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell...let go balls deep and build a new retractable roof stadium that can also be converted to baseball so when MLB come's begging WNY is ready!! ....as you can tell there is sarcasm all over this!!! WNY should have got a team in the first place but let MLB deal with the dead wood fans in Florida. In reality, that would fill a lot of dates but also make the price astronomical if it was built right. which leads to....

...As for financing, hold on to your hat, even down here in Horseheads the local station ran a story about how the Bills are getting money but cancer funding is getting cut from the crappy state budget. I guess it was all right to build new stadiums for the Shankees, Mutts and cut everybody else....grrr.

It was Bass Pro that led the city by the nose for ten years. They had no real intention on building a store downtown. Fault the city clowns for not realizing that sooner.

Your point may be true. I don't know. But, No longer living in Buffalo for decades and shopping at a Bass Pro shop. Of all places a cheesy strip mall in Ca. A store while well stocked. But, really smaller than most Wallgreens. I just wonder why they would jerk around a city for years? Maybe part of it was the location and accessing it by boat? I don't know. But, it speaks volumes as to why Buffalo still remains in a state of decay. I can't believe a franchise store would even waste the effort if they didn't want a deal. Edited by Best Player Available

The only way to make a new stadium viable is to have it be a multi-purpose facility. A combo stadium and convention center makes sense. The model to copy is the new multi-purpose facility in Indianapolis. The current convention center in Buffalo is small and antiquated. Instead of putting any more money in that facility or build another facility it would make sense to merge a stadium project with a convention type facility.

One of the major stumbling blocks in moving forward with a stadium project is that no one knows what is going to happen after Ralph Wilson passes. Until that issue is resolved I see little progress being made on stadium project.

Well Buffalo already hosts NCAA basketball and hockey regionals. They could get a Final Four. They could bring back the International Bowl. They could have an annual stadium game vs the Maple Leafs. There aren't dozens if events but there are a few.

PTR

There is zero chance they will get a Final Four--or a SB, for that matter. Indy has 13,000 hotel rooms. The City of Buffalo has only 1800. Erie county has only 9100.

All of which(except for the FInal Four which is a pipe dream new stadium or not) could be held at FNC or RWS. Bottom line...if a new stadium is built regardless of open air, domed, or retractable roof, plan on it being used 8 times a year.

This is more likely.

Your point may be true. I don't know. But, No longer living in Buffalo for decades and shopping at a Bass Pro shop. Of all places a cheesy strip mall in Ca. A store while well stocked. But, really smaller than most Wallgreens. I just wonder why they would jerk around a city for years? Maybe part of it was the location and accessing it by boat? I don't know. But, it speaks volumes as to why Buffalo still remains in a state of decay. I can't believe a franchise store would even waste the effort if they didn't want a deal.

It ain't just Buffalo. It is New York State. And most certainly any and every community west and north of Albany. New York State is easily the worst run state in the country When a business gets lured or wants to come to NYS, the first thing they want are tex and energy breaks. Why? Because NYS taxes, energy costs, and workers comp. insurance are the highest in the country. Their property taxes rate in the top 5. Their gasoline tax is the hghest in the country, cigarette taxes are the highest in the country. They are ranked last in being business friendly. The population is aging and high school and college grads are leaving the state in droves... that's all fact.

To make matters worse, the one big thing that could jump start the economy, hydrofracking, the populace in upstate is so dead set against it's insane. Especially when you consider there is no scientific evidence that it's harmful. Every piece of so called evidence these anti frackers place on the table is simply theory, bulls#it, and emmotional.

I'm already in the process of laying the ground work to exit the s#hithole state I've called home for my entire life in 3-5 years.

Bottom line... in NYS Business doesn't jerk us around. The NYS government jerks businesses around. No business has NYS state on there list to locate to (unless it is NYC). Bass Pro aint jerking aynyone around... they want to make a buck like anyone else... and they can't in this state.

I agree!

Google is a friend in this instance. http://www.pbs.org/programs/make-no-little-plans/

But just yesterday MSN.com had a story saying people that use google have alower iq as a result of using it.

I think MSN is stupid as a result.

Either that is the standard IQ as we know it is dumb. Googling shows an initiative to learn.

