filling the "holes" with useful vets

everyteam has holes, but in the end the less weekness you have the harder it is for the oppostion to game plan and exploit .

The bills have a decent amout cap space, these players could be added a resonable cost and upgreade the roster to fit the new coaches schemes .

1 shaun phillips . they need a olb-de to play opposite Mario, at 32 his options may be limited. adding the 34 olb helps pettine when he wants to line up 34 base

2 James Casey : He probably will not come as a bargin but he shouldn't break the bank , lines up at full back and Tight end. Finding multiple postion players is always a plus

3 Brandon Moore : reading the tea leaves it seems levitre is gone , either his demands or off the charts or he doesn't profile correcty for the Bills. Moore is still a top notch run blocker and has a history with Marrone

4 Mike Devito : A beast against the run can play tackle in a 43 or end in a 34. Adds some grit the defense needs. A nice rotational d lineman

5 Devery Henderson : great insurance as a downfield threat if Graham continues with his growing pains

6 Even if Mckelvin is signed I would really like to add a vet corner back. I don't think Keenan Lewis will come cheap but I would kick the tires. Quintan Jammer might be more in line as a cheap stop gap.

The Bills still need a qb, and I am coming around to Smith , if he is there at 8 great if not best player available.

wide outs will and inside backers are going to come from the draft. I guess you could add Bart Scott to the list but not sure what he has left .

everyteam has holes, but in the end the less weekness you have the harder it is for the oppostion to game plan and exploit .

The bills have a decent amout cap space, these players could be added a resonable cost and upgreade the roster to fit the new coaches schemes .

1 shaun phillips . they need a olb-de to play opposite Mario, at 32 his options may be limited. adding the 34 olb helps pettine when he wants to line up 34 base

2 James Casey : He probably will not come as a bargin but he shouldn't break the bank , lines up at full back and Tight end. Finding multiple postion players is always a plus

3 Brandon Moore : reading the tea leaves it seems levitre is gone , either his demands or off the charts or he doesn't profile correcty for the Bills. Moore is still a top notch run blocker and has a history with Marrone

4 Mike Devito : A beast against the run can play tackle in a 43 or end in a 34. Adds some grit the defense needs. A nice rotational d lineman

5 Devery Henderson : great insurance as a downfield threat if Graham continues with his growing pains

6 Even if Mckelvin is signed I would really like to add a vet corner back. I don't think Keenan Lewis will come cheap but I would kick the tires. Quintan Jammer might be more in line as a cheap stop gap.

The Bills still need a qb, and I am coming around to Smith , if he is there at 8 great if not best player available.

wide outs and inside backers are going to come from the draft. I guess you could add Bart Scott to the list but not sure what he has left .

Edited by jcbillsfan

I prefer this approach. At this point we already have some star power (SJ, Spiller, Mario, Byrd). I'd rather bring on 3-4 solid vets to fill holes than 1-2 big ticket guys. Plugging in a decent player who will make the tackles that prevent 5 yard runs from turning into 20 yard runs, or a guy that makes the blocks that spring Spiller for a big gain, is just as valuable as bringing on a marquee player at this juncture.

Good post. And I like Rob's draft above.

Thanks. I doubt you'll get a lot of props for mocking an OL in the first, but if we don't go QB I think you could do a lot worse than bookend tackles for the next 10 years.

Greg Jennings rumors anyone ?

My friend just told me he heard something about it.

I looked online didn't see anything definitive at all

That would be great if Jennings exhaled and came back down to reality. At $7-$9 mil/yr I love the idea. At the $12+ he's looking for I wouldn't want any part of it.

Greg Jennings rumors anyone ?

My friend just told me he heard something about it.

I looked online didn't see anything definitive at all

would love that also gimme Landry at SS as a run thumper and devito and or Kruger and thats an awesome offseason

Heard a rumor that they are interested in Paul Kruger, not sure if there's any teeth to it or if this site is reputable.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/03/02/bills-to-make-a-run-at-paul-kruger/

Good player that I suspect will be paid like a great one. We will see.

