Simple Question....

Is it considered OK here to blame Drew, but not OK to blame Travis Henry for this team being out of the playoffs?

Btw, you might want to check the sack stats (as BFII did) and the w/l stats AFTER Travis was benched.

Anyway, I was just wondering because the prevalent theme here seems to be...

Drew = Bad

Travis = "heart and soul" or some other nonsense

Is it considered OK here to blame Drew, but not OK to blame Travis Henry for this team being out of the playoffs?

Btw, you might want to check the sack stats (as BFII did) and the w/l stats AFTER Travis was benched.

Drew = Bad

197761[/snapback]

OK, I blame Travis too. And I want them both gone.

'MMMMMmmkay?

Posted this in another topic, but since some people like to repeat the same thing over three thousand different threads, I'll rebutt your point here, too.

No one is justifying "only blaming the QB."

But, just like every other position (including the often [unfairly] maligned offensive line), the quarterback needs to be held accountable.

Unfortunately for Drew's relatives that post on this board, the quarterback is undoubtedly the most important position on offense. If you're going to try and argue something as basic as this, please don't bother hitting the "reply" button.

People are upset that the board is a flurry of quarterback posts, but it's because that's the most important offensive position AND it's one that we are struggling at. It's a big issue this offseason, so get used to it.

If it will help you to evaluate Drew Bledsoe's performance here in Buffalo, just pretend his name is Shane Matthews.

Forget about the prestige, forget about the pedigree, forget about the name, forget about what he's done elsewhere - it doesn't matter. All that matters is what he's been able to do here.

And he hasn't shown us that he can consistently be a player that helps our team. Bottom line.

Drew = Bad

197761[/snapback]

You make a great point about our pass protection before and after Willis became a starter.

The inability to block was one of TH's glaring weaknesses while the ability to block is one of Willis' greatest strengths.

OK, I blame Travis too. And I want them both gone.

'MMMMMmmkay?

197763[/snapback]

Yeah but you want a rookie kicker too, what do you know? :D

To answer the question you've asked Bill look at the responses to the thread asking how many games the team would have won if Willis started all 16. Obviously not science, but last time I checked 11-5 was leading the pack. That says TH cost us 2 games, hence he gets the blame.

We win as a team, we lose as a team. There are always certain individuals that play stronger roles in team losses than others and all of them are fair game for criticism at times. This is the way I personally try to evaluate the team at all times. Sometimes opinions can turn out to be wrong, but there should be no players who go blameless when their time comes.

Unfortunately for Drew's relatives that post on this board, the quarterback is undoubtedly the most important position on offense. If you're going to try and argue something as basic as this, please don't bother hitting the "reply" button.

197765[/snapback]

In other words, "This is an absolute truth because I say it is, so shut up if you disagree."

Sorry...I disagree. I think the center's more important. Prove the QB's the most important player on offense.

Posted this in another topic, but since some people like to repeat the same thing over three thousand different threads, I'll rebutt your point here, too.

No one is justifying "only blaming the QB."

But, just like every other position (including the often [unfairly] maligned offensive line), the quarterback needs to be held accountable.

People are upset that the board is a flurry of quarterback posts, but it's because that's the most important offensive position AND it's one that we are struggling at. It's a big issue this offseason, so get used to it.

If it will help you to evaluate Drew Bledsoe's performance here in Buffalo, just pretend his name is Shane Matthews.

Forget about the prestige, forget about the pedigree, forget about the name, forget about what he's done elsewhere - it doesn't matter. All that matters is what he's been able to do here.

And he hasn't shown us that he can consistently be a player that helps our team. Bottom line.

197765[/snapback]

Thanks for addressing the question AND for giving me instructions on how to reply to a post.

Now, run along back to your "I hate Drew" cave. :D

In other words, "This is an absolute truth because I say it is, so shut up if you disagree."

Sorry...I disagree.  I think the center's more important.  Prove the QB's the most important player on offense.

197791[/snapback]

Thank you Tom. If someone here is going to shut me up, I would rather it be you. :D:D

Sorry...I disagree.  I think the center's more important.  Prove the QB's the most important player on offense.

