Landing spot for Fitz?

Well said. And considering that's what he was signed for in the 1st place, I have no idea how people can possibly hate on the guy. Hate on JP Losman, a 1st round bust. I wish Fitz nothing but the best.

Well said. But I disagree with the "hate on Losman" part. I never understood that mentality either. He didn't draft himself in the first round, and it is entirely possible that the Bills ruined his career. Hate on the people responsible for drafting him in the first then ruining him (if indeed they did).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said. But I disagree with the "hate on Losman" part. I never understood that mentality either. He didn't draft himself in the first round, and it is entirely possible that the Bills ruined his career. Hate on the people responsible for drafting him in the first then ruining him (if indeed they did).

You don't remember how cocky he was then. Didn't you see the special on ESPN where Losman said HE WAS THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT? He specifically said he was better than the likes of Eli Manning, Ben Rothlesberger, among others (Phillip Rivers, Matt Schaub, etc). The hate for Losman is still strong and for good reason

I love how people act like a guy who threw more tds than ints in all 3 of years as a starter here will struggle to get a job. Fitz will be a very good backup QB.

3 years in a row with 3,000+ yds and 20+ TDs. What a dud.

PTR

Then he can make money the old fashioned way, he will gamble people's pensions in the market and expect taxpayers to bail him out when things go wrong.

Fixed.

Name the last Bills QB to do that 3 years in a row?

That's your problem. You're comparing crap to crap. Open your eyes to what a "good" QB does in the rest of the league and judge our QBs based on that, rather than "He's better than Edwards, Holcomb or Losman." That's hardly a ringing endorsement for competence.

That's your problem. You're comparing crap to crap. Open your eyes to what a "good" QB does in the rest of the league and judge our QBs based on that, rather than "He's better than Edwards, Holcomb or Losman." That's hardly a ringing endorsement for competence.

Unfortunately I don't have an account with Elias Sports where I can actually compare what 3000/20 means in the NFL today. But I seriously doubt it's the benchmark of failure you make it out to be. Me thinks your raging hard on against Fitz is skewing your perception. I'm sure if we drafted a rookie QB who had similar stats you'd hail him the new franchise QB, even if the.Bills were 6-10 every year.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Cleveland. Ends up their starter. or the Jets. Rex would be like, "tell me about the playbook now that we have you." Fitz, "you do realize we have a new HC and new playbook that I've never seen." Rex: "um........so yeah just give me a copy of the playbook whenever you have a chance. You're starting next week."

He seems like a guy who would be a very good backup for one of the young QBs out there. The 49ers always pop into my head first. Who is the backup in Indy?

Indy would seem to be a good spot. 49ers I think have a backup, but not sure. Who does Seattle have (assuming they trade Flynn). Tampa Bay? Miami (that would be fun).

Fitz is significantly worse than Carson Palmer

"Significantly" The stats disagree In the last 3 years Fitz has 71 tds and 54ints. Palmer has 61 tds and 54 ints. Fitz has 10232 yards passing. Palmer 10741. 1515 attempts 914 completions 60% cmplt pct to palmer's 10741 yards 1479 attempts 906 completions. 61% completion pct. 263.7ypg for Palmer. 228ypg for Fitz. 6.7ypa for Fitz to 7.4 for Palmer. Palmers been sacked once every 21pass attempts Fitz once every 20. Fitz has 23 fumbles to Palmers 16. Palmer is better in some area's but hardly "significantly" better. I get it we all hate Fitz ad nausem but the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Fitz is also far more mobile than Palmer is.

Edited by Stealth

let me chime in one last time with the marauder/ryan l billz vs promo and bobo fitz stuff.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lose 20 out of 28 games and PTR still has your back! this is just awesome. he blows bud

the turf at the stadium is happy he won't be there anymore to launch balls into.

You don't remember how cocky he was then. Didn't you see the special on ESPN where Losman said HE WAS THE BEST QB IN THE DRAFT? He specifically said he was better than the likes of Eli Manning, Ben Rothlesberger, among others (Phillip Rivers, Matt Schaub, etc). The hate for Losman is still strong and for good reason

your right, he should come in with an attitude that he sucks and everyone else is better then him. Thats a winning attitude!

I want my QB to know he sucks and that he shouldn't be playing in the league!

Yeah, because 3000 yards and 20 TDs is the new standard of greatness in today's NFL.

Good point. The league is filled with backup Qbs who have that kind of resume. Seriously, your hate for Fitz is borderline insane. He's not going to be a starter anymore but the guy played his guts out and got the absolute most out of his ability. How many people can say that?

Yeah, it was more of drafting a QB in the 1st and him not working out is a bigger deal than a free agent career backup not being a great starter. We all would have done backflips if Losman can close to Fitz' career here.

let me chime in one last time with the marauder/ryan l billz vs promo and bobo fitz stuff.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lose 20 out of 28 games and PTR still has your back! this is just awesome. he blows bud

the turf at the stadium is happy he won't be there anymore to launch balls into.

I expect a laundry list of excuses for whoever our new QB will be as to why they can't even match sucky Fitz's performance.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Good point. The league is filled with backup Qbs who have that kind of resume. Seriously, your hate for Fitz is borderline insane. He's not going to be a starter anymore but the guy played his guts out and got the absolute most out of his ability. How many people can say that?

losing 20 of 28 games builds the hate. I know you like him also but it was time to cut that cord.

And yes I do look forward to the ribbing you and PTR have waiting for me when Fitz wins a game or two with his next franchise.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Merrill Lynch

PERFECT answer!

in all seriousness though, SF would be a perfect fit for him.. Another team who seems to be spending rather freely that would make a lot of sense is Titans.. With Locker at QB, who hasnt "lit it up" by any means and was dinged up few times last year and with Hasselback most likely not being back, that could be a great spot for him.

I hated him as our "starting" QB but by no means do i wish ill towards the guy.. He was a hard worker and very well liked within organization.. problem was his shortcoming were ALL on the field!

We still would make for a very solid back-up for a team with a younger QB at the helm and can be a spot starter for short term in the #1 gets hurt.

He is type of guy that will learn whatever offense coach has installed quickly and is obviously a very intelligent guy and can be like a 2nd QB coach/ mentor for a younger kid.

He is type of guy that will learn whatever offense coach has installed quickly and is obviously a very intelligent guy and can be like a 2nd QB coach/ mentor for a younger kid.

Which is why I wanted the Bills to keep him. Would much rather have a young qb being mentored by Fitz than Tarvaris Jackson and Brad Smith

I expect a laundry list of excuses for whoever our new QB will be as to why they can't even match sucky Fitz's performance.

PTR

QB A: 60.6 %, 6.73 ypa, 24 tds, 16 ints, 8 fumbles, 83.3 QB rating.

QB B: 54.1%, 6.98 ypa, 23 tds, 18 ints, 9 fumbles, 76.5 qb rating.

QB A - Fitz, Qb B - Andrew Luck. Yet Fitz is a complete scrub and Luck is on a fast track to the HOF. Trust me, I woudl never take Fitz over Luck but it's just funny how much hate the guy gets.