Don't get the hopes up on kicker Mike Nugent

Nugent will be a rookie next season. No way should we start a rookie kicker when we have an experienced veteran in Lindell.

Look I know you've all watched the games same as me and have seen how awful Lindell can be at times, but the Bills are really close so why should we trust an inexperienced kicker when we already have a veteran in Lindell?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindell cannot be trusted over 40 yards. I mean we only attempted 3 kicks over 40 yards! That has to say something. We are at a distinct disadvantage with most every team because they have a kicker who can kick the 40+ yard FG and gain 3 points and we punt instead

Nugent will be a rookie next season. No way should we start a rookie kicker when we have an experienced veteran in Lindell.

Look I know you've all watched the games same as me and have seen how awful Lindell can be at times, but the Bills are really close so why should we trust an inexperienced kicker when we already have a veteran in Lindell?

197329[/snapback]

:P

Inexperienced?

Like I said in a previous post, this is the KICKER. This has to be the position where the LEAST changes from college to the pros.

If anything , the only thing that will change is the long snapper will be more accurate and the holder better.

I don't see what would be wrong with getting a guy on the field who can drill a 55 yarder over a guy YOU WONT TRY a 42 yarder with.

You know how many games having a kicker with a leg like his could change?

197329[/snapback]

We should draft him anyway to let Lindell help groom him. I hear Lindell is a character, team-first guy who would be a valuable asset in helping Nuge acclimate himself in the NFL. A year on the bench holding Lindell's clipboard would do wonders for this kid. I'm all for it.

Good point. We need a caretaker Kicker. Just let Moorman run a lot of fakes.

197339[/snapback]

Maybe we could draft Nugent and use him for Kickoffs? Then he could take 2-3 years and watch Lindell. When Lindell's contract is up...viola...we have a kicker ready in the wings. Course that would cost us a roster spot. Wonder who we could get rid of.

Inexperienced?

Like I said in a previous post, this is the KICKER. This has to be the position where the LEAST changes from college to the pros.

If anything , the only thing that will change is the long snapper will be more accurate and the holder better.

I don't see what would be wrong with getting a guy on the field who can drill a 55 yarder over a guy YOU WONT TRY a 42 yarder with.

You know how many games having a kicker with a leg like his could change?

197346[/snapback]

The Bills are too close. Are you ready to have growing pains because the Bills decided to go with the inexperieced kicker over the veteran? Not me buddy. Sure Lindell is horrible and can't kick a field goal past 40 yds, but he is a VETERAN and we all know that teams can win a Super Bowl with a marginal kicker.

We should draft him anyway to let Lindell help groom him.  I hear Lindell is a character, team-first guy who would be a valuable asset in helping Nuge acclimate himself in the NFL.  A year on the bench holding Lindell's clipboard would do wonders for this kid.  I'm all for it.

197347[/snapback]

But what about the risk of Troy Vincent breaking his leg in practice.

But what about the risk of Troy Vincent breaking his leg in practice.

197358[/snapback]

You never even let him put a uniform on for his rookie season. There is no evidence actually playing the game your rookie year helps at all. I think all rookies should hold clipboards for their rookie season. Anybody have any data on rookie OGs getting groomed by a vet for a year?

197329[/snapback]

How do you possibly expect Nugent to mature if he doesn't play? Field Goals and kickoffs in garbage time aren't going to help him that much on his road to NFL stardom.

197329[/snapback]

Hilarious. Great post.

The Bills are too close. Are you ready to have growing pains because the Bills decided to go with the inexperieced kicker over the veteran? Not me buddy. Sure Lindell is horrible and can't kick a field goal past 40 yds, but he is a VETERAN and we all know that teams can win a Super Bowl with a marginal kicker.

197354[/snapback]

You are kidding, right? Because this logic is baffling.

You say you KNOW Lindell sucks, but because he's a veteran (and seemingly ONLY that reason) you want him to play, even though we KNOW he cant hit better than 30% outside of 40 yards.

In what universe does that make sense?

You are kidding, right? Because this logic is baffling.

You say you KNOW Lindell sucks, but because he's a veteran (and seemingly ONLY that reason) you want him to play, even though we KNOW he cant hit better than 30% outside of 40 yards.

In what universe does that make sense?

197379[/snapback]

sarcasm stoj-pure sarcasm. You bit

You never even let him put a uniform on for his rookie season.  There is no evidence actually playing the game your rookie year helps at all.  I think all rookies should hold clipboards for their rookie season.  Anybody have any data on rookie OGs getting groomed by a vet for a year?

197364[/snapback]

That data is very sparse. But I can point to Exhibit A - for Gary (A)nderson of how drafting kickers is 100% failure.