Don't get the hopes up on kicker Mike Nugent

Nugent will be a rookie next season. No way should we start a rookie kicker when we have an experienced veteran in Lindell.

Look I know you've all watched the games same as me and have seen how awful Lindell can be at times, but the Bills are really close so why should we trust an inexperienced kicker when we already have a veteran in Lindell?

Sorry but you're wrong........

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way, you're wrong. Better to go with the sure thing then with the unknown...

197405[/snapback]

Sure THING?

Are you honestly, sincerely, and truthfully referring to Rian (with an i) Lindell as a "sure thing"?

Holy Crap - I've heard it all.

That's right, doesn't he have a program called 'Kicking With Dignity'?

197387[/snapback]

He showed that dignity after missing that 28 yd. FG. Told the press later " This is my team ". Can't argue with that, despite playing poorly in a playoff berth game.

Besides, Nugent has never kicked in the NFL. I fear the unknown.

No way, you're wrong. Better to go with the sure thing then with the unknown...

197405[/snapback]

I'm with you Gavin. It's better to know that Lindell CAN'T hit the 28 yarder, than roll the dice on some kid who may or may no be able to hit it. I'm more comfortable KNOWING I'm going to fail, than hoping I don't.

How is this kid an unknown? There is just as much pressure if not more to make kicks at Ohio State than to make them in the NFL. Big 10 kickers also have experience kicking in crappy conditions. Nugent is as close to a sure thing as there is. That said, no way TD uses a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a kicker unless we get a 2nd for Henry and an extra 3rd for Winfield.

Sure THING?

Are you honestly, sincerely, and truthfully referring to Rian (with an i) Lindell as a "sure thing"?

Holy Crap - I've heard it all.

197410[/snapback]

Cuz stojan's brainless. He ain't got a fuggin' clue. Should be working at a drive thru. Can he take your order please...

Holy you! Did you BF up this thread.

Cuz stojan's brainless.  He ain't got a fuggin' clue.  Should be working at a drive thru.  Can he take your order please...

Holy you!  Did you BF up this thread.

197417[/snapback]

I'm retarded. Totally missed the blatent sarcasm... and if you refer to me as BF ever again, I'll fly up to the igloo of yours and challenge you to a duel...

I'm with you Gavin.  It's better to know that Lindell CAN'T hit the 28 yarder, than roll the dice on some kid who may or may no be able to hit it.  I'm more comfortable KNOWING I'm going to fail, than hoping I don't.

197412[/snapback]

Lindell has lots of fans who enjoy watching ceiling fans spin. A wise man told me that.

The Bills are too close. Are you ready to have growing pains because the Bills decided to go with the inexperieced kicker over the veteran? Not me buddy. Sure Lindell is horrible and can't kick a field goal past 40 yds, but he is a VETERAN and we all know that teams can win a Super Bowl with a marginal kicker.

197354[/snapback]

Sure - ask the New England Patriots. They have kicker who is marginal at best...

I'm retarded. Totally missed the blatent sarcasm... and if you refer to me as BF ever again, I'll fly up to the igloo of yours and challenge you to a duel...

197431[/snapback]

You got so badly got...you should have shut up and colored when I told you to... :P:P:lol:

How is this kid an unknown?  There is just as much pressure if not more to make kicks at Ohio State than to make them in the NFL.  Big 10 kickers also have experience kicking in crappy conditions.  Nugent is as close to a sure thing as there is.  That said, no way TD uses a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a kicker unless we get a 2nd for Henry and an extra 3rd for Winfield.

197416[/snapback]

When was the last time Nugget won a national championship with Ohio State? If he can't win the big game, he does us no good.