Preliminary Mock - Any Changes Needed?

Astrobot

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather trade for Cousins than draft any of the QB's in this draft. He's spent a year in the league under Redskins staff and he's even got some minutes which he looked reasonably good.

You'd have a better chance of trading for Aaron Rodgers. RG3 blew out a knee and is no sure thing to be there in camp. The Redskins are NOT trading Kirk Cousins.

I'd rather trade for Cousins than draft any of the QB's in this draft. He's spent a year in the league under Redskins staff and he's even got some minutes which he looked reasonably good.

I think you're going to have to give up too much to get him.

Drafttek's mock would send these players to the Bills tomorrow:

1 8 Buffalo Cordarrelle Patterson WRF Tennessee---- (Jarvis Jones)

2 41 Buffalo Matt Barkley QB USC-------------------------- (Tank Carradine, Jordan Poyer)

3 71 Buffalo Margus Hunt DE34 SMU------------------------(Terrance Williams, Jordan Reed, Tavarres King)

4 102 Buffalo Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati--------------------(E.J. Manuel, Dysert, Nassib)

5 136 Buffalo J.C. Tretter OG Cornell-------------------------(William Campbell, Jelani Jenkins, Zaviar Gooden)

6 167 Buffalo Kenjon Barner RBC Oregon-------------------(Dion Sims, Matt Scott, Braden Brown)

I have put the most-discussed player the Bills didn't take in parentheses. I'd go JJ in RD1 and Terrance Williams RD3. Matt Scott's stock is way up, and I'd expect the Bills to look at him earlier, even with one of the other QB's taken.

EJ-Dysert-Nassib falling to RD4 is the computer saying the demand is low for this crop of QBs compared to Big Uglies, TE, RB, CB.

I've talked with JC Tretter and his Dad, and they both really see the fit for J.C. in Buffalo. No OLB34 in these picks (my feeling is that Lawson in a 3-4 will pay big dividends).

I'd love to see the Bills draft Barkley in the 2nd but is it any way realistic to think that he falls that far?

2 41 Buffalo Matt Barkley QB USC-------------------------- (Tank Carradine, Jordan Poyer)

3 71 Buffalo Margus Hunt DE34 SMU------------------------(Terrance Williams, Jordan Reed, Tavarres King)

4 102 Buffalo Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati--------------------(E.J. Manuel, Dysert, Nassib)

5 136 Buffalo J.C. Tretter OG Cornell-------------------------(William Campbell, Jelani Jenkins, Zaviar Gooden)

6 167 Buffalo Kenjon Barner RBC Oregon-------------------(Dion Sims, Matt Scott, Braden Brown)

I have put the most-discussed player the Bills didn't take in parentheses. I'd go JJ in RD1 and Terrance Williams RD3. Matt Scott's stock is way up, and I'd expect the Bills to look at him earlier, even with one of the other QB's taken.

EJ-Dysert-Nassib falling to RD4 is the computer saying the demand is low for this crop of QBs compared to Big Uglies, TE, RB, CB.

I've talked with JC Tretter and his Dad, and they both really see the fit for J.C. in Buffalo. No OLB34 in these picks (my feeling is that Lawson in a 3-4 will pay big dividends).

Sorry Astro, don't like this mock. Putting a one year wonder, and WR at that, as my first round selection just isn't doing it for me. I'd like to select one of those OTs at 8. Then, like Tim says, draft Manuel or Glennon in 2nd. 3rd rd, depending on FA moves, go WR. 4th and 5th linebacker depth would help. 6 pick em

Going by the limited film I've seen on Patterson, I think him at 8 could be a disaster. Graham was enough of a disaster last year. A disaster in the 1st round would be even worse. If there's a qb you love, take him first, else grab defenders. Last year's D was one of the worst in recent memory.

