WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...ol_strip_search :devil:

LA MARQUE, Texas - Ten students between the ages of 11 and 12 were strip-searched as officials at their charter school tried to find a missing $10 bill.

Seven girls and three boys at the Mainland Preparatory Academy were searched down to their underwear Thursday after one of the girls reported the money missing, said Principal Wilma Green. The money was not found.

"It's not illegal," La Marque Police Chief Richard Price said. "We don't see it as a criminal offense." But he said an investigation was underway.

The search angered at least one parent, who filed a complaint with police and pulled her four children out of the school.

"I have never signed a consent to let my kids be strip-searched — never," said Shelli Owens, the mother of a 12-year-old boy who was searched.

Green said the school has conducted such searches in the past without calling parents.

"Never had a complaint," she said. "I can't say if it happened again I wouldn't do the same thing."

In Thursday's search, the boys were sent off with a male teacher and the girls with a female teacher, who told them to strip to their underwear, Green said.

"Nobody objected to it. Most of the kids didn't mind because they wanted to get their name cleared," she said. "It was no different than what the students would be doing when they would be in P.E. We searched everything down to the socks."

La Marque is about 40 miles southeast of Houston.

Sorry if someone else posted this already

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

If this keeps up, leave it... Sooner or later I'm getting the heil heil heil out of here if this keeps up. WTF is going on here today!?!?!?! :devil:

What's the problem here?

What if it was a kilo of coke?

What if it was a derringer?

What if it was the keys to your Porsche?

Public schools are an embodiment of the coercive power of the state.

Now, drop and give me twenty - maggott!

boo friggin hoo.

We live in a world were blood thirsty Muslims cut the heads off of truck drivers, and shoot aid works in the back of the head, because they choose not to follow Islam.

And you worried about ten punks who got patted down.

Wow! How terrible!

Now watch them get some attorney from the ACLU and sue for $5 million each, for 'emotional distress'.

Like those baseball cap wearing slackers could ever make that much money in their whole lives working at Juffy Lube.

PRAISE BE TO ALLAH!

LE LE LE LE

198349[/snapback]

:devil:

boo friggin hoo.

We live in a world were blood thirsty Muslims cut the heads off of truck drivers, and shoot aid works in the back of the head, because they choose not to follow Islam.

Wow! How terrible!

Now watch them get some attorney from the ACLU and sue for $5 million each, for 'emotional distress'.

Like those baseball cap wearing slackers could ever make that much money in their whole lives working at Juffy Lube.

PRAISE BE TO ALLAH!

LE LE LE LE

198349[/snapback]

Seriously. Don't forget Saudi Arabia, where they let dozens of female students burn to death when their school was engulfed by flames, because the male would-be rescuers couldn't defile their faith by seeing young women whose faces weren't covered. True story. This country has its problems, but let's keep some perspective, mmkay?

boo friggin hoo.

Wow! How terrible!

PRAISE BE TO ALLAH!

LE LE LE LE

198349[/snapback]

Fortunately for us, this country is a bit more civilized, and folks generally respect the rule of law, which includes the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizures (see, Article 4, US Constitution). So while you may think there are bigger concerns in the world than a bunch of kids getting strip searched--and I wouldn't argue that point--the issue whether we respect our own rule of law, not how silly it may seem compared against senseless killings in other parts of the world.

Fortunately for us, this country is a bit more civilized, and folks generally respect the rule of law, which includes the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizures (see, Article 4, US Constitution).  So while you may think there are bigger concerns in the world than a bunch of kids getting strip searched--and I wouldn't argue that point--the issue whether we respect our own rule of law, not how silly it may seem compared against senseless killings in other parts of the world.

198481[/snapback]

I'm sure you're equally bothered by the Federal Government's use of tax dollars to create and maintain roads. That is patently illegal. According to the Constitution the Federal Government only has the right to create toll roads. :devil:

The protection against unreasonable search was designed to keep federal authorities from breaking into homes to look for incriminating evidence. Probably any local judge would agree there was reasonable cause to conduct a search of this prepubescent lot. B-) Seems to me the search was completely within the rule of law, reasonable, and therefore justifiable.

Granted, some ten year olds are already punks who would think being strip searched was cool. Some, however could really be traumatized by that happening. If my kid was one of the latter, you can bet I would sue. And I would do my best to see that the administrator who authorized it was out of a job.

Seriously.  Don't forget Saudi Arabia, where they let dozens of female students burn to death when their school was engulfed by flames, because the male would-be rescuers couldn't defile their faith by seeing young women whose faces weren't covered.  True story.  This country has its problems, but let's keep some perspective, mmkay?

198449[/snapback]

If, in order to look good, we need to compare ourselves to terrorists, we are in a lot of trouble. Such a comparison doesn't provide perspective, it removes all perspective. You could justify or at least fob off almost any wrong by comparing it to something far worse. No matter how bad something is, you can always find something even worse.

Knowing that pederasts are attracted to occupations which give them access to children, I am not at all interested in schoolwide strip searches of 12 year olds over some kid misplacing a sawbuck.

You will next time someone's missing a paperclip in your office and they yank down your pants and...

Dumbass.

199281[/snapback]

I repeat, who cares? The school had reason to believe that one of these kids stole some money and searched for it with the equivalent of gym class tactics. I don't anticipate any long-term trauma for these kids. And of course kids are acting out - in general their parents act more like their lawyers than anything else. Schools are barely allowed to discipline students in any way.

Now please try to keep your mind off yanking my pants down while you go about your busy day searching the internet looking for things to overreact to.