One Year Ago- A Trip Down Memory Lane

One year ago tomorrow marks (in my opinion) the anniversary of the start of one of the most -if not the most- epic threads in TBD history. The Mario Williams courting process literally had me up all night watching twitter and hitting F5 on this board. From Tempo to deer to Luke Russert's mom to Wanny meeting his girlfriend at the airport, the Mario Williams free agent saga (kidnapping) had it all and me on pins and needles. WGR was playing the Super Mario theme song, it was ridiculous couple of days. We all know how the season turned out, but we were kings of the world for that one glorious day! Something tells me tomorrow is not going to bring the same kind of drama. Here’s to Mike Devito watch 2013. :beer:

I also remember all of us commenting about the AV technician who couldn't get the sound to work in the press room for about two hours...last I heard he is now Quality Control Coordinator OBD.

Ralph is cheap, he asked Mario to be the AV tech just after signing the contract.

Such a great day that I will never forget. It was actually pretty ridiculous how much time I spent on this board that day. I was so excited. I too thought we were going to have one of the best defenses in nfl history. I actually didn't see how it would be possible not to lol. What the hell happened.

My birthday is in the 15th and I was off for 8 days last year starting the opening day of Free Agency. I actually say on the couch for 3 straight days watching NFL Network, ESPN, and hitting F5 (thank you for that). What a birthday present I got last year. Woohoo

I remember using twitter more than I ever had before, constantly looking at TBD, and watching ESPN/NFL network. I would text my brothers and brother in law every update. On my way to class Thursday I got the call from big bro that it was a done deal. From the moment FA began and Mario flew to Buffalo followed by Meachem, it was a wild ride and well worth every moment. I live across the country from my family and sports bring us together, for better or worse, but the Mario chase made us feel like kids at christmas again. We begged our parents (the Bills) for the shiniest toy available (Mario) and when it was delivered you couldn't tell if we were 25-40 or 5 years old.

Who was the one who started that thread and broke the story that the Bills would be meeting with Mario Williams again? I can't remember that far back.

It was you

I was at a training for work in Albany and the training was people who have never used a computer before so I kept searching TBD and texitng my brother. What a day

yeah there will be no top FA's coming here this year. We need value additions. We need to find 6 good FA's that can start/improve the roster and it s depth in key areas. LB WR TE CB DL OL. We more then likely will not be able to do all that with the amount of salary cap space we have