Landry and Kruger are the two common names that worry me the most with regards to value.

Good player that I suspect will be paid like a great one. We will see.

Landry and Kruger are the two common names that worry me the most with regards to value.

Same concerns.

Ellerbe might be a better fit if he comes free.

I am not a Landry fan , but Kruger i do like

Heard a rumor that they are interested in Paul Kruger, not sure if there's any teeth to it or if this site is reputable.

http://www.profootba...at-paul-kruger/

Kruger would be awesome.We need to bring in a strong leavening of guys from strong Ds who know what it takes.

For the OP, Mike Devito :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

James Casey : uncertain. how he's being used in Texas? Not a lot of receptions - is he a blocker/ST guy? We need a TE. I have a :wub: thing for Corey Mac - can just pancake a guy blocking and whenever we saw him in preseason, it seemed he could run and catch also. Would this guy fill his shoes if we don't put a push on to sign him?

Shaun Phillips: again uncertain. He's 31. Some 30-31 year old LB are still truckin. Some appear to have hit a wall suddenly (see: Barnett).

Brandon Moore, Devery Henderson: if this is our plan, those fans who are squawking about "creating holes" with Nelson's departure may have a point. Henderson is older, has fewer catches, and gets paid more than the 2nd round tender it would have cost to keep Nelson. Moore is older and less versatile than Levitre.

That site looks a little sketchy. It also says we offered Byrd a 5yr $38M contract 2 weeks ago. It sounds like they are just reporting things they hear on message boards.

Either that or they have access to stories that nobody else in the world has and that no other media sources want to pick up and give them credit them for.

More likely, A.

Kruger would be awesome.We need to bring in a strong leavening of guys from strong Ds who know what it takes.

For the OP, Mike Devito :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

James Casey : uncertain. how he's being used in Texas? Not a lot of receptions - is he a blocker/ST guy? We need a TE. I have a :wub: thing for Corey Mac - can just pancake a guy blocking and whenever we saw him in preseason, it seemed he could run and catch also. Would this guy fill his shoes if we don't put a push on to sign him?

Shaun Phillips: again uncertain. He's 31. Some 30-31 year old LB are still truckin. Some appear to have hit a wall suddenly (see: Barnett).

Brandon Moore, Devery Henderson: if this is our plan, those fans who are squawking about "creating holes" with Nelson's departure may have a point. Henderson is older, has fewer catches, and gets paid more than the 2nd round tender it would have cost to keep Nelson. Moore is older and less versatile than Levitre.

Henderson is a different role completely than Nelson (outside speed vs inside possession), will not be paid more, and has played under marrone. Before vitt took over last year he was a decent target, but vitt essentially removed him from the rotation at wr

Not a savior but a reliable presence in case of injury or if a rookie isn't ready or just in subpackages

Same concerns.

Ellerbe might be a better fit if he comes free.

I am not a Landry fan , but Kruger i do like

I just do not see the Ravens letting Ellerbe go. From what has been reported the Ravens view him as the heir to Ray. I think it is going to take some cash to keep him which could mean Kruger shakes free. Flaccos' monster deal and Ellerbe should mean the Ravens will have to make a tough decision or two. Not to mention they still have to decide what to do with Ed Reed. He will come back for another year he says, but it is not going to be for Vet min.

I just do not see the Ravens letting Ellerbe go. From what has been reported the Ravens view him as the heir to Ray. I think it is going to take some cash to keep him which could mean Kruger shakes free. Flaccos' monster deal and Ellerbe should mean the Ravens will have to make a tough decision or two. Not to mention they still have to decide what to do with Ed Reed. He will come back for another year he says, but it is not going to be for Vet min.

I was guessing, due to Flaccos pay day that he might be available.

I do agree with the No saint Kruger will be overpaid although I do like his play alot.

Thinking for me is if we are filling holes i dont want to over pay. We are not on a playoff run.

or are we :bag: ? lol at myself

How about we grab Ed Reed