197791[/snapback]

I'll use your one-liner arguments against you. Prove the center is more important than the quarterback.

Pittsburgh has the same center as last year, when they went 6-10. But something on their offense changed this season, I can't remember what it was...

Thanks for addressing the question AND for giving me instructions on how to reply to a post.

Now, run along back to your "I hate Drew" cave.

197798[/snapback]

No problem. I figured you could use a few pointers.

oh, I don't hate Drew. I do hate quarterbacks that habitually perform badly, and people that refuse to hold them accountable for their actions.

But there's no cave. :D

No problem. I figured you could use a few pointers.

oh, I don't hate Drew.  I do hate quarterbacks that habitually perform badly, and people that refuse to hold them accountable for their actions.

But there's no cave.  :D

197806[/snapback]

So you "hate" people who do not hate Drew?

I am starting to see your point. Maybe Drew is the only thing in the world that matters, not just in terms of football but to life itself.

So you "hate" people who do not hate Drew?

I am starting to see your point. Maybe Drew is the only thing in the world that matters, not just in terms of football but to life itself.

197813[/snapback]

Wow. I barely need to respond to this post, you're embarassing yourself enough on your own as it is.

I was kidding, of course, about hating anyone, especially on something like Bills football. You used the term first and tried to put it in my mouth, remember?

I'll use your one-liner arguments against you. Prove the center is more important than the quarterback.

No need. I merely stated an opinion ("I think the center is more important...") which I have absolutely no need to justify to you. You, on the other hand, pretty clearly said that the quarterback is obviously and factually the most important player, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. Well...if it's so "undoubted" and "basic"...it should also be factually verifiable. So verify it with facts.

Pittsburgh has the same center as last year, when they went 6-10. But something on their offense changed this season, I can't remember what it was...

197802[/snapback]

They signed Duce Staley. I guess we're both wrong, and running back is most important then... :D

No need.  I merely stated an opinion ("I think the center is more important...") which I have absolutely no need to justify to you.  You, on the other hand, pretty clearly said that the quarterback is obviously and factually the most important player, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot.  Well...if it's so "undoubted" and "basic"...it should also be factually verifiable.  So verify it with facts.

They signed Duce Staley.  I guess we're both wrong, and running back is most important then...  :D

197824[/snapback]

Tom, Pitt suffered huge injuries to their OL last year.

I think that too might involve Drew. :D

You, on the other hand, pretty clearly said that the quarterback is obviously and factually the most important player, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. 

Actually, you said that. I said no such thing.

I did say, however, that the quarterback is undoubtedly the most important position on offense and this is something that's pretty basic.

Obviously, you can't prove something like that with numbers or statistics. I'm not putting this in an encyclopedia.

But really, denying the importance of the quarterback to an offense is pretty idiotic (that's that word you like).

They signed Duce Staley.  I guess we're both wrong, and running back is most important then...  :D

197824[/snapback]

They seemed pretty capable of winning without Duce Staley.

We win as a team, we lose as a team. There are always certain individuals that play stronger roles in team losses than others and all of them are fair game for criticism at times. This is the way I personally try to evaluate the team at all times. Sometimes opinions can turn out to be wrong, but there should be no players who go blameless when their time comes.

197786[/snapback]

Yeah, what he said!!

:D

Michael Vick.  Checkmate

197833[/snapback]

That's funny...Vick had fewer yards, fewer yards per game, fewer attempts, fewer completions, a lower completion percentage, a worse TD/INT ratio, and more sacks than Bledsoe.

Yet the Bills won despite Bledsoe, but the Falcons won because of Vick? :D

I did say, however, that the quarterback is undoubtedly the most important position on offense and this is something that's pretty basic.

Obviously, you can't prove something like that with numbers or statistics. I'm not putting this in an encyclopedia.

If it's undoubtable and basic...and inarguable, as you also said...then why isn't it provable?

They seemed pretty capable of winning without Duce Staley.

197840[/snapback]

Yeah...they were something like 6-10 the previous year without him, weren't they? Of course, the year before that they were 10-5-1 with Tommy Maddox...so I guess gaining Rothlesberger wasn't all that vital after all, was it?