on Dan Patrick this morning A. Smith talk, G. Smith talk

So Dan was about to have Florio on and said there's behind the scene drama goin down. KC paid SF the 2 draft picks because Buffalo wanted Alex Smith Dan said The Bills drove that price up and he's also hearing Barkeley to AZ and Smith to the Bills. Anyone else hear that today?

Edited by Beerball
Edited title

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. So the Bills lost out. That's my takeaway.

Funny, I had the opposite takeaway. IMO, KC saved the Bills from themselves, just as SD did last year with Robert 'Total Bum' Meachem.

Funny, I had the opposite takeaway. IMO, KC saved the Bills from themselves, just as SD did last year with Robert 'Total Bum' Meachem.

Or... had we gotten Meachem, maybe we would not have taken Graham in the 3rd and taken Russell Wilson instead. So we still might have missed out.

I like Alex Smith.. I think he'll do well in KC. More telling is that if true, it probably means we are not too keen on any of the QB's and don't want to take one in round 1.

I find it hard to believe the cards would take Barkley over smith.... but if they do, hell, i'll take Geno over any of the others.

Why? Many people still think Barkely is the best QB prospect in the draft and its believed by most that he is the top target at QB for AZ. He is a guy that would fit well in to what AZ does even though he may not be the ideal guy for Buffalo because his arm isnt as strong as Smiths.

I will be happy to get either guy personally because we need to address QB badly overall here. We need a guy in the first or 2nd this year IMO.

Why? Many people still think Barkely is the best QB prospect in the draft and its believed by most that he is the top target at QB for AZ. He is a guy that would fit well in to what AZ does even though he may not be the ideal guy for Buffalo because his arm isnt as strong as Smiths.

I will be happy to get either guy personally because we need to address QB badly overall here. We need a guy in the first or 2nd this year IMO.

I've heard several talking heads/experts on TV say for a while now that Barkley won't get past Arizona. We'll see.

I support this message

Or... had we gotten Meachem, maybe we would not have taken Graham in the 3rd and taken Russell Wilson instead. So we still might have missed out.

I don't buy it. The Bills still could've drafted Russell Wilson, had they really wanted him. They missed the boat, plain and simple. As little as Graham has done, I'll still take him eight ways to Sunday over MeachBUM.

Really seems like a win-win for the bills. They drive up the cost for the Cards and they eliminate the Cards from needing to draft a QB early

You lost me on this. Everywhere you said Cards I assume you meant the Chiefs.

Possibly more important than all else is what this report reveals about how the Bills like the QBs in this draft.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

You lost me on this. Everywhere you said Cards I assume you meant the Chiefs.

Possibly more important than all else is what this report reveals about how the Bills like the QBs in this draft.

Oops. Yes. I meant Chiefs. I will correct it.