Let's talk about Leodis

A lot of people are down on McKelvin because he sucked his first couple of years at DB. He is 27 and undoubtably has been a slow learner. That and being black means many on this board hate him. However, he made strides last year and is where he should have been after his first or second year. His return game is about the best in the league. If we resign him he is going to get a new coach this year in an agressive offense. I think he is worth the risk to resign to a new three year deal and that a new coaching staff could bring out the best in him.

What ??? :thumbdown::bag::doh:

Edited by T master

Would you call RG3 a slow learner too because after all he is Black also.

:sick:

Actually, I do recall some ppl here questioning whether RG3 would be a good player because they questioned whether or not he could, "learn the playbook". Same has been associated with Geno Smith. Now I wonder why that is??

Besides, we all know the RG3 is a "cornball brotha" and isn't really "down with the cause" so his "blackness" is in question...

I was hoping to see a leodis love thread. Then I read the OPs last sentence of the first post. WTH

I love leodis. I pray that we keep him. I think he can be one of the better 3rd or 4th cbs in the league, possibly a good 2nd. I believe he is the most electric return man in the nfl and has a chance to take it to the house almost every time he touches the ball. Please Buddy, lock him up.

Being fair to the OP......he wasn't being racist himself......in fact was attempting to be the opposite by saying that the racists here don't give players like Leodis a fair go because he is black.

It was a misguided and unwise thing to say.

A lot of people are down on McKelvin because he sucked his first couple of years at DB. He is 27 and undoubtably has been a slow learner. That and being black means many on this board hate him. However, he made strides last year and is where he should have been after his first or second year. His return game is about the best in the league. If we resign him he is going to get a new coach this year in an agressive offense. I think he is worth the risk to resign to a new three year deal and that a new coaching staff could bring out the best in him.

Jumbalaya my Bills fan pal...Dont ever do this to yourself again. I have been on here for quite a few years and this is the first time I have ever see the skin color of a player brought to the for front. Im a white man myself and dont like some white people and dont like some black people. As King said "we shouldnt judge people by the color of their skin but the content of their ability to play football. Ok thats not entirely accurate but you get my point. McKelvin... just so happens to be a black man with an Irish last name but his play has the potential of being unmatched. He needs a contract along with Levetrie.

The most underutilized aspect of Leodis' is the fact that they didn't have him blitz. I think if he is resigned and kept inside that his speed and athleticism would make him a dangerous blitzer a few times a game. I think that it would help his confidence a ton if given the opportunity to not just cover, but also hit the QB from time to time. If he is retained I believe Pettine will be quick to send him to the QB in the right down and distance, among other players too of course. I have never understood teams that have a struggling CB and don't give them an opportunity to blitz to help mix it up instead of keeping them on an island and getting abused the entire game.

I hope we can resign him. but at a fair price

Oh wait McKelvin's a black man.. let him walk. Thank god he is the only black man on the Bills roster.

What you say there are more ?

Oh the horror....

The OP was trolling and he succeeded. But it does bring up an interesting question. Has there ever been a white cornerback? Ever? I'm from Williamsville and we even had black cornerbacks in high school. There's black hockey players and white running backs, but I've never heard of a white cornerback. There's even been black punters!

i have never seen a player in position to make a play and not complete the play , never. law of averages says he is is due

sign him

Funny, but true.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The OP was trolling and he succeeded. But it does bring up an interesting question. Has there ever been a white cornerback? Ever? I'm from Williamsville and we even had black cornerbacks in high school. There's black hockey players and white running backs, but I've never heard of a white cornerback. There's even been black punters!

Funny, but true.

Jason Sehorn was white, I think.

EDIT - Also, Julian Edelman played some corner so that counts, too.

Edited by billsrcursed

McKelvin... just so happens to be a black man with an Irish last name but his play has the potential of being unmatched.

that is why hes dumb. hes part irish, therefore drunk all the time. that would explain the lack of coordination (ie mistimed jumps) and slow informational uptake. :beer:

edit- it's ok for me to say this, cause i have lots of irish friends, and am part irish myself. protestant irish though. on the scale, its like being a light skinned black. :rolleyes:

Edited by sodbuster

Jason Sehorn was white, I think.

EDIT - Also, Julian Edelman played some corner so that counts, too.

He is and married a hot girl from law and order i think!

leodis may not be the smartest guy in the world, but is anyone playing football? I mean if you where so intelligent i am sure there are far more ways you could make a very good living with out reducing your life span by 10-15%.

He always seems to want to do well and tries like heck. He is a likable guy with great talent.

I hope he is brought back for average starting CB money.