It ain't just Buffalo. It is New York State. And most certainly any and every community west and north of Albany. New York State is easily the worst run state in the country When a business gets lured or wants to come to NYS, the first thing they want are tex and energy breaks. Why? Because NYS taxes, energy costs, and workers comp. insurance are the highest in the country. Their property taxes rate in the top 5. Their gasoline tax is the hghest in the country, cigarette taxes are the highest in the country. They are ranked last in being business friendly. The population is aging and high school and college grads are leaving the state in droves... that's all fact.

To make matters worse, the one big thing that could jump start the economy, hydrofracking, the populace in upstate is so dead set against it's insane. Especially when you consider there is no scientific evidence that it's harmful. Every piece of so called evidence these anti frackers place on the table is simply theory, bulls#it, and emmotional.

I'm already in the process of laying the ground work to exit the s#hithole state I've called home for my entire life in 3-5 years.

Bottom line... in NYS Business doesn't jerk us around. The NYS government jerks businesses around. No business has NYS state on there list to locate to (unless it is NYC). Bass Pro aint jerking aynyone around... they want to make a buck like anyone else... and they can't in this state.

I just saw a state paid ad touting the NEW NY.... waste of money.

It's great around those two stadiums.

Putting it on the Bethlehem Steel site would be perfect. Kill two birds with one stone.

And, you wouldn't even have to worry about money, because superfunds sounds like an awful lot of money to me!

Then there should be no problem with the 18mile creek clean up project..

Oddly, I never even knew about the Niagara County one. I googled the Erie County one and it doesn't say anything about dioxins.

I know nothing about fishing, but I have a number of friends and my nephew who love it, and the mouth of 18 mile is supposed to be some of the best X fishing in the world. Don't ask me what fish the X is, though, because I forget!

But my googling came up an interesting fact. I always thought that the creek was 18 miles long, but both of them are named for how far they are from the Niagara River, going into Lakes Erie and Ontario, respectively.

Oddly, I never even knew about the Niagara County one. I googled the Erie County one and it doesn't say anything about dioxins.

I know nothing about fishing, but I have a number of friends and my nephew who love it, and the mouth of 18 mile is supposed to be some of the best X fishing in the world. Don't ask me what fish the X is, though, because I forget!

But my googling came up an interesting fact. I always thought that the creek was 18 miles long, but both of them are named for how far they are from the Niagara River, going into Lakes Erie and Ontario, respectively.

The mouth of which 18 mile? Fish x is steelhead[rainbow] or kings. I fished both for many years.

The one that empties into Erie in the town of Evans. Steelhead sounds right!

I would fish there at the mouth every March when they ran up. Great times, but God it's cold there at 6.00 am. Snag kings upriver in the fall when they ran too, but I don't think that's legal anymore. The kings are pretty much dead when they go in the river, but I think to many trout where getting ripped. I had the place almost to myself in the 70's, but last time I was back in 2009 there where a awful lot of cars parked by the blue bridge.

Well, my 17 year old nephew lives within a mile of there, and I saw him tweet tonight (he has no school tomorrow) "Who wants to go fishing in the morning?"..........I don't get it, but he loves it. A friend of mine also used to live right in that area. He loves living in Atlanta now, but I'm pretty sure the ONLY thing he misses besides us friends and family is Lake Erie fishing. When he comes home, he's obsessed with it.

Well, my 17 year old nephew lives within a mile of there, and I saw him tweet tonight (he has no school tomorrow) "Who wants to go fishing in the morning?"..........I don't get it, but he loves it. A friend of mine also used to live right in that area. He loves living in Atlanta now, but I'm pretty sure the ONLY thing he misses besides us friends and family is Lake Erie fishing. When he comes home, he's obsessed with it.

I have walked/fished every inch of the Hamburg 18 mile from the mouth to water valley. Shot a few deer there to. I just loved the place and I'm the same. way. As soon as I get back I am fishing or just roaming the woods at 18 mile.

I wish I could get into it, because I'm sure it's a great stress reliever. The odd thing with my nephew is that his great-grandfather, grandfather and father all loved to hunt. But, the fishing gene skipped a generation every time. His father hates it, so his grandfather taught him, because he loved, even though his father didn't!