1 Chance Warmack G Bama Jarvis Jones OLB Gerogia Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

2 Justin Hunter WR Tenn Justin Pugh OL Syracuse EJ Manuel QB Fla St

3 Tyler Bray QB Tenn Gavin Escobar TE SDSU Jon Bostic ILB Fla

4 Nico Johnson ILB Bama Landry Jones QB Oklahoma

5 Conner Vernon WR Duke

6 Eric Martin OLB Nebraska

Edited by BillsInMaine

I'll be furious if we take a bust WR at #8. But getting Barkley in the 2nd would keep me off the edge, though it could never happen. I also find it hard to believe that we'd come out of the draft without a single LB, or even a DB. Serously, that draft would be a total bomb unless Barkley becomes a top-10 QB.

Patterson is going to put the fear of God in NFL defenses. His open field moves are beyond sick. He's either going to the Bills at #8 or the Jets at #9. The Jets may even leapfrog them.

Stevie Johnson would be a perfect mentor and if we get either Manuel or Scott with our second pick and one of them become a Kaepernick or Wilson "homerun" story...our offense would be one of the best in the league. Remember what happen to this franchise the last time you could say that in the early 90s?

2014 would then be the time for signing defensive FAs for the run at the Superbowl.

Hey Astro.

Color me skeptical that Barkley will be available at #41.

Color me incredulous that EJ or Nassib would be available at #102.

And color me totally unbelieving that Matt Scott will still be available at #167.

It seems like Draftek seems not to be putting the proper premium on quarterbacks. I think it's clear that this premium exists in real life.

I tried looking up Draftek's 2011 Final Mock to see where they had Ponder and Locker, but couldn't find it.

Any comments on my observations?

Hey Astro.

Color me skeptical that Barkley will be available at #41.

Color me incredulous that EJ or Nassib would be available at #102.

And color me totally unbelieving that Matt Scott will still be available at #167.

It seems like Draftek seems not to be putting the proper premium on quarterbacks. I think it's clear that this premium exists in real life.

I tried looking up Draftek's 2011 Final Mock to see where they had Ponder and Locker, but couldn't find it.

Any comments on my observations?

I agree wholeheartedly on all points, Bob. Like it or not, most QBs go higher in real life than they should or do in mocks.

You'd have a better chance of trading for Aaron Rodgers. RG3 blew out a knee and is no sure thing to be there in camp. The Redskins are NOT trading Kirk Cousins.

This. The 'skins used two high picks on QB last year for a reason (IMO catching Nix with his knickers down with the Cousins pick)

That reason has not gone away.

I don't mind the picks but I do question the quality of your big board

I'm with ya on Jones in the first and Williams in the third. But sadly, in that scenario, I don't think any of those guys last to our pick in each respective round.

Edited by Tim Anderson's Lunch Pail

WOW! Very interesting draft. Think I'd go:

1 8 Buffalo Jarvis Jones

2 41 Buffalo Matt Barkley

3 71 Buffalo Tavarres King

4 102 Buffalo E.J. Manuel

5 136 Buffalo J.C. Tretter

6 167 Buffalo Kenjon Barner

If the first 4 rounds played out like that, Id be all in for the season.

Edit: Just wondering, where did DeAndre Hopkins go?

Edited by DrDareustein

I'd love to see the Bills draft Barkley in the 2nd but is it any way realistic to think that he falls that far?

I think that Barkley may become the #1 QB in this draft if he does well during his pro day.

WOW! Very interesting draft. Think I'd go:

1 8 Buffalo Jarvis Jones

2 41 Buffalo Matt Barkley

3 71 Buffalo Tavarres King

4 102 Buffalo E.J. Manuel

5 136 Buffalo J.C. Tretter

6 167 Buffalo Kenjon Barner

If the first 4 rounds played out like that, Id be all in for the season.

Edit: Just wondering, where did DeAndre Hopkins go?

I would love this, except I do not want 2 more QBs. We still have other holes to fill. Then again, it would be nice to have some depth at QB too.

Hoping that this draft is a lot different then all of these mocks I've seen from everyone. They aaaaaallllllll seem like fantasies now that I have seen several.

This. The 'skins used two high picks on QB last year for a reason (IMO catching Nix with his knickers down with the Cousins pick)

That reason has not gone away.

well if someone is going to pictures Nix with his pants down, glad its you....