The Bills have a few holes to fill

chef4131

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2004 we were desperate to find a starting QB (sound familiar) we traded back into Round 1 (with Dallas) and drafted losman at #22. With this trade we gave up our #1 pick in 2005. Dallas used our pick #20 on a DL. Marcus Spears

What scares me is giving up our 2005 pick we missed out on drafting Aaron Rodgers. I can see the Bills repeating this same scenerio, reaching back into the first round to "over draft" a QB and give up a chance to draft a franchise QB next year.

I understand that we need a QB, but lets be smart on how we get one--

You have to draft QBs to find the good ones. We needed someone to play behind Bledsoe for a few years to take over, similar to what Rodgers did behind Favre. The bigger fundamental problem was the lack of continuity in the coaching staff to bring Losman up. We did the same thing as Chan did with Fitz. They put the game in Losman's hands instead of making him the role player initially. The mistake the Bills did was to let go Bledsoe after the Pittsburgh finale fiasco and then annoiting Losman. He just was not ready having missed his entire rookie year. Also, there is nothing for sure to know that Rodgers would have been available for us to draft in 2005. In hindsight we know Rodgers is a good QB....But in 2005 about 25 teams passed on him before the Packers picked him up. Let us not rewrite history.

Of me? Don't be, I'm a lot of fun (and typically only armed with Miller High Lifes). Also, you spelled it wrong... :beer:

Here's my QB question, do you:

- Go BPA in the 1st, QB in the 2nd - but with the thought that, if the guy you just drafted sucks this year, F it, you'll spend a top 10 pick on a QB next year?

- Wait and take the best QB at 8, potentially Geno or Barkley - but with the thought that you probably won't spend another top 10 pick on QB next year?

- Trade UP in the first to get Geno. No QB next year, fa'sho.

I don't see up trading back up into the first this year, so that doesn't worry me and I don't see us trading picks for a vet QB, though, I'm sure we'll get one somewhere. Personally I go with the first and hope both guys work out - then we'll finally have some trade ammo!

Last thing, I guess I had forgotten about the Losman trade...

You give up next year's first round pick to move back up into the first to take the FOURTH QB off the board!? I mean, if they were willing to trade it near the end of the first, why weren't they willing to trade it at the beginning of the first? Just blow the wad and trade the future first, second and whatever else to jump up above Pittsburgh and get Rothlesberger (who they were rumored to like)!?

No wonder we're in the position we are.

I see the Bills staying put and picking the BPA available @ #8 if Smith or Barkley are gone. If Smith/Barkley are gone, then it gives us a pretty good shot to pick Manuel, Nassib or Wilson at the top of the 2nd round and the Bills will pick the one they like the most. The Bills would have to hold on to next years 1st rounder in case the QB position is not settled this year.

Last thing, I guess I had forgotten about the Losman trade...

You give up next year's first round pick to move back up into the first to take the FOURTH QB off the board!? I mean, if they were willing to trade it near the end of the first, why weren't they willing to trade it at the beginning of the first? Just blow the wad and trade the future first, second and whatever else to jump up above Pittsburgh and get Rothlesberger (who they were rumored to like)!?

To be fair to Donahoe, he tried hard to get in front of Pittsburgh to draft Ben. However, Jacksonville turned down the offer, because they were worried the player they were targeting Reggie Williams WR would not be available at the Bills pick as the Jets were in front of them. The Bills tried, but failed to make a deal as there were quite a few blue chip players that teams coveted and were unwilling to trade down.

The mistake made by Donahoe was firing Bledsoe at the end of next season when he couldn't beat the Steelers with the playoffs on the line.

Linda Blair's character from "The Exorcist" hiding under my bed, calling my name. That scares me.

Oh oh!!! How about those twin girls in The Shining?

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwAA&dur=118

Now imagine that spiders are crawling all over your face, and you suck a bunch of them in after you sneeze. That's scary.

That is really scary. I hope I don't have trouble sleeping tonight.

Carnies

I find clowns to be very disquieting and creepy.

And now it's getting dark out.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

In 2004 we were desperate to find a starting QB (sound familiar) we traded back into Round 1 (with Dallas) and drafted losman at #22. With this trade we gave up our #1 pick in 2005. Dallas used our pick #20 on a DL. Marcus Spears

What scares me is giving up our 2005 pick we missed out on drafting Aaron Rodgers. I can see the Bills repeating this same scenerio, reaching back into the first round to "over draft" a QB and give up a chance to draft a franchise QB next year.

I understand that we need a QB, but lets be smart on how we get one--

i agree on this--but remember the Bills are one stupid organization.and i truly think most people on here chatting coulda done a better job drafting than the Bills mgmt the past 12 yrs

Actually, I find myself to be quite terrifying... especially after I got in Jeff Goldblum's teleporter with a bee, spider, carnie, clown, china doll, Linda Blair, the twins from the shining...

Every morning I wake up and when I look in the mirror I see this bee-spider hybrid in a clown suit with these glassy eyes staring back at me that says "Step right up and give it a whirl!" Even more terrifying is when my twin looks at me and says "Yes Danny, give it a whirl... forever... and ever... and ever" and then vomits pea-soup on me.

On top of it all, while I'm not terrified of it, I am completely repulsed by pea-soup.

Actually, I find myself to be quite terrifying... especially after I got in Jeff Goldblum's teleporter with a bee, spider, carnie, clown, china doll, Linda Blair, the twins from the shining...

Every morning I wake up and when I look in the mirror I see this bee-spider hybrid in a clown suit with these glassy eyes staring back at me that says "Step right up and give it a whirl!" Even more terrifying is when my twin looks at me and says "Yes Danny, give it a whirl... forever... and ever... and ever" and then vomits pea-soup on me.

On top of it all, while I'm not terrified of it, I am completely repulsed by pea-soup.

win a pea soup dinner with linda blair!