Should the Bills trade UP to #1???

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say "nothing"......but I understand your point.

It only takes one team to feel that Geno is worthy of a top 4 spot for him to be selected in that range.

Speculation is fun & all......but I'm happy to wait to see what happens. :thumbsup:

Fo sho! :thumbsup:

Young led the longhorns to a 11-0 record and won the National Championship. His completion percentage was 65%. Rating 163.9. Rushed for over 2k yards and 26 td's in last 2 seasons.

Geno had a 7-6 record against not as hard competition. Had a 71% completion percentage. 163.9 rating.

Young led the longhorns to a 11-0 record and won the National Championship. His completion percentage was 65%. Rating 163.9. Rushed for over 2k yards and 26 td's in last 2 seasons.

Geno had a 7-6 record against not as hard competition. Had a 71% completion percentage. 163.9 rating.

And that Texas team would've steamrolled wvu, qbs aside.

Even in the losses geno tended to look a lot better than most realize. The see 7-6 and don't realize there was an 8 week stretch were the defense gave up over 50 points per game.

Edited by NoSaint

And that Texas team would've steamrolled wvu, qbs aside.

Even in the losses geno tended to look a lot better than most realize. The see 7-6 a d don't realize there was an 8 week stretch were the defense gave up over 50 points per game.

wow that sounds like the bills defense.........

It happened in 2010 and there was one other instance but I don't recall the particulars.

Originally owners of the 22nd overall pick entering the draft, the Patriots first traded that pick to the Denver Broncos to move down to the 24th spot. For that 22nd pick, New England received Denver’s fourth-round pick (No. 113 overall) in addition to pick No. 24. The Patriots then traded that No. 24 pick and a fourth-round pick (No. 119 overall) to the Dallas Cowboys for their first-round pick at No. 27 overall and a third-round pick (No. 90 overall).

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2010...2010-nfl-draft/

Oh, okay....then that's what I want them to do too. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

The real problem is we'd have to pay him #1 pick money, which isn't going to sit well with Ralph. I know he's supposedly not in charge but those really high checks don't write themselves, they need an extra signature.

wow that sounds like the bills defense.........

As a few have stated, rookie contracts are awesome now. No more stafford/Bradford backbreaking contracts are needed thank god.

And yea geno is ready for the bills defense to give up 50 all day, get er dun. Way more polished as a passer than VY could dream of.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

How about this? I'm willing to bet that Jake Long will re-sign with Miami. St Louis is desperate for a tackle. Lets trade our 8th overall to them for their 16th and 22nd overall picks. Lane Johnson should still be there at eight making this trade a possibility. With the two picks we acquire from the Rams we can draft Alec Ogletree and EJ Manuel in that order. I'd prefer that to trading up.

How about this? I'm willing to bet that Jake Long will re-sign with Miami. St Louis is desperate for a tackle. Lets trade our 8th overall to them for their 16th and 22nd overall picks. Lane Johnson should still be there at eight making this trade a possibility. With the two picks we acquire from the Rams we can draft Alec Ogletree and EJ Manuel in that order. I'd prefer that to trading up.

Yes this scenario has gotten wide play here and it's a fairly popular one.

It seems most people here would rather trade down than trade up and it seems the OTs are the major trade bait in a trade scenario.

And St Louis and San Francisco have been the most oft-mentioned trade partners.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I'm not getting any younger here ..... Do it !!!!! Get the QB and upgrade the O line that is already pretty good . Give the kid enough time for these 3rd tier WRs that are not yet on the team to get open . Every other QB is a gamble IMO ( but I like EJ ) . We won't move up because we are the Bills . Lets be honest . They will sit on their hands like they are now with FA . Forward thinking ? Ok Russ whatever ?!?!

The real problem is we'd have to pay him #1 pick money, which isn't going to sit well with Ralph. I know he's supposedly not in charge but those really high checks don't write themselves, they need an extra signature.

Didn't the Bills just make Mario the highest-paid defensive player? Hasn't the Bills payroll been in the top ten the last few years? Sheesh.

I like Geno a lot...More than most....I think his upside is very high...

But I'm not in favor of Trading anything from the 2014 Draft...As much as I like Geno I can honestly say I like McCarron, Bridgewater, and Manziel more...So I would be unwilling to give up anything in 2014...I would like to see them ADD picks to 2014...

I would much rather see The Bills pass on Geno this year, trade down a couple times in the 1st, take a QB with one of their first two Picks, and be prepared to make a big move in 2014 for a QB if necessary...

But that's just me... B-)

I agree 100% with everthing in here. Gino would be nice, but the guys coming out in 14 are much better. If we miss Gino, I'd rather fill the holes this year with the impressive depth the draft offers at LB, WR, TE, OG, Safety. Fill those holes, then the QB next year will be in great shape.

I'd be very happy with this. And it's more in line with Buddy's stated preference for more picks, not less. This also helps fill more holes in the roster.

Yes this scenario has gotten wide play here and it's a fairly popular one.

It seems most people here would rather trade down than trade up and it seems the OTs are the major trade bait in a trade scenario.

And St Louis and San Francisco have been the most oft-mentioned trade partners.

Well, the Bills are completely flush with great OTs in Glenn and Pears as starters and Welch and many others as camp fodder.

Are you suggesting that the Bills should draft an O-tackle?

I'm not understanding your sarcasm.

Oh, just thinking that taking a Pro Bowl caliber lineman in this draft might not be the sexy move, but it might be the best and right move down the road. But, Geno or Barkley or Nassib will definitely be more instantly marketable.

Oh, just thinking that taking a Pro Bowl caliber lineman in this draft might not be the sexy move, but it might be the best and right move down the road. But, Geno or Barkley or Nassib will definitely be more instantly marketable.

Who would you draft if you could draft any player?

For complete disclosure, I can tell you that I wouldn't draft an O-lineman.

I would take a QB but not any QB. I would take Manuel right now.

Who would you draft if you could draft any player?

For complete disclosure, I can tell you that I wouldn't draft an O-lineman.

I would take a QB but not any QB. I would take Manuel right now.

Is that because you think he is the best player in the entire draft or because you think he will be one of the 5 best QBs in the NFL in 4 years?