Amazing Spider-Man 2 to shoot in Rochester, N.Y.

Meathead

One of the world's most popular super-heroes will be slinging over to Rochester, N.Y.

It was officially announced Thursday that scenes from the upcoming sequel to "The Amazing Spider-Man" will be shot in the Flour City.

"[The filmmakers] saw the look they wanted and that is why they are coming here," Norah Brown from Rochester/Finger Lakes Film and Video office said at a press conference announcing the shoot.

Filming in Rochester is expected to last 10-15 days, with a focus on chase scenes during the shoot.

http://www.cbsnews.c...-rochester-n.y/

One of the world's most popular super-heroes will be slinging over to Rochester, N.Y.

It was officially announced Thursday that scenes from the upcoming sequel to "The Amazing Spider-Man" will be shot in the Flour City.

"[The filmmakers] saw the look they wanted and that is why they are coming here," Norah Brown from Rochester/Finger Lakes Film and Video office said at a press conference announcing the shoot.

Filming in Rochester is expected to last 10-15 days, with a focus on chase scenes during the shoot.

When?

Having never been to Rochester, I have to assume that there is no correlation between the quality of Amazing Spider-Man 1 and that of the city.

I'd hope not.

Also....

Is it really called the Flour City?

I'm presuming wheat is the #1 produce from the area, yes?

Also....

Is it really called the Flour City?

I'm presuming wheat is the #1 produce from the area, yes?

Probably @ one time. Wheat production was then pushed west with the transportation systems. I don't know too much about the city yet, know more about the geography. I assume Rochester was a milling center. Given the proximity of the Erie Canal and waterfalls of the north flowing Genesee over the Niagara Escarpment, it was probably easier to race water for power and hence run gristmills. Rochester would make perfect sense as a milling center before moving the milled product east towards NYC.

Now... Minny/St. Paul I would think is the more modern "Flour City" given its closer location to the wheat fields of the western plains. With water flowing from the headwaters of the MS river over St. Anthony Falls, gave rise to power production for the mills... Then floated down the MS and all points therafter (up the Ohio or down to NOLA, break-in-bulk to rail/whatever). Isn't Pillsbury HQ'd in Minneapolis?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Probably @ one time. Wheat production was then pushed west with the transportation systems. I don't know too much about the city yet, know more about the geography. I assume Rochester was a milling center. Given the proximity of the Erie Canal and waterfalls of the north flowing Genesee over the Niagara Escarpment, it was probably easier to race water for power and hence run gristmills. Rochester would make perfect sense as a milling center before moving the milled product east towards NYC.

Now... Minny/St. Paul I would think is the more modern "Flour City" given its closer location to the wheat fields of the western plains. With water flowing from the headwaters of the MS river over St. Anthony Falls, gave rise to power production for the mills... Then floated down the MS and all points therafter (up the Ohio or down to NOLA, break-in-bulk to rail/whatever). Isn't Pillsbury HQ'd in Minneapolis?

I was actually expecting somebody to correct "Flour" to "Flower".....

I was actually expecting somebody to correct "Flour" to "Flower".....

It is the Flower City. Hasn't been the Flour City since the mid 1800's. There was a shift from milling to one of the largest producers of flower seeds in the world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of the most underwhelming experiences around. Extras get stuck sitting around fooorever and rarely get any interesting action

One of the most underwhelming experiences around. Extras get stuck sitting around fooorever and rarely get any interesting action

My neighbor's brother can attest to that.. he was am extra in Surrogates (played a kid in line to get into a club) he said it was a really cool experience, but all the extras were told in no uncertain terms that if you talk to Bruce Willis, we're kicking you off the set.

Are you an extra?

I sent them an email but did not get a call. Perhaps the big Bills spare tire cover on the back of my SUV doesn't look NYC enough...

I'm trying not to take it personally. Maybe I need to fire my agent.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

I sent them an email but did not get a call. Perhaps the big Bills spare tire cover on the back of my SUV doesn't look NYC enough...

I'm trying not to take it personally. Maybe I need to fire my agent.

Did you include pictures of you in the kilt with your head shots?

BTW, here's some other views of that same scene...