No Free Agent visitations

JTO

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have been too quiet. I haven't heard of them expressing any interest in anyone this off season. Makes no sense.

They are fine in terms of cap space. They have plenty of room cap-wise to get better. It's almost as if they plan on winning ~2-3 games next year.

That is a great plan with Clowney coming out next year

what good football organizations dip into free agency hard core ? I like the different approach yes we need to fill some holes but the approach of go out and sign 10 guys never works. Find me an example

Lets consider those Patriots for example :bag::censored:

They may have expressed interest it's just that the Bills aren't going to overpay for players. They need to keep their cap in order to resign pending FAs (Spiller, possibly extending Byrd)

Overpay.... the Bills usually underpay. When they do overpay its usually to a player not worth the money.

I can't wait for a new owner, and hopefully he wants to win more then make a profit, is smart enough to hire a brilliant football president not some money guy. Hires a GM that knows what he doing to some degree. Hires a HC that actually has some NFL acumen so he can evaluate talent at all positions.

Now Marrone just might be that HC, but he will be hamstrung with Wilson as owner, Brandon as president, Nix as GM. I actually feel bad for Marrone because he won't get a fair chance to win with this dysfunctional organization around him.

Buddy Nix is the laughing stock of the NFL / world after that prank phone call where he showed he is so desperate to talk to another GM that he makes a fool of himself doing so. A total embarrassment to the org, the fans, the players.

Its embarrassing to be a Bills fan nowadays!!

The only good thing that happed so far is the Broncos took Wes Welker away from the Patriots, and managed to get Brady pissed at his own team at the same time.

Kelly, I generally agree with your posts. You're better than this one. The "only" reasons not to come here are to play for a contender or to go to a big city? I love Buffalo, but there are literally dozens of more convincing reasons not to go there: lack of commercial viability, no time in the media spotlight, weather, unproven head coach, weird owner/CEO combo, longest active playoff drought, facilities and stadium that rank in the lower 20% of the league; on defense- no lb corps, on offense- no qb.

My point is, there are PLENTY of reasons NOT to come to Buffalo. I'm struggling to find many reasons FOR coming here at this point.

I misspoke or you misinterpreted what I meant. Within those ten or so things, which I articulated in other posts and probably should have again, are the kinds of things you listed. And you're right about everything you said. I meant that all players are different and have different hierarchies of what's important to them, and perhaps the only thing that automatically disqualifies the Bills as a potential destination is they aren't a contender.

From your good example, a LB FA looking at the Bills may easily think it's the very best place to go because there is a huge hole for them to fill at LB. A chance to start and play a lot is pretty much 1A or 2 on these guy's lists, ahead of contender for most of them and equal to money. A Defensive player would love to play for Mike Pettine I think. Or play with Mario, Kyle, Dareus, and Byrd. A lot of players love Buffalo (although for a lot of them it's not until they get here that they realize it). TKO was on national radio yesterday telling the world that Buffalo was the very best place to play, and he played in CIN, BUF, PHILLY, San Fran and San Diego. He also told Manny Lawson that today locally.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

NFL.com rating the best available QB's:

The best you can do

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick

Ha....Get 'er dun Buddy!

The fact that Cassell who is equally bad or worser than Fitz was immediately snapped up by the Vikings to challenge Ponder and/or be the primary backup. Fitz was available in the market for more than 24 hours before Matt was released. The other teams are soon going to validate the fact that the Bills did *NOT* have a starting QB in Fitz.

The fact that Cassell who is equally bad or worser than Fitz was immediately snapped up by the Vikings to challenge Ponder and/or be the primary backup. Fitz was available in the market for more than 24 hours before Matt was released. The other teams are soon going to validate the fact that the Bills did *NOT* have a starting QB in Fitz.

I think that's stating the obvious and Fitz even said it yesterday to Murph. Just because Cassell signed right away to be a back-up in Minn doesn't really have much to do with Fitz or his status around the league. He's trying to get a deal with the Cards where he can stay with his family in their home in AZ. That may or may not happen. Then he will look elsewhere for a back-up job.

I think that's stating the obvious and Fitz even said it yesterday to Murph. Just because Cassell signed right away to be a back-up in Minn doesn't really have much to do with Fitz or his status around the league. He's trying to get a deal with the Cards where he can stay with his family in their home in AZ. That may or may not happen. Then he will look elsewhere for a back-up job.

Thanks for the update. It would then be weird if the Cards sign Fitz to be their backup for a 3M a year salary and the Bills did the same with Kevin Kolb...Both guys were making around 7-8M a year with their two teams, refused to restructure their deals, got released and then signed with their opponents for the exact price their former employer demanded !!!!!!!

Am I the only one who is starting to get a little curious as to why the Bills havent even "had talks" or "scheduled a visit" or "interested" in any free agents?

Especially when the Pats and Dolphins are being wuite active

CBF

I hope Keller will now visit the Bills that the Dolphins haven't offered him a contract.

Am I the only one who is starting to get a little curious as to why the Bills havent even "had talks" or "scheduled a visit" or "interested" in any free agents?

CBF

There was absolutely no word that Lawson "had talks" or "scheduled a visit" or that the Bills were "interested" in him prior to his signing.

I'm assuming that the Bills are being very tight lipped about who they have had talks with & are interested in etc.......and that perhaps there is very little media resources allocated to trying to figure out who is coming to Buffalo.

It could also be that the Bills are cheap....have spent all the money that they intend to spend.....and are going to try to field a team similar to last year.

I'm hoping the former. :thumbsup:

CBF

I can see waiting for initial wave of big contract signings to die off. This year it appears to have happened in last than 48 hours, so I am starting to get very curious about what is going on with the Bills.

I can see waiting for initial wave of big contract signings to die off. This year it appears to have happened in last than 48 hours, so I am starting to get very curious about what is going on with the Bills.

Nix ad Whaley were in Morgantown yesterday and are at Arkansas pro day today. I understand they can negotiate without them being their but would a FA really visit without the GM and Asst. GM in the building?

Nix ad Whaley were in Morgantown yesterday and are at Arkansas pro day today. I understand they can negotiate without them being their but would a FA really visit without the GM and Asst. GM in the building?

They can meet with the coaches and Brandon and Overdork and see the building. Nix and Whaley would not be gone the entire day and could easily be back by dinner. The GM's part in the FA derby is basically done already anyway, identifying the player and contacting the agent and bringing him in, especially considering Buddy doesn't really do contracts.