crazy trade thought - trade Stevie

Correct me if im wrong, but as of right now the Bills dont have enough quality DBs. They have NO LBs NO WRs and dont have a starting QB. Oline took a huge hit, but my guess is they draft the best L tackle available and move Glenn inside. They dont have a healthy TE, is it crazy to try and trade Stevie Johnson only if the price is right . With most likely having a rookie QB start this yr his value on this team is insignificant especially with NO other WR on this team. I mean this "team" literally has nothing,so is it that crazy of a thought?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds crazy to me. I'm not sure of Johnson's contract status, but why get rid of a top erformer in a position of need. To me that's like seeing a left hook coming so you lean into it. A rookie QB (assuming that is what the Bills start) needs at least one quality receiver to go to. Do the Bills need help elsewhere -- heck yes! Trading Johnson is not the way to solve it. In addition, picking the best LT is crazy talk to me.

Playing devils advocate I disagree a rookie QBs greatest asset is a good running game. IE RGIII and Wislon... As to left tackle, isnt the writing on the wall letting levitre and rhinehardt walk RIGHT now it screams taking an OLine man 1st. Most likely a LT..

Playing devils advocate I disagree a rookie QBs greatest asset is a good running game. IE RGIII and Wislon... As to left tackle, isnt the writing on the wall letting levitre and rhinehardt walk RIGHT now it screams taking an OLine man 1st. Most likely a LT..

We let a guard go so that means we draft a left tackle? Is this even real life?

Buddy Nix to Mark Dominik: "We're pretty set on tackles."

Buddy Nix's thoughts translated to OP's thoughts: I BET THAT MEANS HE'S TAKING A TACKLE!

Chance Warmack would be an upgrade over Levitre. I'd take him in a second. I can see it now, big boys Glenn and Warmack clearing the way for CJ! F Andy. Lets go BPA. We can get our QB in round two or three, either EJ or Bray.

Edited by NoJustice

We let a guard go so that means we draft a left tackle? Is this even real life?

The idea is Glenn could possibly move to Guard if they drafted a OT.

The thing now with money is Guards are cheap and easily replaceable. The blind spot is the most expensive.

The idea is Glenn could possibly move to Guard if they drafted a OT.

The thing now with money is Guards are cheap and easily replaceable. The blind spot is the most expensive.

I know what the idea is. Glenn played very well at LT and has shown that he has what it takes to be a franchise LT for this team. All of a sudden people want to use a top 10 pick on a position that is seemingly set.

Yeah lets trade one of the few playmakers we have, someone that seems to love playing for the Bills, seems to love Buffalo and took a hometown discount to stay here. As far as picking a tackle, well I just don't know. Our oline may be a little weaker now that Levitre is gone but I still believe that we are strongest in the trenches.

Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch both had near 1,600 yards rushing last year.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with their success

Correct me if im wrong, but as of right now the Bills dont have enough quality DBs. They have NO LBs NO WRs and dont have a starting QB. Oline took a huge hit, but my guess is they draft the best L tackle available and move Glenn inside. They dont have a healthy TE, is it crazy to try and trade Stevie Johnson only if the price is right . With most likely having a rookie QB start this yr his value on this team is insignificant especially with NO other WR on this team. I mean this "team" literally has nothing,so is it that crazy of a thought?

The thought of holding a "fire sale" in March before FA is over, and before drafting is certifiable!!! Not worthy of further explanation! "You play to win the game!"

Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch both had near 1,600 yards rushing last year.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with their success

It could have worked both ways though. The threat of the QB keeping the ball and running it himself might have softened the defense a bit and made it easier for the RBs to gain big yardage.