Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very pleased with Wilson or Geno Smith in Round 1. I agree that Wilson kind of got hung out to dry in a number of ways this season. The things I'd want to make sure of are whether there are lingering effects from the concussion, and that he seems like a guy who can adapt to his third system in three seasons.

I don't know about Wilson but Geno Smith looks like a toothpick and would be swept away in a good December wind at the Ralph

Stop your facting!

:lol: This should probably be in the God thread, but we should probably draft Geno Smith if only for his power to give TSW posters brain damage.

I have yet to see a reasoned argument against the guy that doesn't involve the Pinstripe Bowl as the only exhibited evidence.

I haven't seen anything that says he CAN play qb at the NFL level other than he is allegedly tough. Hell, Fitz and Trent were tough. Both got up after hellacious hits and kept trying. They just weren't good enough to win with. Joe Kaap and Bobby Douglas were tough too. I am sure Tim Tebow is as tough or tougher than Tyler Wilson and he can't play either.

not overly impressed with Tyler Wilson. The Wilson I liked was the one that the Seahawks drafted in the 3rd round last year. Some of Russell Wilsons best attributes are where Tyler Wilson struggles the most, IMO: pocket presence and throwing accurate on the run.

The best QB's in this league all share one common attribute. They can all make plays in muddied pockets. Obviously you have the Russell Wilsons and Lucks who can use their legs to move around and take off or throw on the run. But you also have the Flaccos, Bradys and Roethlisbergers, who have that keen pocket presence to keep their eyes downfield in a breaking down pocket, reposition themselves, get setuo and fire a strike downfield.

Now I realize prospects in the draft thave the ability to learn and improve, but when I look at Tyler Wilson as a prospect at this very moment, I don't see that key attribute in his game at all. On the flip side, this attribute was evidently clear when assessing both Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck coming out of college. Watch Tyler's game tape, and you'll see that when he's forced to move in the pocket he looks 1 - slow and 2 - loses a lot of accuracy and power on his throw.

Compare that to Nassib and I'm not wowed by him either, but I see a little bit more of that ability to keep the eyes downfield and deliver a catchable ball. And the best of them all, IMO, is Dysert. He really jumps out as a prospect when you assess his ability to create plays with his arm when the pocket begins to break down.

Edited by Estro

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?p=970273

He has the smallest hands of all the QBs at the senior bowl.

That is pretty small. That was Knock on Alex smith coming out and thought responsible for his fumbling problems. I'm biased towards guys who have the physical and athletic requirements for the position, but if theyve proven they can get it done otherwise so be it.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

"With the 8th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select.... Tyler Wilson..... Quartback...University of Arkansas" I like the sound of that :thumbsup: . Less than 94 days and #8 will be our QB and #14 can clean out his locker. No sacasm intended but Wilson doesn't need Fitz hangin around. A new era begins April 25, 2013. :D

I have no problem whatsoever with Wilson @8, assuming we don't go D... I think he's pretty good. Powerful arm. IMHO he's a much better athlete than barf-ley, and simply LIGHT YEARS ahead of Nassib in every meaningful way.

I would have liked to secure some of those KILLER LB's, and safeties, but Wilson is not a bad pick @8 if you really need a QB.

Edited by #34fan

Wilson appears to have taken the lead in Mobile, and as you may or may not know, at the Sr. Bowl, practice and interviews are more important than the actual game

http://www.arrowhead...ce-update-day-2

or this one

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Roundup-Buffalo-Goes-Deep-With-QB-Prospects/dc987bcb-4ba2-433f-942d-59839da3fd2a

Edited by CarolinaBill

:lol: This should probably be in the God thread, but we should probably draft Geno Smith if only for his power to give TSW posters brain damage.

I have yet to see a reasoned argument against the guy that doesn't involve the Pinstripe Bowl as the only exhibited evidence.

Maybe posters get Pat White and Geno Smith confused?

That is pretty small. That was Knock on Alex smith coming out and thought responsible for his fumbling problems. I'm biased towards guys who have the physical and athletic requirements for the position, but if theyve proven they can get it done otherwise so be it.

This isn't gonna sound right, but Wilson uses his eight inches better than Nassib uses ten. -Just an observation.

Dave Kreig had tiny hands and did OK. Culpepper had small hands. I dunno anything about Wilson, but I don't want any measurement to determine his fate other than CAN HE PLAY?

I'd hate to lose another good QB because his measureables weren't right.